Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MisterBaxter
    • By MisterBaxter 8th Apr 14, 5:00 AM
    • 653Posts
    • 456Thanks
    MisterBaxter
    Noddle Credit Score
    • 8th Apr 14, 5:00 AM
    Noddle Credit Score 8th Apr 14 at 5:00 AM
    For quite a while now my scored with Noddle has been 5/5, combined with the fact that I know nothing has really changed in terms of my credit, payments etc it has meant that I have only been giving my credit report a cursory glance,

New report was available yesterday and my score had gone down to 4/5, I couldn't think of any immediate reason so I thoroughly checked my report, couldn't see any real changes although I have opened a new current account (kept the old one) and my credit card usage has reduced significantly but there are no nasties.

So although credit scores don't mean anything in the real world the fact that mine changed made me check my report in more detail that I would normally so perhaps it's not a bad thing to know how the CRA rate you. Conversely the fact the the score dropped 20% with no significant change in circumstances does question the scoring process.

In future I should probably just check the report in more detail regardless of the score. It hasn't made me want to pay for my score though, I'll stick to stat reports for the other two, if I'm paying for them I'll read them.
Page 6
  • a4a
    I don't believe CRA's, if you want to support them, then that is up to you. You clearly have a life that is about winning on MSE rather than listening to people who have a different view.

You want to tell people that credit scores are meaningless, yet other than supporting CRA's comments you have no proof.

Ironically, if you really believe their scores are meaningless and yet support their statements to this affect, then why don't you spend your time campaigning against them and challenging them rather than sit on here and argue against people who don't believe them?
    • The Boss
    • By The Boss 15th Apr 14, 10:18 PM
    • 5,717 Posts
    • 3,774 Thanks
    The Boss
    I do challenge them - you just haven't seen it. And just because you haven't seen it that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

There is plenty of proof that supports my case. Testimony of so many supports this too.

#a4afacts
    • GingerFurball
    • By GingerFurball 16th Apr 14, 8:44 AM
    • 950 Posts
    • 894 Thanks
    GingerFurball
    Each lender will score you individually based on what they know about you, which has nothing to do with your CRA score.
    DEBT FREE!

Debt free by Xmas 2014: 3555.67/4805.67 (73.99%)
    Debt free by Xmas 2015: 1250/1250 (100.00%)
    • Gordon Hose
    • By Gordon Hose 16th Apr 14, 9:01 AM
    • 6,057 Posts
    • 4,113 Thanks
    Gordon Hose
    Each lender will score you individually based on what they know about you, which has nothing to do with your CRA score.
    Originally posted by GingerFurball
    According to a4a, we're all wrong... even James Jones the Experian rep is wrong. And the Equifax and Experian websites.

Go figure.
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 16th Apr 14, 9:32 AM
    • 25,525 Posts
    • 13,724 Thanks
    lisyloo
    According to a4a, we're all wrong
    Surely lenders can do what they want?
    They can asses you themselves, they can outsource it to CRAS or they can do a combination of both.
    They can also change their system tomorrow or the next day on how they do it, so surely no-one here can categorically say what they do across the board?
    • Gordon Hose
    • By Gordon Hose 16th Apr 14, 9:40 AM
    • 6,057 Posts
    • 4,113 Thanks
    Gordon Hose
    They can asses you themselves, they can outsource it to CRAS or they can do a combination of both.
    They can also change their system tomorrow or the next day on how they do it, so surely no-one here can categorically say what they do across the board?
    Originally posted by lisyloo
    What?

The whole theme of this thread is a4a trying to tell us that lenders see the 'score' given to you by the CRA's.

They don't.
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 16th Apr 14, 9:50 AM
    • 25,525 Posts
    • 13,724 Thanks
    lisyloo
    They don't.
    Do you mean they don't by default or do you mean they can never ever see it.

Don't CRAs sell services to lenders to score individuals?
    • Gordon Hose
    • By Gordon Hose 16th Apr 14, 9:56 AM
    • 6,057 Posts
    • 4,113 Thanks
    Gordon Hose
    Lenders don't see it full stop. Read the whole thread and the links to Experian and Equifax I posted. I also quoted James Jones the Experian rep who stated that lenders don't see the score given to you by CRA's.

Again, as stated by James Jones, they help lenders build a scoring system, but lenders use additional information to produce their own in-house algorithm to 'score' potential customers.
  • a4a
    Your hypocrisy is unbelievable!

You want us to believe that lenders use CRA scores off the back of 1. what someone told you, and 2. what was written on MSE. You believe that, but not irrefutable proof from James Jones at Experian.

Originally posted by Gordon Hose
    And vice versa, duh, does this not comprehend??

X company says XYZ.

B company says I dont agree.

A court says." Oh well if X company says it, it must be right"

I don't thinks so !!
  • a4a
    According to a4a, we're all wrong... even James Jones the Experian rep is wrong. And the Equifax and Experian websites.

Go figure.
    Originally posted by Gordon Hose
    So lets believe them, because they say it is true !!

Oh lordy, lord.
  • a4a
    Originally posted by lisyloo
    of course they can do what they want.

And I agree with your comments, which is an endorsement of my point.
  • a4a
    Originally posted by GingerFurball
    Yes I think we agreed with this point many moons ago, it is not what the debate is about though.
  • a4a
    So facts from one person are not acceptable because you want to hear from someone else who has responded to you several times and who will not answer your question because of that?

The fact you are wanting to pick arguments with me when the facts are all around you is trolling. Time for the mods to close this.
    Originally posted by The Boss
    There are no facts - there are opinions from people and there are statements from CRA's, thats all.

You are the one who keeps arguing because I have a different opinion, and you are the one who keeps inciting and being rude.
    • Gordon Hose
    • By Gordon Hose 22nd Apr 14, 8:23 AM
    • 6,057 Posts
    • 4,113 Thanks
    Gordon Hose
    You're chatting a load of old tosh.

Like I said, I thought you were leaving this thread alone?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,454Posts Today

6,960Users online

Martin's Twitter