Bulb Energy Reviews: Give your feedback on the energy supplier

Options

Comments

• GingerFurball_2
    Options
    Switched yesterday, was pleasantly surprised that a renewable company was so high up in the cheapest tariffs list.
    DEBT FREE!

Debt free by Xmas 2014: £3555.67/£4805.67 (73.99%)
    Debt free by Xmas 2015: £1250/£1250 (100.00%)
  • The_Reaper
    The_Reaper Posts: 380 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Can bulb energy supply an economy 7 meter on a single rate (adding the two readings) ?
  • The_Reaper
    The_Reaper Posts: 380 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    And if so, is anyone offering a referral split?
  • Will_at_Bulb
    Will_at_Bulb Posts: 60 Organisation Representative
    Options
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Can bulb energy supply an economy 7 meter on a single rate (adding the two readings) ?

Yep, we can. Just drop us an email after you've signed up to let us know that you'd like to be on a single rate.
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Bulb. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • benj111
    benj111 Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Been with bulb for nearly 2 months now.

Moved away from Ecotricity and I think I did it at the right time. we had problems getting the final bill as they went over to paperless billing but removed our access to the account?! and had some issues with the closing bill, but Ecotricity were absolutely useless, it was Bulb doing all the leg work, sorting it out. +1 for their customer service.

On top of that they were the second cheapest supplier (overall) 2nd only to solarplicity (new name for dodgy supplier, didn't want to take the risk) but within a week had dropped their rates so the were the cheapest anyway!

I was a bit dubious of the monthly payment in advance, I'd much rather send a meter reading and get a bill back but it seems to be working ok in practise, and looking at Bulb's forums, Bulb seem to be ok with paying money back when you have a decent balance so we will see.

After reading this thread though I am a bit peeved that I missed out on the choc chocs though:(. The world would be a better place if all utilities sent their new customers chocolates.
  • lilypoopoo60
    Options
    Hi - would like to switch to Bulb from British gas, I have their smart meter and couldn't join Scottish power because of that. How do I stand with Bulb in respect of the meter and I also have solar panels which I pay for monthly Via electric bill.......would either of these be a problem. I do hope not having read the bulb reviews and the savings I could make!
  • Bez3000
    Options
    Currently with British Gas and looking at alternative options after today's price increase announcements. A renewable energy provider would be our preference and so Bulb is a consideration. I'm happy to have found this thread because the other reviews I'd found weren't to be trusted. TrustPilot is full of people rating 5 stars and then pushing their own £50 referral codes, which undermines every review on the site. I imagine Bulb are inviting this type of review which is bad practice in my eyes. Ideally looking for a fixed rate deal so will have to keep an eye on Bulbs offers to see what's available. Thanks to everyone who's posted their thoughts in this thread so far. It's appreciated. :)
  • mrspixie_2
    mrspixie_2 Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just applied to switch to Bulb. Hope all goes well, switching from British Gas who I have been with for 9 years.
    This is my first ever switch :)
  • Will_at_Bulb
    Will_at_Bulb Posts: 60 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi - would like to switch to Bulb from British gas, I have their smart meter and couldn't join Scottish power because of that. How do I stand with Bulb in respect of the meter and I also have solar panels which I pay for monthly Via electric bill.......would either of these be a problem. I do hope not having read the bulb reviews and the savings I could make!

You can absolutely join us with a BG smart meter, but it will work as a normal meter. We can't read it remotely yet. Most suppliers can't read other suppliers smart meters at the moment, which is why we're waiting until the second generation of smart meters comes out in January without this limitation before we roll out ours.

We don't have a feed in tariff for your solar panels at the moment, so these will have to stay with your current supplier for now I'm afraid. It won't cause any problems for your elecricity and gas to move without it though.
    Bez3000 wrote: »
    TrustPilot is full of people rating 5 stars and then pushing their own £50 referral codes, which undermines every review on the site. I imagine Bulb are inviting this type of review which is bad practice in my eyes. Ideally looking for a fixed rate deal so will have to keep an eye on Bulbs offers to see what's available. Thanks to everyone who's posted their thoughts in this thread so far. It's appreciated. :)

We don't ask or encourage people to share their link on Trustpilot, they just do it themselves. when we do ask members to review us, most of those reviews don't have a link in them. We usually invite members to review us about once a month, the last batch being on the 25th of July, so try taking a look at reviews from them if you want to see reviews with out links in :)

We'll never have a fixed tariff. We only have one variable tariff. And since we use this tariff for acquisition you can be sure that we won't unfairly increase it. We're infact pretty astounded that BG felt the need to increase theirs as energy prices have come down a lot this year.
    mrspixie wrote: »
    I've just applied to switch to Bulb. Hope all goes well, switching from British Gas who I have been with for 9 years.
    This is my first ever switch :)

Woop woop. Great work switching :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Bulb. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • sabsharpe
    sabsharpe Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been an energy tart since they started competing against each other and giving cash back.

Never ventured outside the big 6 due to poor feedback... Until NOW!!!

I found Bulb on Martin's Cheap Energy Club. Not at the top of the list BUT after paying back £60 Exit fees and £50 credit for joining using someone's referral link that made them no.1

Asked a few questions via web chat which they answered well and booked my switch.

21 days later on the exact day they said I would the switch happened.

Few problems with ex supplier SSE but perfect transfer to Bulb.

I've now got around £250 of credit from my referral link and hopefully more coming.

Their web site is superb. Simple, fast, looks good. You can web chat them and you usually get an intelligent helpful response within 5 minutes.

So far they get the full 10/10 from me (and I am hard to please)!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback