Autumn Slimming World Support Thread 2019

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Penny, sorry to hear about your husband and mum, take care of yourself too x
    Now you can see why its important to write down as like you say gobsmacked already on 21 1/2 syns for today.
    I and many others only ever have 1 hexa, i rarely have hexb either

I think it's a good idea to keep the 'new' extra HEA as bit of leeway in case you go over on milk in drinks or whatever. Most of us who aren't new to SW are used to just one so it's not a problem.

I agree with writing everything down and if it's on here as well you'll get feedback. :)
  • debtfreeforlife
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your husband and mum Penny:( Sending you lots of best wishes.

I need to get into the habit of checking this thread regularly - I spend enough time on the internet that I can definitely do so! I've been away this weekend and off plan, but back on it today. Over the weekend I decided to think about how I can make sure I'm getting all the nutrients I need as a dairy-light vegetarian (most of my meals are vegan). I've decided that the easiest way to stick to SW is to go back to having sandwiches for lunch every day. It uses up my HexB, but I LIKE sandwiches and I think it's the only way to make the plan sustainable for me. So tonight I am experimenting with chia seeds in dairy free milk as no dairy free yoghurt in the house for breakfast - I got back too late to get any food in. It's 5 syns but chia seeds are hugely healthy and won't use up my HexB as my current cereal does. There's frozen berries in there too but I suspect I'll need to add a daily banana to make it filling enough. I'm also planning on adding some blackstrap molasses as I need to make sure I'm getting enough iron.

Fingers crossed that this works!
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your husband and mum Penny. Make sure you look after yourself too.

At least you know how many syns you have had as you're writing them down. You can rein it back in over the rest of the week to pull it back - you're only 6.5 syns over for the day.

I've finally totted up my syns from Thursday to Sunday and now have just 12 syns to last until Wednesday - should be OK as only syns planned are 5 for Wednesday night's dinner so 3.5 for Monday and 3.5 for Tuesday if I need them.

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your husband and mum Penny:( Sending you lots of best wishes.

I need to get into the habit of checking this thread regularly - I spend enough time on the internet that I can definitely do so! I've been away this weekend and off plan, but back on it today. Over the weekend I decided to think about how I can make sure I'm getting all the nutrients I need as a dairy-light vegetarian (most of my meals are vegan). I've decided that the easiest way to stick to SW is to go back to having sandwiches for lunch every day. It uses up my HexB, but I LIKE sandwiches and I think it's the only way to make the plan sustainable for me. So tonight I am experimenting with chia seeds in dairy free milk as no dairy free yoghurt in the house for breakfast - I got back too late to get any food in. It's 5 syns but chia seeds are hugely healthy and won't use up my HexB as my current cereal does. There's frozen berries in there too but I suspect I'll need to add a daily banana to make it filling enough. I'm also planning on adding some blackstrap molasses as I need to make sure I'm getting enough iron.

Fingers crossed that this works!

It's great to have a plan! :)

When I started SW a sandwich lunch always suited me best but I was always worried it wouldn't be enough. I made a pot of pasta salad to help fill me up otherwise I was likely to want crisps and didn't want to waste the syns. My favourite was pasta with roasted veg and red kidney beans.

Adding a banana to berries and yogurt for breakfast is fine provided you're having plenty of Speed in the rest of the day.

Good to see you posting. :)

You'll be fine with those syns Denise . We're so used to reining in after a weekend. My meal plan for the next 3 days is syn free. :D
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm creeping in the door and sitting in a corner at the back of this group. Lovely to see some familiar faces here.

Been a while since I've been in here. Life kind of took over, and I wasn't coping too well. Given up going to SW group, as the weekly weigh in and meal planning, counting syns etc were just extra stresses I couldn't cope with.

Bit of an update on my life for those that have been here ages:
    My physical health is all going okay. Regular scans still, but results are okay.
    Hubby is getting worse. Very forgetful and getting slower. In and out of temporary jobs.
    Daughter is really struggling. Dislocating multiple joints every day, lots of nose bleeds and quite a bit of pain.
    On a positive hubby and daughter have both been referred as a pair to the EDS diagnosis centre, and the referral has been accepted. This is a big step as the diagnosis centre reject a lot of referrals.
    As a result of above I have been struggling with my mental health. Depression, stress, anxiety. However my doctor is really good and my mum is really helping.

Needless to say I have gained some weight. No idea how much, as not been on scales, and don't really want the pressure of the scales at the moment.
    I do however want to try and get back to healthy eating and losing weight.
    Not ready to rejoin SW and not wanting the hassle of writing food diaries, but trying to follow the SW principles regarding speed and free foods.
    Will be meal planning, but not in as much detail as I perhaps should.

I think I will get fully back to SW at some point, but hopefully you lot will accept me in here as I try.
    Zebras rock
  • Matron_Midge
    Options
    Lovely to see the new thread and that Kathryn and Tweets have popped back.
    I'm still treading water. Got my weigh in on Friday and I'm really hoping I've lost because I have tracked everything in my PON journal and although I ended the week on 126 syns there were several days that I only had 1 Hea.
    My plan today is
    Hea milk
    Heb promise roll (love them)

B yogurt and banana
    L tuna mayo (2) and salad in promise roll, very large orange
    D sw chicken tikka (packed with onion, courgette and peppers that I grill on my George foreman before adding) served with rice. Might have a bit of mango chutney but that will be extra syns so we will see.

Pouring down here so the dogs will have to wait for their body magic. I'm giving the kitchen a good scrub whilst the chicken marinades and I have a huge pile of ironing to get through - probably with last nights Sanditon on the telly.
    Have a good day everyone.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome back Kathrynha. Of course you're welcome and definitely no need to sit in the corner at the back!

You know you can join in as much or as little as want.

Glad to hear that life is a little easier now although still very difficult. It's no wonder you have been stressed, depressed and anxious. It's good that you have a good and understanding doctor.

Let's hope that the referrals for your DH and DD work out for the good.

Maman - I've even managed to find an extra 2 Syns:D - the chorizo is only 3 Syns each not 5! So now 14 syns so doesn't feel quite as bad. It's also wet and miserable today so unlikely to want to eat an ice lolly:rotfl: so won't be wasting 4 syns on one of those!

Today's plan:

B - scrambled eggs on toast HEB & P
    L - jacket potato F, cottage cheese P; salad - lettuce, tomato, cucumber, spring onions all S, pickled onions & beetroot S; balsamic vinegar to dress F
    D - Spanish rice - rice F, chicken P, chorizo 3, onions & garlic S; followed by strawberries S & quark P, mini meringue 1 (this was originally going to be Wednesday's dinner but plans changed!)

HEA - milk about 100 mls; may also have a little grated cheese on top the cottage cheese
    HEB - bread
    Syns - chorizo 3; mini meringue 1

Denise
  • Vegastare
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    When did you get to target?
    I will try to pop you on to the list!

First June 2018 then mid Aug this year...lost another 2 end Aug when weighed did post but as Chris not around didn't highlight.

Just want to try and maintain and then after my hols might try and push another few lbs(that's the plan:rotfl::rotfl:) but we all know things can go array....Thanks Beanie

Take care Penny

Have a good week everyone
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Vegastare wrote: »
    First June 2018 then mid Aug this year...lost another 2 end Aug when weighed did post but as Chris not around didn't highlight.

Just want to try and maintain and then after my hols might try and push another few lbs(that's the plan:rotfl::rotfl:) but we all know things can go array....Thanks Beanie

Take care Penny

Have a good week everyone

Have added you now :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    kathrynha~~always good to see you :)
    Sounds like life has been sending you lots of curve balls.
    Keep plodding :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure