Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Options

Comments

• purpleroad
    Options
    martinjo wrote: »
    what package are you on for £40?
    is that including line rental?

Just internet. Shall I just cancel at end of contract and wait for them to call me and offer a better deal? if I do actually cancel, who offers a better deal? BT ?
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    for 38Mb fibre

vodaphone, £25 month, ending next week.

talktalk £25 month

(about £27 after install costs)
  • vacheron
    vacheron Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    purpleroad wrote: »
    Just internet. Shall I just cancel at end of contract and wait for them to call me and offer a better deal? if I do actually cancel, who offers a better deal? BT ?

Just apply for the bt deal and wait for virgin to discover from them you're moving your number. Then they'll all you on the assumption that you're moving.

Then if they offer you a decent deal, cancel BT using the 14 day cooling off period.

Edit: just realised that you're internet only, may not work in that case. :(
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
  • fryster2006
    Options
    Have done as above, will be very happy if I get the same. Virgin cancelled and BT order in, will let you know how I get on!
  • jehangir
    jehangir Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    A bit of advice please .

Currently out of contract from Virgin broadband ( £41 which goes up £3 in november ) and looking for a cheaper deal .

I phoned and said I was looking to leave have got it down to £33 a month for 50gig + phone line + weekend calls ( which I never
    use ) fixed for 12 months.

Relistically what price should I hold out for , I have seen then offer 50gig + phone line + Tivo for £32 for new customers .

Not fussed about Tivo box ( prefer a cheaper deal without it ) ,

any advice would be much appreciated .
    J
  • cambb
    cambb Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've gave my 30 days notice on Friday. I'm paying £38 but for 100gb BB.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    33 sounds a reasonable deal to me.

Especially when it avoids dealing with a new useless supplier

Allthough I think someone was offered £21 which is bonkers
  • abster_2
    Options
    I'm wondering about ringing to try haggle with VM as currently paying £45.95/month (due to go up I think by a fiver) for Vivid 200 BB (v fast and reliable ish granted) v basic TV and TiVo box and line rental (talk weekends). I don't need my lline (but Think I have to keep it?! gonna ring to check) and am happy with basic TV and TV box, but I just feel like its getting too expensive.

Been loyal customer for yrs, Tempted to switch to SKy or BT but I know that they do not have as fast BB!! Do you think if I ring to haggle they will not budge on cost because of this? That they will say ahhh but BT/SKY price cheaper but their broadband not half as fast therefore-- not comparing like with like- I don't know if I can justify cost tho... Its so unfair that new virgin customers get much cheaper (like 15 month cheaper). :/:(
  • jatinmistry_uk
    Options
    I have now rec'd the contract (see below) but little confused. As per my earlier post, I agreed the deal @ £21 per month for 12 month contract for 50MB ineternet + Anytime Calls + Line Rental. But looking at the contract it says I'll be paying £2 for the 12 months period and then £45 per month?

I do not want to contact Virgin if this is error :cool:

You bought:
    Fibre Broadband
    T VIVID 50
    Virgin Phone
    T Talk More Anytime T Line Rental
    T Perm No Conceal (1470) T Loyalty Customer
    T CallDispl
    Promotional Offer(s)
    T Loyalty Discount £8 per month for
    18 months
    T 12 Month Discount
    T 12 Month Line Rental Saver
    Your monthly service cost
    Your monthly service charge
    (During promotional offer) £2.00
    Your monthly service charge
    (After promotional offer) £48.00
    T Loyalty Customer*
    Other items & charges (these charges will appear on your first bill) £0.00
  • mikeizz
    Options
    I have Virgin Broadband 50mb which i pay £25 (£40 broadband but with £15 credit every month which i took out in March.

My sky tv package just ended so cancelled and asked Virgin what they could offer me

They offered me

Tv Mix with V6 Box
    100mb Broadband
    Talk weekend
    £39 a month

But due to having a monthly £15 credit would make the above package £24 a month until March and then £39 a month for remainder of contract.

I was pretty happy with that as over a year works out at £31.50 a month.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback