IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

New parking regulations at home...

Options

Comments

• Daniel_san
    Daniel_san Posts: 232 Forumite
    edited 29 May 2018 at 3:43PM
    Options
    So.....today is the 29th, the date when the directions questionnaire had to be completed and returned to the court AND delivered to other parties. I sent a copy to both with proof of sending Tuesday last week, so I know mine should have got there just fine. I've had nothing from Gladstones....what a surprise.

Court have advised I send a short formal letter for attn of the Judge, to make them aware that I've not been served the document as instructed.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds sensible to me.
    Add it to the list if unreasonable behaviour.
  • Daniel_san
    Options
    Update:
    Notice of allocation to small claims track (no hearing) came today. As I've not had sight of the directions questionnaire completed by Gladstones, I assume that's as per their request. I'm now being asked to agree or disagree with this "papers only" hearing, so I am saying no to it. I can't really see how anyone could agree to it at this stage anyway; Gladstones have so far provided zero evidence whatsoever.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Same as always.

Search 'Gladstones straightforward' for the words for a covering letter with your DQ N180.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Daniel_san
    edited 5 June 2018 at 1:43PM
    Options
    Thanks CM, I'm past the N180 stage. I sent my DQ back to both the court and Gladstones, as instructed on Form N149A. Gladstones sent their DQ to the court, but failed to serve it upon me - I've written to the Judge to have this on record.

I've now received Form N159A Notice of allocation to small claims track (no hearing) and I'm assuming it's because Gladstones have asked for this on their DQ. The form says the DJ thinks he can deal with it papers only, but I don't want to agree to this when I've got zero information from Gladstones other than their particulars simply saying I broke their clients terms and owe a load of money. Plus I know it's more hassle for Gladstones to have to attend court 20 mins from my house :D

Edit: I've just had an email from Gladstones with their N159 with the box ticked for Papers Only.
    Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Aha, yes definitely insist on an oral hearing. Glad you spotted that - a poster last month reported they lost a case at Brighton (my area) because the case was allocated exactly like that and he/she never noticed and suddenly had the Court telling them they had lost...on the papers.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Daniel_san
    Options
    Thank you CM, I've ticked the relevant boxes, sent to court and scanned a copy over to Gladstones so they know they have to make more effort now lol :D
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    If youd already sent in your N180 requesitng an oral hearing the court should NOT change to papers - this isnt their decision, its yours as an individual.
  • Lizzied20
    Options
    Hi I live a a private cul-de-sac and on our plans one of the visitors parking spaces we own so we always park in it can we change the use of it
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Why hi-jack this thread to post that lizzie, surely it is a matter for your local Planning Department.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure