IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

New parking regulations at home...

Options

Comments

• Daniel_san
    Daniel_san Posts: 232 Forumite
    Options
    That must be the result of copy / pasting, as it isn't present in the Word document in front of me.

I haven't, and you are right, I should, and I will. Thank you.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    27.1 - how is this not relevant land?

Personally this is too long, needs to be more concise. Defences over a page for something relatively simple shouldn't run this long.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Very fast skim read while waiting for Mrs U to vacate the supermarket - there's some flip-flopping between 'the Defendant' and 'I', which I believe not only should be consistent but should be 'the Defendant' rather than anything in the first person.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Daniel_san
    Options
    27.1 - how is this not relevant land?

Personally this is too long, needs to be more concise. Defences over a page for something relatively simple shouldn't run this long.

This is in BOLD on my screen, to remind me to look into it more before including/removing. That section is copy/pasted from Henry Hippo's thread on Pepipoo, as Coupon Mad suggested. I do need to check that and understand if it's correct for me, or remove it. Thank you.

Regarding the length, it's a defence and counterclaim, and I would rather it be long and include everything relevant, than miss something out. If you or anyone has suggestions as to which parts can be removed whilst still retaining the important parts, that would be great, thank you.
  • Daniel_san
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Very fast skim read while waiting for Mrs U to vacate the supermarket - there's some flip-flopping between 'the Defendant' and 'I', which I believe not only should be consistent but should be 'the Defendant' rather than anything in the first person.

100% agreed. I've gone through it and changed those and will double check it again before it's filed. Thank you.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,112 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That section is copy/pasted from Henry Hippo's thread on Pepipoo, as Coupon Mad suggested. I do need to check that and understand if it's correct for me, or remove it.
    You need to adapt it to suit your case, remove any 'not relevant land' argument.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Daniel_san
    Options
    Quick update. Court has acknowledged my defence and counterclaim and I've paid the fee. I have the directions questionnaire. The case has been moved to my local court. Having read the newbies post, I'm now expecting Gladstones to request the "papers hearing" route.

I'll update at the next stage.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,112 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Usual rubbish. Henry Hippo got the same sort of response. They have to defend a counter claim but IMHO that's very weak indeed.

They've even argued that a VRN is not personal data, despite the fact that the ICO has found as fact that it is.

And this is not a personal injury claim! Consumers can certainly claim for distress under the DPA or the Protection from Harassment Act or the Equality Act or even the Consumer Rights Act and Judges have upheld such claims already in the small claims track.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Daniel_san
    Options
    Thanks for the reply CM. I read it and thought it was a pile of pish too! Especially coming from a solicitors....just wow!

I particularly liked, I mean laughed, at the bit where they suggested my vehicle was or could have been parked outside of my bay in regards my counterclaim. 1 minute on their clients website for any of those 7 PCN's would reveal their clients photographic "evidence" actually supports my claim by showing clearly my vehicle in my own bay - I've saved the images, of course :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure