Autumn Slimming World Support Thread 2019

Options

Comments

• esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    esmy I think all flavoured yoghurts are syns now - only 0.5 or 1 each so not too bad. Lamb mince is 4.5 syns per 100g.

Denise

Just checked and it is 1 for the yoghurt. Wow the lamb mince is high! Had a low syn day yesterday so I think there's room for it.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,439 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    klew356 wrote: »
    Does anyone recommend any soup recipes that are sw friendly and nice? I like a blitzed smooth soup rather than chunky
    Brocoli & potato.
    Courgette & potato.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    maman~~hope you feel better soon.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• pollyanna24
    Options
    Saving on syns without really meaning to. Didn't have any alpen bars yesterday, so saved 3. And didn't have my hula hoop pufts today with lunch as my soup was quite filling, so saved another 3.5.

Am I subconsciously doing it to save syns for weekend prosecco? Who knows? Haha.

I had extra fruit this morning in the way of chopped up grapes. My daughter chose peppers for her lunchbox and I forgot and did grapes anyways. Yes, I still chop grapes in half for my soon to be 11 year old. But you know what, quite liked them with my watermelon and banana. Might chop up some more tomorrow.

Although am planning on having my oat muffins for breakie tomorrow as don't need my HEB for my lunchtime roll. they were quite nice, but not sure I would make them again. A lot of them stuck to the muffin case that I put them in.

Going to try and rein in dinner tonight. It's just them blooming tacos that I have to try and stay away from. I'll eat lots of the mince mixture and salad and hopefully be satisfied.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • pollyanna24
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Great to see you posting again kathrynha.:)

:T Brilliant loss pollyanna. Well done you!:T

I think they may be from a taco mix so some seem to have syns depending on brand.:)

Have you tried roasting chunks of butternut squash? They have a similar sweet taste to parsnips and they're Speed. :)

I didn't post yesterday as I woke up feeling queasy and didn't have much of an appetite so no menu worth posting. I went through most of the day on just cups of tea. :( Feeling a bit better today but not hugely hungry.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit (free squash), HEB Weetabix with HEA milk, half banana (F)
    L: cold chicken (P) with fried potato (F) veg and pickles (S)
    D: baked salmon (P) with SW chips (F) cauli steak, tomatoes and broccoli (S)
    Syns: None

On WW, I used to have butternut squash chips because they were "free." Might do the same again as I did quite like them.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :D
    Maman glad you are feeling a bit better x
    Klew do you like tomato soup?
    Curly tat is a fab idea, i dont have the plastic milk cartons though:(
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • debtfreeforlife
    Options
    Evening all! Your meals for today all look delicious. I've been full of cold the last few days so picked up a tomato soup from S@insbobs yesterday for dinner (2 syns). I've made it in the past by just roasting cherry tomatoes and blitzing those until smooth with some basil, but struggling to get back into cooking.

Have been reading through the entry posts for this thread and particularly not just picking the bits of SW that suit me - I've definitely been doing that for a while. I'm also struggling to remember the last time I consistently prepared and ate three meals a day for more than a few days in a row as opposed to buying ready made lunches/dinner or skipping entirely to replace with snacks. So I'm going to focus on just doing that for the rest of September. When I'm consistently doing that, I'm going to start counting syns again. I'm hoping that by focusing on making small habit changes with a larger goal of getting fully on plan, I'll be able to sustain the change.

In light of that, today's meals were:
    - Homemade muesli (no added sugar)
    - Vegan quorn sandwich with lettuce and cucumber
    - Mushroom and broccoli tikka masala
    - Snacks: orange, peppers, cucumber, 1 ginger biscuit
  • sarymclary
    Options
    Evening all.

This talk of soup is making me fancy it! Think I will dig out some recipes to do in the coming weeks. I do fancy getting a soup maker too.

Maman I felt super queasy at the end of work today, and didn’t think I would eat, but it did ease off by 9pm sonhad some chicken & salad. Very odd as came out of nowhere. Hope you feel better now.

Plan today:
    B - muller light classic battenberg cake yog (2?) & banana
    L - tomato pasta with mixed salad & dressing (2)
    Snack - strawberries, mango & a plum
    D - 2 chicken thighs, mixed salad & dressing (1)

I got the muller yogurts free with SW products in Iceland but really hoping they aren’t more than 2 syns a pot as I’m not used to many syns for yogs. They are fat free and no added sugar if that helps?

Last day on work tomorrow then long weekend off and more garden labour to come. Weather looks to be good too :j
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
  • poundsinbucks
    Options
    Sary you will be pleased to know the Battenburg Muller is only 0.5 syns :D.

Pleased to report a 2lbs loss after WI today. Went back to basics after my 1lb gain last week, wrote down everything which really helped me focus and keep track. Very happy to keep going, having lost 4st 9.5lbs now, I think I would like to get to a 6st loss and see how I feel.

Now the weather has turned a bit colder, I can’t really walk the dog in just my t-shirt and was looking for a long sleeved top in my wardrobe. Might have to get some interim things, as the size 20s are now hanging off me! :rotfl: Same with jeans, I have been wearing them with a belt, but would be nice to get some that fit properly ;).

Good to read about ideas for soups. Will be getting stuck in once I have a bit more time. Taking DD to Cardiff tomorrow, and DS will go back to uni as well in a few weeks, so should have some more time once the house has been put back in order ;).

Keep plodding everyone, all small steps help!

Poundsinbucks x :D
    🥳🥳 SW -6st 3.5lbs 🥳🥳
  • beanielou
    Options
    Great loss poundsinbucks :j :j

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure