Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2018

Options

Comments

• katiekittykat
    katiekittykat Posts: 9,622 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I love Caesers Palace buffet, if you go at 1130 ish you get breakfast and lunch foods... sure that is the same in all of them though
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • credit_crunch
    credit_crunch Posts: 1,421 Forumite
    Options
    we are flying out in november for 5 nights

dublin - gawtick - vegas with virgin.

It will be our 3rd trip but we've flown BA the previous times.

We booked this through thomas cook, and they have offered us seats in the bubble on the virgin flight - is it worth paying the extra £35 per person per flight considering its still an economy seat?
  • swingaloo
    swingaloo Posts: 2,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Has anyone done the 'High Roller' Wheel. It wasn't there last time we went but we will be doing it this time.

Is it better to do it in the day or night? Hubby wants to do it at night to see the strip lit up. Personally I would prefer to do it during the day as perhaps you would notice more without the distraction of the lights.

We will probably end up doing both but would be interested to know the opinion of someone who has already done it.
  • bobbyhibs
    bobbyhibs Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    swingaloo wrote: »
    Has anyone done the 'High Roller' Wheel. It wasn't there last time we went but we will be doing it this time.

Is it better to do it in the day or night? Hubby wants to do it at night to see the strip lit up. Personally I would prefer to do it during the day as perhaps you would notice more without the distraction of the lights.

We will probably end up doing both but would be interested to know the opinion of someone who has already done it.

hi
    My brother and I did this but it was at night (think it was early evening like 8pm or there abouts) and loved it! Though as you say the strip and everything was lit up and we loved it !
    As you have said there is always the options of doing one during the day and one at night..Another thing to consider is it you want drinks included..we had it in the pod , there was a range of drinks and a bar tender whom served drinks.
    .hope this helps
  • swingaloo
    swingaloo Posts: 2,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you for the reply.

Probably will end up doing both then, Im sure it will be worth it.

Now I just have to hope the pound v dollar changes a bit. I was going to change money a few weeks ago and put it off. Manged to do myself out of 500+ dollars by waiting.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Parking charges.

They may be light at the end of the tunnel.

Wynn have just rolled back to free parking if you are a guest or if you spend $50

Let’s hope others follow
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    Parking charges.

They may be light at the end of the tunnel.

Wynn have just rolled back to free parking if you are a guest or if you spend $50

Let’s hope others follow

Mlife offering complimentary upgrade to Pearl status until end of Sept at least, so in effect free parking.
  • stevie11
    Options
    In other news Frank Marino and the Divas show, the longest running show in Vegas has closed.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/kats/frank-marinos-divas-las-vegas-a-staple-on-the-strip-closes/

After watching the recent ITV show 'Last Laugh in Vegas' we were hoping to catch Divas on our next trip. Will have to think of another show now.
  • newuser86
    newuser86 Posts: 312 Forumite
    Options
    stevie11 wrote: »
    Mlife offering complimentary upgrade to Pearl status until end of Sept at least, so in effect free parking.

Where is this? Can't find it. Didn't do much in Vegas last year so have dropped back down to blue.
  • stevie11
    Options
    newuser86 wrote: »
    Where is this? Can't find it. Didn't do much in Vegas last year so have dropped back down to blue.

I have just checked and looks like the offer expired 3 days ago. Apologies for confusion.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k11681569-Current_MGM_Resorts_promo_free_self_parking_through_9_2019-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure