IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Scs law lbc by ukpc

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 17 May 2018 at 10:55AM
    Options
    And I am sure the trust was not aware of this. Or maybe they knew and just didn't care.

Ask them to find out. Email with link. You could do a FOI request asking for copies of the due diligence procedure and data the hospital conducted and collected before contracting with UKPC - and did that due diligence include asking UKPC about the report of their appalling record at hospitals?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Honey-Dee
    Honey-Dee Posts: 83 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do remember that while the NHS is happy to allow
    scammers to steal money from their staff, Hunt is living
    a ripe old life buying properties in the South to rent out

Sounds like my Trust might be aware all along that UKPC are scammers but just didn't care.
  • Honey-Dee
    Options
    Ask them to find out. Email with link. You could do a FOI request asking for copies of the due diligence procedure and data the hospital conducted and collected before contracting with UKPC - and did that due diligence include asking UKPC about the report of their appalling re ord at hospitals?

Might just do that and they probably will suspect straightaway I am up to something!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sounds like my Trust might be aware all along that UKPC are scammers but just didn't care.

With all the bad publicity about parking and UKPC, someone
    knows, the big question is still .... "who benefits from this"

Corruption is not confined to the Far East ?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Might just do that and they probably will suspect straightaway I am up to something!

A FOI request doesn't have to be in your real name - a nom de plume is fine. Go here:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Honey-Dee
    Options
    Hi all, I am back, thanks for all your help so far.

1st problem: I have now received a COUNTY COURT LETTER which I have to reply to within 14 days. I am hopefully banking on your help and support in winning this case.
    1st of, do I reply disputing the total amount? If I do, can this be based on already paid as most times I had a parking permit but no space to park.
    OR
    Do I dispute and base it on defence of unfair parking tickets being issued due to above reason and many more..... actually reading this I think using the defence method is better as this will expose all UKPC unfairness.

My 2nd problem is the trust, I emailed my trust requesting
    1) details of contract with UKPC or at least dates the contracts were valid.
    2) knowledge of / research done on UKPC prior to awarding them contract.
    3) their awareness of UKPC's ban.

Anyway, below is their reply which by the way arrived 21days after my initial request. I sent a reminder on the 28th of June. They have breached the code of FOI act 2000

*****Thank you for your request dated 14th June 2018. Please find the response below.

1) I would like a copy of the contract you agreed with UKPC please, being the landowner.

This is commercially sensitive information and falls within the Freedom of information Act 2000 exemption at section 43 (2) - commercial interests. It is the Trust!!!8217;s view that if this information were to be disclosed it would be likely to prejudice the Trust or a third party in its commercial dealings

Also, if the contract does not instruct them to take people to court for outstanding penalty payments, could you please include any proof of authorisation you have given them.

This is commercially sensitive information and falls within the Freedom of information Act 2000 exemption at section 43 (2) - commercial interests. It is the Trust!!!8217;s view that if this information were to be disclosed it would be likely to prejudice the Trust or a third party in its commercial dealings.

2) Are you aware the company has a reputation of being brutal, unfair and falsifying tickets and pictures and for these reasons, DVLA has banned them from issuing further tickets for now?

We can confirm there is no current ban in force.

3) Who decided that this company was the best one to contract the management of parking on the Trust sites to?

This was a trust decision.

4) If the contract has already been terminated? Could you please provide the termination date to also include the start date.

N/A *********

Basically, they are hiding behind commercially sensitive information. At least they did not deny it being foe their own commercial gain.

They denied any ban on UKPC.

I am still in communication with them as they have breached the FOI act and I will be making official complaints to the ICO (Information Commissioner's Office)

Also, the parking office at the trust is now ignoring my emails and telephone messages after they promised to look into the whole thing with UKPC and unfair charges for me. They suddenly stopped communicating with me. UKPC probably told them to butt out as they are planning on taking me to court anyway.
    Luckily the Trust can't ignore me as there are laws they have to abide by.

Thank you for your reply guys. Main concern is the County Court Claims.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What is the Date of Issue on your Claim Form?

You now need to read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

In there you will find an easy to follow dropbox file which guides you through the Acknowledgement of Service.

Read more of that post to discover how to prepare a Defence.
  • Honey-Dee
    Options
    Issue date was the 20th July 2018.
  • Honey-Dee
    Options
    Read more of that post to discover how to prepare a Defence
    Ok will do that thanks.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Honey-Dee wrote: »
    Issue date was the 20th July 2018.
    With an Issue Date of 20th July, you have until Wednesday 8th August 2018 to complete the Acknowledgement of Service to buy yourself an extra fourteen days to prepare your Defence.
    No need to delay doing the AoS - do it anytime before 8th August.

Having done the AoS, you will then have until 4pm on Wednesday 22nd August 2018 to file your Defence.

That's over three weeks to hone your Defence to perfection, but please don't leave it until the last minute.

When you are happy with the content, your Defence should be filed via email as described here:

1) Print your Defence.
    2) Sign it and date it.
    3) Scan the signed document back in and save it as a pdf.
    4) Send that pdf as an email attachment to CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk
    5) Just put the claim number and the word Defence in the email title, and in the body of the email something like 'Please find my Defence attached'.
    6) Log into MCOL after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defended". If not chase the CCBC until it is.
    7) Wait for the Directions Questionnaire and come back here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure