Spent 4 years pretending it's all OK

Options

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,048 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Sending you a big hug, NOA. I like your list of achievements idea. You could start with 'posted on my diary'.
    When I get one of those times where it's just head down and keep battling on, what I'm crying out for is one day of respite. If you get a chance for even a little bit of a break it will help. So will just one little area of your home being spic and span - even if it's just the surface around the kettle.
    I'm sitting surrounded by chaos too... but cheering you on. :) Hope you can feel a bit of progress soon. I won't clutter your diary with my efforts but I'll be sure to come back and see how you are. If I can organise myself, I'll bring biscuits and a cuppa.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    helsbell wrote: »
    I think a list of achievements sounds like a great idea. Sometimes a to do list can be completely overwhelming, I find.

Kittychick wrote: »
    Another one here who's been a follower for a while but never commented. I think you are doing amazingly well bearing in mind the 'treacle' feeling. All you can do is keep going, each pound is a pound less... Keep up the fantastic work!

Hello Helsbell and Kittychick :), Thank you for dropping in and posting and for your kind support. Overwhelming, and paralysing/depressing also come to mind! But I'm always grateful that I have the strength to keep going (though some days its hard to find:o) - always onwards and upwards :)

NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Sending you a big hug, NOA. I like your list of achievements idea. You could start with 'posted on my diary'.
    When I get one of those times where it's just head down and keep battling on, what I'm crying out for is one day of respite. If you get a chance for even a little bit of a break it will help. So will just one little area of your home being spic and span - even if it's just the surface around the kettle.
    I'm sitting surrounded by chaos too... but cheering you on. :) Hope you can feel a bit of progress soon. I won't clutter your diary with my efforts but I'll be sure to come back and see how you are. If I can organise myself, I'll bring biscuits and a cuppa.

Thank you Cherry (is it Ok to shorten your alias?)
    Circle around kettle has been cleaned - what time are you popping over :D

Achievements today:

1) Posted in my diary :)
    2) One Load of washing
    3) Dishes all washed and cleared (from yesterday and this am:o
    4) Dining table cleared (it had a bad case of piles) - we can use it for eating now!
    5) Dining room hoovered (floor still to wet wipe)
    6) Several bunches of spring onions (Ys items) cleaned and chopped for freezing
    7) Meal cooked double batch, so will also do for tomorrow :) and
    Work tops wiped
    8) Bedroom hoovered.
    9) Client letters done ready to post
    10) Letter /forms for mum done ready to post
    Just realised time ....
    Dashing out to school run now

xx
    NOA
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
  • redofromstart
    Options
    That's a huge amount done! My dining table alone would take all day.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi NOA :wave:

Another one here who reads but rarely posts.
    Just wanted to send you ((((Hugs)))) and say that everyone is rooting for you. You're dealing with difficult situations and need to also allow some time for yourself to vent when you need to.

Reading your list of Achievements left me exhausted (and ashamed as mine desperately needs doing)

I hope you feel a bit better soon. XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    That's a huge amount done! My dining table alone would take all day.

:rotfl::rotfl:Well Redofromstart......Thank you! But what I didn't say was how the table was cleared....;) Basically stuff was sorted into different types of piles and each pile scooped into a carrier bag to sort out later in order or urgency. Aim was to clear Dining table. Dining Table cleared. Tick. :rotfl: Clean table cloth on and we had dinner round the table.:T DH was going to be late so we started eating. He arrived part way through and proceeded to sort letters from mail box in piles in front of me. When I pointed out I d only just managed to the table, could he please put the mail on the hall table so I could sort it tomorrow, he went off in a huff. Can't win. :mad:
    Glad I'm not the only one that owns a dining table shelf. :D

NOA
    x
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Chrystal wrote: »
    Hi NOA :wave:

Another one here who reads but rarely posts.
    Just wanted to send you ((((Hugs)))) and say that everyone is rooting for you. You're dealing with difficult situations and need to also allow some time for yourself to vent when you need to.

Reading your list of Achievements left me exhausted (and ashamed as mine desperately needs doing)

I hope you feel a bit better soon. XX

Thank you Chrystal :) The lovely encouraging words and support everyone sends provides such a boost to mood and motivation. Makes me feel less alone. Sounds really stupid as I have a family around me, yet I do feel very alone much of the time.

Exhausted so off to bed. Few urgent things to do tomorrow but have a shorter day as hosp phsyio class, plus blood test, and bank deposit to make between school run as well, then a start of term parents evening for DS.

Nite Nite all :)
    NOA
    xx
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    A slow start today, overdid it a bit yesterday so joints complaining today plus back feels like its on the verge of going :( So frustrating - I know I am meant to pace myself but what to do when so much needs doing?

2nd load of washing done, fuming with DS at the moment as just dug out some wet sports kit from the bag he had "emptied" last Saturday - they had played rugby in the rain, so whole bag smells:mad:

Some urgent emails done, and washed hair (put it off yesterday - nobody at home that I needed to impress:rotfl:
    Am just going to do some of my volunteer work admin this am then will be out after lunch doing various bits in town. Miserable day outside so not looking forward to that.

NOA
    x
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,048 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you Cherry (is it Ok to shorten your alias?)
    Circle around kettle has been cleaned - what time are you popping over :D

Of course it is. :)

Mind if I borrow some of that space around the kettle? Just need to put these down... don't like to spoil that shiny surface!

:coffee::coffee:

That dining table of yours is awesome. Mine is currently folded to its smallest and still has the laptop, the contents of my bag, some coasters, a printer, a box of photos, three piles of books, no, four... a carrier bag and DH's glasses. Apart from that it's okay. I didn't realise some people use them as eating surfaces. How novel!

And yes, it's possible to feel alone with family around. :(. :(. Hugs.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    A belated thank you for popping over with tea :) Cherry.
    I stupidly continued with my binge of tidying Friday and Saturday. part of me pushing myself to see how far I could, and ignore the RA fatigue, to see how much of it is just fear in my head. Not a good idea. Sunday/Monday bedridden with back pain and couldn't even get out of bed :( just managing to hobble around now as long as I don't bend in certain directions. so everything at a stand still, going to try and catch up with some work at pc in short bursts. Couldn't drive down to see Mum this weekend.
    But I do have a black bin bag liner of clothes for recycling/CS, as well as several pairs of shoes which I haven't worn for several years to go too. I took out unworn clothes from one wardrobe in spare room and have hung up the ones I do wear - will use that cupboard to sort. DD has also cleared out a spare clothes rail from her room. Doesn't look any better but as always it gets worse before it will get better.

Hope everything had a lovely weekend.
    NOA
    x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure