Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :D
    Well done to all the losers:T:T:T
    Denise, hope you are home soon x
    Clothes, my sister is tiny compared to me in height and body, but i bought a new top the other week and she said i REALLY like that i could nick that:rotfl: i said don't be stupid it will be miles too big for you, she said what size is it? i said 18 she said nooooooo way,you only need a 14/16 at the biggest, i said 16 was too tight across the back, but it fitted her because she has a bigger bust than my fried eggs:rotfl: but i am broader than her and my shoulders are boney, she is a 12/4 normally.
    So just shows
    Sorry i have not been about, i have took pics of my tea but am crazily busy at the moment:cool:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How many syns in a packet of sour cheese & chive (I think that's what they are called)?

Snack a Jacks Snack a Jacks Sour Cream & Chive (22g bag) 4½
    Snack a Jacks Snack a Jacks Sour Cream & Chive (26g bag) 5½
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,374 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you are home soon Denise.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hope you are home soon Denise.

Hope you get back in time for dinner Denise. :)

I love lentil and veg soup but I think it tastes best with the stock from boiling a gammon joint. I've tried with ham and veg cubes but it's not the same. :)
  • Suffolksue
    Suffolksue Posts: 1,396 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you for thinking of me Tet sorry dropped out again .
    DH is deteriorating as expected ,swallowing is now difficult ,so the Dieticians say stop healthy eating ,! He will still lose weight but slower ,he has refused a feeding tube in his stomach ( don't blame him I would to.!) I just don't have time to make us separate meals ,so I'm not really doing SW but am trying damage limitation .
    So many of us with health problems ,
    Am trying to read along and will pop in as and when ,hope that's ok
    Good Luck everybody
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Suffolksue wrote: »
    Thank you for thinking of me Tet sorry dropped out again .
    DH is deteriorating as expected ,swallowing is now difficult ,so the Dieticians say stop healthy eating ,! He will still lose weight but slower ,he has refused a feeding tube in his stomach ( don't blame him I would to.!) I just don't have time to make us separate meals ,so I'm not really doing SW but am trying damage limitation .
    So many of us with health problems ,
    Am trying to read along and will pop in as and when ,hope that's ok
    Good Luck everybody

Thanks for dropping by sue . You know you're in our thoughts. Take care of yourself. :A
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,374 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sue~~Thinking of you.
    Take care of you xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,561 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for popping back in Sue, sorry to hear DH is deteriorating quickly. Look after yourself too. SW can wait until it's easier for you to stick to it. It should be the last thing on your mind at the moment.

Got home about 5.15 so in time to make dinner. Just made some pasta with some chopped veg and a cheese sauce made with low fat cheese spread (which needed using up!). Added a little chopped chorizo as well for a bit of flavour. Was quite tasty and filling.

I always eat far too much when I'm at the hospital, I think it is just boredom eating! I took enough food for lunch but by the time my drip had finished and I had half hour or so to kill went to the restaurant and had the curry which I really didn't need but had eaten my lunch by about 11am!

Gone over my Syns this week so will just have to wait and see what the scales say tomorrow but at least an STS I suspect but more likely a small gain.

Denise
  • pollyanna24
    Options
    I'm so impressed at how people can face so much in their lives, but are still able to stick to their healthy eating. It is true that there are other things to focus on (I don't know the extent of people's issues as I am new here, but am getting the gist), but maybe it helps as a distraction as well?

I did well today sticking to my syns. Again I avoided my crisps at lunchtime, yay! Not going to do this all the time, but a few times a week isn't going to hurt, right? While I'm in the zone and all that.

For Friday, I think what I have decided to do is have a WW pizza. I will save my HEB for it. And I will be using 50% reduced fat cheese. Does this mean I can have 60g for my healthy extra or am I in a dreamland? Because I thinking, if I really feel like a pig, I can have two wraps and just syn the second one because 6syns on a wrap has got to be better than if I just went and ate a pizza, right?
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,561 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Pollyanna HEA low fat cheese is only 40g not 60g (unfortunately) but if you grate it on a fine grater it makes quite a good amount to sprinkle on a pizza. Alternatively you could use mozzarella and you get 50g of normal cheese or 70g of reduced fat mozzarella. Or you could do a combination which is what I usually do so 20g low fat cheese and 35g reduced fat mozzarella (not that I make pizza often, in fact can't remember when I last made one and that was a hash brown based one iirc!).

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport