When you're in a "Debt hole"..Stop Digging!

Options

Comments

• *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to hear things are tough. How did interview go? Really hoping things pick up for you x
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Chrisblue1962
    Options
    Well, survived Christmas, had a nice time and managed to do so within our budget :)

Will also finish month within budget (just...)

OH now has job so we can start rebuilding our lives...just hope I don't lose mine!

Will update more frequently in future, its just that things have been 1000% hectic..

BFN fellow DFW'ers
    DFW'er - Lightbulb moment : 31st July 2009 - £18,499
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.
    Demolishing my House of Debt.. one brick at a time!! :)
    Thinking of spending???..YNAB says "NO!!!!"

• Chrisblue1962
    Options
    Payday on Friday. :j

Have survived by skin of teeth and some prudent / sensible money management. More optimistic about future now OH working but I think it will take 2 or 3 months just to "get out of the woods" and start rebuilding our lives.:)

BFN Fellow DFW'ers
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.

• Chrisblue1962
    Options
    Well, got paid today and looks as if all bases are covered for coming month - which makes a nice change! :D

Will have a modest amount of spare cash so will be able to sleep slightly easier. It may take 3 - 6 months for us to get even but as least our financial boat is now making tentative and slow progress and not sinking.
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.

• Chrisblue1962
    Options
    Off today and looks as if all bases are covered until end of financial month (15th) :j

Amount of spare cash at moment is miniscule but at least monthly budgets are starting to settle down. It may still take 3 - 6 months for us to get even but as least our financial boat is now making tentative and slow progress and not sinking.

Am going to declare war on my sheds - I have two you see :D and "liberate" anything that is not essential, which may start to funds to the pot so to speak.

Slow but sure progress being made but it's a marathon not a sprint.

Bye for now fellow DFW'ers.:wave:
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.

• Hi there,

I hope you dont mind me replying but ive been searching the site for some success stories regarding Nationwide. I have an £800 OD & £1800 CC with them. CCCS have offerred them £7.50 approx, but they are asking for £10. CCCS wont make another offer & im concerned that because of a few pounds that they will continue charging interest. Can I ask how you have found dealing with Nationwide?
  • Chrisblue1962
    Options
    Hi Nervious Debt Wanabie

Many thanks for you thread / question.

Nationwide...mmmm. They have't been bad as I try to not speak to them unless absolutely necessary :).

Nationwide BS used to be really good but are now a shadow of their former selves and are basically no better than the main banks.

They gave me a £4,500.00 overdraft limit, which I used because I needed to (long story...) but then 2 years ago arbitarily cut the o/d limit by £2,300.00 at a stroke and wondered why I got upset when they started hitting me with "over o/d limit" charges :mad:.

On the debt repayment they can sometimes be a bit awkward and try to "up the ante" when it comes to DMP payments.... don't they all? :rotfl: I have found that they do listen to CCCS though and have frozen interest & charges but keep them informed, otherwise they'll came back to you with avengance.

Good Luck, you can'y give them what you haven't got!:)
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.

• Chrisblue1962
    Chrisblue1962 Posts: 1,203 Forumite
    Options
    Next get paid 15th March and glad to say will probNext month ably stay within budget :)

Next month will be tight as Gas / Electricity DD goes up to £218.00 / month :eek: due to high winter usage and low payments when we were absolutely broke...

Still, prudent management and being sensible will see us the hrough

The main problem I / we are having is keeping on top of small bits n bobs everyday purchases which all add up over the month. Any ideas???
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.

• Chrisblue1962
    Options
    Get paid Tuesday and will just manage to stay in the black...

Next month going to be very very tough due to increases in oetrol, gas and electrcity

Have one or two niggling small debts which I need to get rid of asap!

Plus, Barclaycard want £5.00 per month which is manageable but got letter from KPR (aka Nationwide) and they're going to want their pound of flesh...nowt to give them :(.

Time to put thinking cap on....
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.

• Chrisblue1962
    Options
    Payday has come and gone, along with most of my bank account:rotfl:.

Monthly budget indicates will have enough to cope with this month and got £40.00 more than I expected :T - some overtime I did ages ago but hadn't been processed by Payroll dept, so that will ease things.

On the bad side, Co-operative Bank after more than nominal payment I'm making them and want an SoA from me. Unfortunately, car insurance due for renewal in April and quote from exsting insurer means will go up to about £75.00/month :eek:. This, coupled with fuel, power and petrol increases will leave practically nothing for any DMP and may result in creditors looking for more drastic action - CCJ, Charging Order, Baillifs?

KPR strongly hinted at a Charging Order to recover about £2500.00 that I owe Nationwide (old overdraft) and now Co-operative Bank have started to make threatening noises too.

Will CCCS allow me to back onto a new DMP because last one ended in December 2010 as a change in circumstances meant I couldn't pay DMP?
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport