Cheap Airport Parking Discussion

Options

Comments

• oscarward
    Options
    Or use public transport. That’s what we did last time. It was cheaper to take a taxi to station, a train from Wolverhampton to airport and return than fuel/parking costs.
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I’m trying to book mid stay parking at stansted but all links take me to either ,ong stay or short stay! I’ve never had problems before booking. Does anyone have any ,inks to assist me please. Thanks in advance.
  • psarinuk
    psarinuk Posts: 352 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mrs_lds said:
    I’m trying to book mid stay parking at stansted but all links take me to either ,ong stay or short stay! I’ve never had problems before booking. Does anyone have any ,inks to assist me please. Thanks in advance.
    https://www.stanstedairport.com/parking/mid-stay/
  • xyztraveller
    Options
    I have used Skypark Secure Meet and Greet a number of times.  However booking via your link does not seem to offer the option to amend or cancel for a few pounds more.  I have been caught out by flights cancelled due to Coronavirus but total refusal to refund or offer a future use voucher.  The savings made have been wiped out.  Surely a refund is in order as I presume they are not able to meet and greet customers due to current restrictions?
  • Alex444
    Alex444 Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Same position as yourself, skyparksecure.com not refunding non-flex bookings that were not fulfilled due to Coronavirus, £58.00 going in their back pocket, also some that cancelled are being charged a cancellation fee! Have a look at Trustpilot, skip the 5 star "Daniel" reviews, Facebook deleting feedback!
  • Deborahy1
    Options
    Best site for stanstead parking please
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    This is not Alexa or Twitter. No need for short instructional commands or character limit on posts.

Have you looked back over the thread for Stansted options?  Giving your dates for the parking, time of check-in at STN and if you are prepared for off-site options may also give sufficient information to allow the MSE community to give best suited options.

Thank you however for using the word “please”.
  • kremmen
    kremmen Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any hints and tips about Heathrow airport parking with up to 1 week parking?

Early flight and would like to consider this.

Thanks in advance.

Paul
  • Geoffrey_Coan
    Options
    kremmen said:
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any hints and tips about Heathrow airport parking with up to 1 week parking?

Early flight and would like to consider this.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

I haven't parked and flown from Heathrow for a number of years,  but when I was flying regularly I used to park in the terminal 5 or 3 short stay and prebook it through BAA.   That brought the price for a week's stay down to around £100 I think.

If that's too much for you then I would go with any of the services that you drive to the airport, drop the car off with their chauffeur and they then drive it to the car park for you.  I never had any issues with any of these (I am sure others will have other stories) and the price was fair.   They do want you to phone and tell them when you have collected your bags before they bring the car back to the airport - my top tip is to phone as soon as you're off the plane so you're not standing waiting for them to arrive (or only waiting a few minutes).  Mind you with the sometimes massive border queues this strategy might backfire.

Cheapest is the offsite parking.  They are usually miles away and you have. to wait for the shuttle bus.

Never just turn up and pay on the day, you'll pay a fortune.  Always pre book.  And do so via topcashback, quidco, etc so you make a small cashback on the purchase.

Geoffrey
    I'd be happier on holiday in Brittany than being at work !
  • onashoestring
    Options
    If it’s an early flight , it maybe worth looking at a hotel stay the night before with a park and fly deal - in the past these we have found this often worked out cheaper than just the parking. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback