Reclaim CPP article discussion

Options

Comments

• Mabozar
    Options
    Is the forum for boasting figures or for advice too. Still hoping for a reply to my post above....???
  • maggy50
    maggy50 Posts: 783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mabozar wrote: »
    Is the forum for boasting figures or for advice too. Still hoping for a reply to my post above....???

I do not think its boasting more reporting progress.
    As for your enquiry a few days ago you will probably wait 8 weeks in the case of CPP but the bank could be longer. !!
    Light travels faster than sound.

This is why some people seem as bright until you hear them.
  • Southernbell
    Options
    :mad:Interesting and saddened to see other 'victims' of the 'so-called' 'CPP Scheme of Arrangement' on this Forum: Have already been told by them that my complaint was upheld on 6.3.14 and an outcome letter and cheque put in the post from them late on 22.4.14 but find it difficult to believe something truly sent, even by 2nd class post, would take what is now 7 working days to arrive on UK mainland! Problem is their inadequate and completely chaotic 'systems' whereby outcome letters and cheques not sent out from their office but by a 'third party', also even their call centre Managers cannot call out, or even send e-mails or faxes where letters and cheques fail to arrive, they even refuse to discuss or reveal the amount of a claimant's award, I only got it straight from CPP themselves who can see on their system that I have been awarded £278! They have also now, today, breached their own deadline of 8 weeks from scanning of application onto their system on 5.3.14, 56 days ago! They say they will investigate but I have told them I flatly refuse to wait any longer and will be ringing the Regulator tomorrow morning, also told by Scheme of Arrangement it could take another at least 4 weeks to get the 'cheque' they say is in post, stopped and a replacement re-issued. Have told them a further wait it unacceptable and I now expect compensation on top of the Award they have made!
  • Southernbell
    Options
    Further to my recent post, Santander who were in my case the 'business partner' of CPP have already, many weeks ago, settled their part of my claim dating from 1997 to 2005, and only 2 days after I rang them to register my claim I received an offer letter in writing which I immediately accepted, then their cheque was received no more than 5 days after my returning my claim form to accept the offer. Excellent service from Santander, the same can definitely NOT be said for the 'CPP Scheme of Arrangement'.
  • DiscoSet
    DiscoSet Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For those posting about contacting Santander re: CPP reclaim before 2005, which telephone number did you call?

TIA
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Rotti wrote: »
    I suggest every HSBC customer on here does the same
    No.

If you have a disagreement with your Bank which is not responded to in a manner agreeable to you, the the correct procedure is to refer it to the Ombudsman. Any amount of Skype or E-Mail to the Bank will produce absolutely nothing in return other than a reiteration of the original rejection.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    They have also now, today, breached their own deadline of 8 weeks from scanning of application onto their system on 5.3.14, 56 days ago! They say they will investigate but I have told them I flatly refuse to wait any longer and will be ringing the Regulator tomorrow morning
    Since the regulator (FOS) will take around eighteen months to even look at your complaint, I recommend you let CPP investigate the delay.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    if Santander and other banks are paying HSBC must be in the wrong surely
    CPP (and PPI) is not a legal issue, so there is no "legislation". If you remain dissatisfied with HSBC's response the correct procedure is to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.
  • Rotti
    Rotti Posts: 232 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No.

If you have a disagreement with your Bank which is not responded to in a manner agreeable to you, the the correct procedure is to refer it to the Ombudsman. Any amount of Skype or E-Mail to the Bank will produce absolutely nothing in return other than a reiteration of the original rejection.

What do you mean "No"? Everyone has the right to question their bank about their behaviour - we are the customers! And it is not referrable to the FO until the bank has issued their final response - which they have not yet - they are still debating the issue. That is the procedure as put to me by the Service Quality department of HSBC and I see no reason to believe you over them. And they are reviewing their procedure based on information given about other banks so maybe people power would work. EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO CALL THEM ON THAT NUMBER AND PRESSURISE THEM UNTIL THEY GET A FINAL RESPONSE. And if you read the post properly I was advocating a phone contact, not Skype or email - that rubbish was put on by the computer or the system and would not edit out as explained in my further post.
  • Rotti
    Rotti Posts: 232 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 May 2014 at 9:26AM
    Options
    Hi if Santander and other banks are paying HSBC must be in the wrong surely there must be some legislation to go at them with Its so frustrating that other banks are paying up

Don't be put off (text removed by MSE Forum Team) call the bank on that freephone number and ask them to explain - the more that do that the more they will sit up and take notice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure