IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP lost ticket and not enough cash to pay for the day

Options

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,073 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Ask yourself, how would John Lewis, (or any other reasonable company), have dealt with this.

IMO failing to apply reasonability

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reasonability.

Setting aside the tailgating, (which imo is not that reprehensible in the circumstances) , the refusal of the PPC to apply common sense places them on the back foot.

Had I been in such a situation, I would have given the scammer my names and address and blocked the exit until I was leased.

Ha ha I'm surprised at you TD, I am going to John Lewis this afternoon Mrs Pecheur Jacques has given me a £10 voucher to spend against a purchase.

If I forget to take it, should I make a bolt for the exit after underpaying by said amount, or hide in a cardboard box while someone lifts me in to the back of the car so I still get my discount?

As you know I have no sympathy with PPC's but this OP stole a service because of their apathy, then implicated an innocent person.
  • tir21
    tir21 Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    fisherjim wrote: »
    Ha ha I'm surprised at you TD, I am going to John Lewis this afternoon Mrs Pecheur Jacques has given me a £10 voucher to spend against a purchase.

If I forget to take it, should I make a bolt for the exit after underpaying by said amount, or hide in a cardboard box while someone lifts me in to the back of the car so I still get my discount?

As you know I have no sympathy with PPC's but this OP stole a service because of their apathy, then implicated an innocent person.

are you accusing me of theft? How can it be theft if you offer and intend to pay what is owed when you are able to? And what has apathy got to do with losing something?

regarding the driver i tailgated - the only way he can have been logged going in but not logged going out is if he was tailgated so there can be no way he will face any sanction
  • Tigsteroonie
    Options
    tir21 wrote: »
    regarding the driver i tailgated - the only way he can have been logged going in but not logged going out is if he was tailgated so there can be no way he will face any sanction

He was tailgated - by you! They have registered him entering, and haven't registered him exiting. He will receive a penalty charge for overstay.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 September 2019 at 11:23AM
    Options
    I'm with The Deep. You were a Wally. But I don't see any evidence that you were trying to cause trouble for the person you tailgated, more that your brain deserted you.

I really hope the person you tailgated comes here. Meanwhile, we've got you and you want to know what to do. I prefer wallies to PPCs. I'd keep trying with the theatre, only the landowner can cancel a PCN and they may well NOT be the landowner so make sure you know who is.

Have you got an NTK yet?? There's a vanishingly small possibility that you won't get one.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I prefer wallies to PPCs.
    Me too, and I prefer wallies to bullies.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,073 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 September 2019 at 1:39PM
    Options
    tir21 wrote: »
    are you accusing me of theft? How can it be theft if you offer and intend to pay what is owed when you are able to? And what has apathy got to do with losing something?

But you didn't pay what you owed did you, it's not exactly clear but many London car parks have in excess of a £30 all day charge and state Lost tickets charged at full daily rate, your second paragraph makes no sense.

I beg to differ I think "wally" is a bit tame for this, as I said I hate PPC's as much as the next person but your actions are the very reason PPC's exist, good luck.
  • tir21
    tir21 Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    fisherjim wrote: »
    But you didn't pay what you owed did you, it's not exactly clear but many London car parks have in excess of a £30 all day charge and state Lost tickets charged at full daily rate, your second paragraph makes no sense.

I beg to differ I think "wally" is a bit tame for this, as I said I hate PPC's as much as the next person but your actions are the very reason PPC's exist, good luck.

I wasn't able to pay what was owed in the same way someone who had their wallet stolen would not be able to pay what was owed. If they send a letter asking me to pay the £30 - i will comply. The important thing is that i did not intend to avoid paying what was owed. Intent (or mens rea) is an important aspect of the law

regarding the second paragraph - it does make sense
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    with the risk of going off topic here .......

how does the person being tailgated differ to the person who covers up their rear plate upon leaving?

Ralph:cool:
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ralph-y wrote: »
    with the risk of going off topic here .......

how does the person being tailgated differ to the person who covers up their rear plate upon leaving?

Perhaps because they didn't cover up their front plate when entering?

There again, the PPC would surely have to concede that, according to their cameras, the car had never left. And yet it would no longer be in the car park. Therefore, unless the motorist obscured their plate on exiting although not on entering, they were either tailgated or the camera had gone on the blink. Perhaps they will not get a PCN? (Okay, okay - they will!)
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I ..... as some others on this forum will some times cover the rear plate on exit. I ... may be just lucky have yet to receive a nice little note from a PPC ...

any way back on topic ...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family