PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• DundeeDoll wrote: »
    Off for a glass of wobbleade with a very good friend, so if i dont reprt in later you'll know it was a very good drink :P
    Ah, a fair maiden, a quaffing quart of wobbleade. Chat, cheese and a chatter. What better way to spend the eve. Now that just me and Lady Black.

And hugs to all others whom do the same!
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all.

DD - have a great evening. :)
    Frith wrote: »
    Trying to have a dairy free few days to finally see off this "tummy". Don't mind the rice milk but the rest is hard going. No cheese!

No cheese?! :eek: I hope you feel better soon, Frith - I don't think I could stand that for more than a couple of days!

A quick few pleasures as I'm on the verge of falling asleep again this evening (I hate winter :():

1) NSD, although that's not totally a pleasure as I'd hoped to buy another pair of my current favourite boots, in another colour, while I had a voucher, but they seem to have sold out everywhere including online. :(

2) HM sweet potato and cumin soup for lunch. :drool:

3) Wore my new watch to work - I found it while I was away, it cost me £5, and it's so yellow it makes me smile every time I look at it.

4) A throw-it-all-in-the-pan dinner tonight which, as usual, turned out to be delicious, as I know I'll never be able to recreate it. :undecided

5) Listening to the rain pounding on the windows and being very grateful that I decided to be antisocial and stay away from the quiz tonight. ;)

Have a good evening, all.
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    DD. Hugs, and I did laugh out loud liking VJ’smumm’s advice back there.

We had plans to go out and celebrate getting older tomorrow, but I had put them on hold following a call from the hosp.
    1. Remembered to cook up pasta salad which was packed lunches for DH and I.
    2. Got back and DH had done the washing!
    3. Made Chilli and Rice for dinner.
    4. Looking forward to a nice hot bath
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Evening

Pleasures for today,
    1. Have ordered some shoes to go with a dress I found in the wardrobe to wear to friends wedding on Saturday. They had 20% off plus a £10 voucher plus they are Red. Anyone that is into shoes they are these
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Irregular-Choice-Womens-Ladybird-3665-7G/dp/B00871PBDA/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1353446321&sr=8-7
    I know they are not everyones taste but I think they are lovely:D
    2. After converstation with mum discovered that I had more in my account that she looks after for me hence the shoe shopping. My mum doesn't like to order things on line so I buy what she wants and she puts the money into an account for me.
    3. Yummy leftovers for lunch which had one of the guys in the office very jealous.
    4. Tried making HM southern fried chicken tonight, it was ok but needs tweaking if I do it again. Can't have been to bad though as there was none left.
    5. Organised for tomorrow and have nearly everything ready for packed lunches as I need to leave early as have to go to the Coventry office. Get to travel 1st class again though so not all bad as I will get a free yummy breakfast on the train :D

Hugs to all who need them
  • Chickenopolis
    Chickenopolis Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    edited 20 November 2012 at 10:41PM
    Options
    Good evening all!

Dundee - ((hugs))

VJsmum- mucky pup :D Reminds me of my S.I.L she took her brand new pukka L.Vuitton handbag in to Golden Arches and it got covered in Ketchup by my then , tiny niece - tee hee :rotfl:

PK- hope all is ok with your Dad ?

Bearded one - coiffured facial hair, still too scary ;)

5 for today

1. Work ok

2. Nice comment from one company I work with - they had "let rip" at Senior colleagues from other departments and copied me in to their message , and no one had contacted them to say "we are sorry that you feel this way, we will do our best to rectify the situation etc....." except yours truly , hence reply thanking me for seeing their point of view. Not rocket science is it ?

3. Internet down for ages , so late post here. OK now:D

4. Made HM chicken chow mein , as didn't have the sachet in cupboard that I thought I did. It was much nicer though tbh.

5. Doc Martin - love this and M.C. is kind of "ugly handsome" which I rather like :o

Have a good evening all !

eta Tealady - SHOE !!!!!! !!! love them !!
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 November 2012 at 11:14PM
    Options
    Oh mhagster, that's nice! I thought it was you I could see waving.
    All sorts of lovely reading catch-ups and laughed aloud at Frith's boring man rejoinder to kittikins.
    Nearly a week since I was able to write here, but so many moments run through my head as if setting themselves down here. Anyway, a few:

1. Great relief at Spitalfields last Thursday - a very, very decent day. Packed up and away by 21h, onto....

2. Perfect o/n stay at YH Thameside and a reception lady with same Christian name remembered me from over a year back. They kindly let me bring trailer inside gate o/n too. Gorgeous hot shower, read in top bunk, drank tea, slept well.

3. Treated self to YH brekkie and was glad I did. I never do normally. They also refilled my Thermoses. Then, used Bus Pass to Tower Bridge branch of my Bank and paid takings in, which felt wonderful on a lovely sunny day, with sightseeing to match. Was back in under 2 hours. I love this old part of London, the unpretty that Dickens knew. It feels very much the manor of Magwitch, Jaggers, Wemmick, the Pockets still. One grandmother was born, daughter of the manse, somewhere just across the river and spoke to me about slipping a small rowing boat down the mud, plishy-plashying about in the shallows with her two brothers.

4. Set off across London and actually found shipping agent in the inner moils of Park Royal. Lovely chaps loaded my H_E_A_V_Y boxes in trailer - odd to see them again, last sighted over 23000 miles and 6 months ago. Nothing unpacked yet.

5. Great Saturday - hit 3 crimbo fairs/village sales and found several bits. READ ALL OF MY GUARDIAN ON DAY OF PUBLICATION. This could be a first.

6. Sunday - blissful. Used Guardian voucher to see 'Silver Linings Playbook' free in a delightful old-style Abbeygate Picture House in Bury St E. The back row seating is all splendid old sofas with cushions. Other rows are armchairs; some have footstools. It is entirely marvellous and this air of 'singular and special' is matched in the staff. I loved it, loved the film: EVERYONE READING THIS MUST SEE 'SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK'. Please.

7. Reverbe'd 5p o/s picture house[that is how they style themselves] and also tonight, under Waitrose trolley wheel! May I initiate a new reverbe category? In my trolley was a pack of Waitrose parmigiano reggiano and a garlic bulb. The other day, I won someone's bunch of organic spring onions. All happy 'founds'.

8. Cooked for friend+family in next village;delivered it. They returned late from a difficult funeral and L was relieved and pleased, it transpires. They were very hungry to their own surprise. I'm glad, having wondered if it was de trop. It's actually a time to re-fuel, hopefully sleep and accept a sense of ending. This can begin for them now.

9. Nothing like the continuing pleasure of reading Master Frith's strength-to-strength progress. I really look forward to reading sons' latest school doings. Well done on the Bus Pass, too.

10. Mhagster - your brave lass can take strength from all of us. We're so primed now and tempered by fire for Master Frith, we can do what it says on the tin for your daughter. Please tell her she has Team Us, Reigning Champions, with her all the way. How brave she has been, trying to protect you from knowing too much throughout your own Hell with OH. You are all winning through in your own special ways. I'm glad that flora and fauna surround you in abundance to give you heart, colour, and pleasures for us to enjoy in your posts here.

It's late enough. I need to eat, sleep and start Spit's prep. again demain. There's one Montalbano left, about to run out on iplayer. Away I go.....v.pleased you helped me get the mowing done, dd. Slainte.
    ##############

Perfect shoes, tealady - pure Revel-Horwood GOR-JUSS!!!
    About a year ago, I showed Irregular Choice shoes to sparrer and I think she later hit the red-soled stratosphere for her daughter...or am I doing a Hillary Clinton and 'mis-remembering'?
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 21 November 2012 at 12:27PM
    Options
    ampersand I remember very well standing and gazing at the IC's in awe, and you do remember, my DD wears Louboutin with the signature red soles. Bought her a pair for Christmas - everyone else got a very small present last year!
    BoP here's another who has an aversion to black beards - my first mistake had one and for some time after we parted company DD would draw villains, or bad men as she called them, with dark facial hair. Oh, and your spelling is slipping back again...:p
    DD hope you had a good evening out with friends and could forget all your worries for a while at least
    Frith the grotto sounds super, what a lovely Mum you are :). Don't know how you manage to cut out dairy for a while, if I don't have cheese almost daily I get withdrawal symptoms :rotfl:
    PK hope everything is okay at the hospital and no problems for you
    RevolvingDoor nothing sad about doing a price comparison, in fact very sensible. I must be sad too because I quite enjoy seeing how much I can save

1. The mogs and dog let me lie-in until 8.15am
    2. Spicy fruity porridge with clotted cream for breakfast :drool:
    3. Postie brought me 6 packs of rf crisps to trial
    4. Went shopping with DNeighbour, exchanged a top I bought in Mat Alan last week which was just too small to wear with a roll-neck underneath, and didn't buy anything else! Felt quite disappointed that I couldn't find a single thing I wanted - note wanted, not needed :cool:
    5. The boards are back almost to normal, the MSE staff listened to it's subscribers :D

Sweet dreams. S
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    19.42 below is Rummy's story. Have a hanky ready. It got me going and I knew most of it. I hope it comes over just how lovely Heather and Lev are (and Rummy's jockey, Rebecca).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01nytn1/Inside_Out_North_East_and_Cumbria_19_11_2012/
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I NEED (ok, want) those shoes, they are !!!!!!!!!!!! Need a miracle first to get rid of the pesky Arthur-eyetus and plantar fascithinge-mybob affecting both flipping legs, but oh my goodness, even now the pain would probably be worth it :)

OH being random again and getting on my nerves. I told him by text I was feeling fed up, things were getting on top of me yesterday afternoon, so it would be best if I called him when I was feeling more me again. So, what does the plum do? Send me more and more random texts - e.g. "how are the blueberries?"......turns out he means the blueberry bushes in the flipping dark garden (this text was at 9pm) that he and DD gave me for my birthday. What on earth?!?

I restrained myself from telling him and his silly Movember moustache to take a hike and just said I was off to sleep.......roll on December, I hate his facial hair!! Didn't mind last year when he did the whole beardy thing, that was rather nice :);):)

Sorry, I'll stop ranting now and concentrate on getting DD out of my pit as she still has homework to finish.....
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 November 2012 at 12:29PM
    Options
    sparrer - what was the thing about mse boards please? I always assume[as again over the last hour or so]that it's my computer. This time, a blue screen came up with some msg about needing to check hard disk 1,2,3 consistency. All seems ok now, but couldn't get usual toolbar or start-up screen for quite a while. Google toolbar's back, but Not As I Know It. Nor could I see/download that last Montalbano, so it looks as though I've missed out. It will repeat at some point.

1. I much enjoyed Rummy's story, mcculloch - thankyou:-) Trentham races were regularly part of my childhood, but I had no idea about equine colour bias.

2. Revolving door - big welcomes to you, sister under the skin! Price comparison is excellent and SO gratifying when something is half-price or better, apart from rtc's. All these little finesses count in budgeting. Last night in Mr T, found 1kg JusRol pastry packs @£1.25. In a later aisle are 500g packs, identical product, £1.50, or 2 for £2. Excuse me? I've taken 2x1kg packs and re-bagged each 500gm slab for freezer. This price is on a par with Intermarch!'s ready-rolleds, which I bring back from France.

3. tilambop - when I read 'Lady Black, the ex Ms Sonny, has a new station in lfe. She got Kings Cross playing Monopoly last eve', I thought a new journey to Mornington Crescent had started without me. Has anyone tried the updated Eurostar/Waterloo Compound Ruling now that France has lost its triple-A rating?

4. Really enjoyed The Now Show on i-player.

5. It's pouring today, making prep. for tomorrow impossible atm, but robin likes it out back, esp. as we managed that last mow, dd. He's hoovering around, in and out of strawbs and rasps, drinking raindrops from oak leaves. He gives me heart.

6. A crate slid over yesterday and a signed Sèvres milk crystal vase SNAPPED at the stem, so that wasn't a pleasure to post, but oddly, I don't feel bad about it today. I think I should count that as one.

7. I have a 3-variety apple tree to collect this w/e - egremont russet, fiesta and sundance, I think. It was half-price and I had a voucher.

8. This was how I stopped at a Waitrose en route back and really enjoyed my free coffee, people-watching mixed with quiet read of Times and Torygraph, and little biccie.

9. Just had call back - no immediately available spot for Spit tmrw. I'm not a 10-years' standing stone yet and some of them can cut up rough. Shan't worry, but will make tweaks in case last minute call comes, as a fortnight ago. Eventually I'll be a Regular:-)

10. Heard this with great pleasure and fresh old longings:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01nxh1p/On_the_French_Fringe_That_Film_Festival_Fixation/

I'll be listening to all of them. Oh, just found the other's already been on:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01nzq4h/On_the_French_Fringe_Cartoon_Crazy/

11. http://www.saint-dicton.com/
    and le dicton d'hier was very apt:

'Entre la Toussaint et l'Avent,
    Attends-toi à pluie et vent.'

12. Listening now to a Compare and Contrast with Peter White at his boarding school for the blind. VG, not 'worthy'.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/on-air
    ############
    tealady and others - how are you using your free almond milk? Are there recipes, or is it just for drinking?
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure