Cheap Airport Parking Discussion

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    It never ceases to amaze me when,with all the cowboys operating and the extortionate costs involved,people are still obsessed with parking their car as close to the airport as possible.
    Most times when they've done this they wait hours in the airport,hours on a flight,hours getting to their destination at the other end.
    Why don't people don't use a little ingenuity like websites offering parking on people's drives,let's say a short train journey from the airport.
    Or even just parking on a well-lit street in a decent neighbourhood close to a train station a short journey from the airport.
    It's 20 years since I've paid for airport parking and in the dozens of times I've done this,saving myself thousands of pounds,I've never once had a problem.
    If you're going to be savvy and save money on a holiday why waste all your gains on the airport parking ?
  • wishuponastar
    Options
    Or even just parking on a well-lit street in a decent neighbourhood close to a train station a short journey from the airport.

My friend stays in a so called 'decent neighbourhood' and there is high demand for on street parking. One weekend she had to park a few streets away as that was the closest. When she returned to her car, it had a horrible note on it saying they didn't want her to park there!? and why couldn't she park in front of her own house!? Which was a bit dumb as it's not as if she would choose to park a few streets away if she didn't have to. That was only less than 48hrs or so. Not very nice at all and she had only recently moved in when that happened.
  • bones85
    bones85 Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 August 2018 at 8:18PM
    Options
    Going to Tenerife next week flying from liverpool airport, Any recommendations for best/cheapeast places to park?? I've seen that imagine car parking is 5 mins walk from terminal and only £39.00 for the time we are away, also 36% cash back on topcashback

EDIT : just read a lot of BAD reviews on Imagine Car parks!
  • tammy_c
    Options
    I'm flying from Manchester airport at 7.50am on Saturday September the 22nd and get back on Monday September 24th at 10.20pm but the cheapest I can find for airport parking is 35 pounds 10.
    Normally for a few days it's about 20 pounds for car parking.
    Does anyone have any ideas of cheaper than this please as I've been looking for ages ?
    Thank you
  • Bobby_Wader
    Options
    We have booked our Gatwick airport parking with BookFHR now on over 15 different occasions and used lots of different car parks including park and ride and meet & greet.

We have never had any problems with any of the car parks we have booked (we had delays whilst waiting for pick up from Cophall - had to wait for an hour at Gatwick in the rain, but that was no fault of the car park there had been a major accident causing massive road delays).

I have to say my personal favorite park & ride is APH as I find the whole booking process and bus transfer really simple and we have never had to wait around for the bus transfer. The staff are always friendly and efficient. We are coming from south so the we don't have to go out of our way to park here.

We have also used Bubble (which I believe is another name for Ilovemeet&greet), I was really impressed with their return meet, we dropped off the car at the carpark (we then saw where our car was going to be parked) then they dropped us off at the terminal and on our return they had our car ready for us just outside the terminal.

All the car parks listed on bookFHR are gatwick approved and they all have the park mark award. There are always discounts available for Gatwick parking at https://www.bookfhr.com/airport-parking-discounts/gatwick-airport-parking-promo-code/

or i get the weekly emails which give me discount codes (normally 15-20%), but I have noticed that if you book in advance then the prices are much cheaper than last minute!
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tesco CC vouchers can be used at APH 3 times face value.

You must follow the link on T's website is the same price as if you are going direct to APH's website with no promo code
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Try JustPark........
  • Titas
    Titas Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Take the train from West Yorkshire to Manchester Airport for a Fiver.
    Using Northern Trains from Brighouse West Yorkshire station, Northern Service to Southport / Wigan changing at Salford Crescent station, advance tickets only book at least 3 weeks in front travelling midweek, but still cheap if booked 24 hours before travel.
    Use Northerns website, use advanced options feature, change GOING VIA option to Salford Crescent Station which then allows return on same route. using Northern only
    There are about 6 journeys a day which let you book for £5 obviously not peak times.
    This offer seems to work on other stations further along this route also allows rail card giving an extra 33% off.
    Always allow loads of time if depending on trains to catch planes better 5hrs early than 5 minutes late.
  • omear786
    omear786 Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Any cheap parking for Heathrow?
  • millerose
    Options
    Hi All,
    Just bumping up the post for Car parking at Manchester airport?
    Recent recommendations? Who to avoid?
    I'm thinking of official airport parking, I don't have a new car, but would like to keep my keys. Which Jetpark would you recommend? more or less all same price...….
    Outbound flight is at 5am and return is midday Terminal 1. Cannot take the train as it doesn't match our outbound flight and taxi is out of the question as we are 2hours away.
    Thanks in Advance.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure