Great loss poundsinbucks :j :j

Well done PIB:T
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done Poundsinbucks!
    klew356 wrote: »
    Does anyone recommend any soup recipes that are sw friendly and nice? I like a blitzed smooth soup rather than chunky

My favourite is cauliflower and horseradish. Very easy and when blitzed it's creamy. Syn free for a portion.

1 onion chopped
    1/2 a head of cauliflower, chopped into chunks
    Pint of vegetable stock (cubes are fine)
    Seasoning
    1 tsp horseradish sauce

Fry the onion in frylight till soft. Add the cauli and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 20 mins or till the cauli is soft. Blitz in a blender/ hand blender. Return to the pan, add seasoning to taste and stir in the horseradish
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Great loss PIB.

On the clothes front have a look in charity shops for some things. No point in paying loads of money on new things which won't fit you 3 months down the line and you'll need to buy more!

That soup sounds nice esmy. Not one I've had before might give that a try when I get a good priced cauliflower, or even do the same as I do with the cauliflower & blue cheese one and use some frozen!

Denise
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    esmy wrote: »
    Well done Poundsinbucks!

My favourite is cauliflower and horseradish. Very easy and when blitzed it's creamy. Syn free for a portion.

1 onion chopped
    Seasoning
    1 tsp horseradish sauce

Fry the onion in frylight till soft. Add the cauli and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 20 mins or till the cauli is soft. Blitz in a blender/ hand blender. Return to the pan, add seasoning to taste and stir in the horseradish

:T
    Oh that’s sounds good! I like to try different things so I will aim to make that this weekend!
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have got pork mince defrosting this morning, not sure what I am going to do with it yet, any ideas? I have some of those stand and stuff things needing used too, anyone use those?
  • Matron_Midge
    Options
    Cauli and horseradish soup sounds lovely and will defo be on the menu!
    I went to a yoga class for the 1st time. I really enjoyed it, feel very soothed and zen.
    Today's plan is:-
    Hea milk
    Heb promise roll
    B banana
    L bacon medallion sandwich with mushrooms, nectarine
    D chilli and rice. Might have some cheese on top for an extra He a.

Off to visit a friend in hospital today. She tripped at home, landed on the bottom step and fractured her lumbar spine. She has had the op to stabilise it and is really fed up being so still and bored. Hoping I can cheer her up - we usually have a right laugh but I think the black dog is getting at her so we shall see.
    Have a good day everyone xx
  • Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Am filling in SAS logs this week and it has been jaw dropping how many syns have crept in! Sunday and Monday were terrible when I added them up so yesterday I made a real determined effort and was down to just 3.5 syns.

Just wondering whether anybody else is disappointed with their clothes sizes. I am 5’3” and now weigh 14 st 7 lbs having lost 1st 11 lbs. I bought a new nightdress yesterday and still need a size 20 (M and Co) pants I wear size 16 M and S. Leggings I buy size 18 usually M and S. Most other things I buy are size 18/20 or Large depending where I shop. I will admit I hate tight clothes whereas my friend is about my size but wears her clothes very tight so buys a smaller size.

Looking for a 3 lb loss this week to get my 2 stone award!
  • Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    esmy wrote: »
    Well done Poundsinbucks!

1 onion chopped
    Seasoning
    1 tsp horseradish sauce

That sounds delish! I will try that soon. thanks.
  • pollyanna24
    Options
    Is it possible that you can eat too much fruit? Think I had a little too much this morning. Won't eat so much in future.

B - Coffee (HEA1), Watermelon, banana, grapes, apricots (S, F)

L - Crustless Quiche (HEA2), salad (S), LO rice (F)
    WW Yog (0.5)
    Hula Hoop Pufts (3.5) or Monster Munch (no idea on syns, any help?)

D - Tuna (P)
    Pasta (F)
    Mayo (2.0)
    Sweetcorn (F)

S - Alpen Bars x 2 (HEB)
    Tea x 3 (HEA1)
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have got pork mince defrosting this morning, not sure what I am going to do with it yet, any ideas?

Not a very exciting suggestion but I enjoy pork burgers as a change form beef. I generally add onions and dill but anything you fancy would pep them up. I often add chopped capers or cornichons for a bit of crunch. Lidl still don't have any large jars of cornichons though. I suspect we won't see them again. :(
    I have some of those stand and stuff things needing used too, anyone use those?

What are they?:think:
    Pennylane wrote: »
    Am filling in SAS logs this week and it has been jaw dropping how many syns have crept in! Sunday and Monday were terrible when I added them up so yesterday I made a real determined effort and was down to just 3.5 syns.

Where did you find the syns creeping in penny? I'd love to know as I think that can be an issue for target members as well. :)
    Pennylane wrote: »
    Just wondering whether anybody else is disappointed with their clothes sizes. I am 5’3” and now weigh 14 st 7 lbs having lost 1st 11 lbs. I bought a new nightdress yesterday and still need a size 20 (M and Co) pants I wear size 16 M and S. Leggings I buy size 18 usually M and S. Most other things I buy are size 18/20 or Large depending where I shop. I will admit I hate tight clothes whereas my friend is about my size but wears her clothes very tight so buys a smaller size.

I know many people are disappointed when they don't drop through the dress sizes more quickly. It doesn't seem to link up logically with weightloss. Taking measurements can help as that gives you proof that you're definitely losing inches. I wouldn't worry too much about different sizing in different stores though. Some shops really save on fabric by making things skimpy and sometimes it's to do with style/cut as well . And I'm often amazed by people in the magazines who say they're a size 12 but they're a couple of stone heavier than me. :mad:
    Is it possible that you can eat too much fruit? Think I had a little too much this morning. Won't eat so much in future.

I don't think you've had too much fruit today as it helps to offset having no Speed with your dinner. Generally though I'd say that it is better to have Speed veg rather than Speed fruit. It's a personal opinion but sugar is sugar however natural. SW took some fruits off the Speed list at the last review and I think it was for that reason. Grapes used to be Speed but now they're just free like bananas. A 25g bag of Monster Munch is 6 syns so I'd stick with the Pufts. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure