Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Beanie, look at your list of negatives and think about how many of them you can do something about. You can do something about diet and budgeting but the rest are out of your hands. You're NOT a bad mum and you've got some good friends - more positives.

Plus - when Mr SA was so ill and things were looking bleak, you kept telling me to keep plodding, which I did. You've no idea how those two words kept me going.

Plus you cheered me up when I was feeling down with my broken ankle.

And I'm not the only one you've kept plodding :)

Thank you :A xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    So many good things have been said about you beanie, and it's all true :).

Keep plodding is such a good phrase, sometimes it just sums up life.

You sound a bit more cheerful today which I'm really pleased about :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Beanie I'm so sorry you feel so down. Life just ain't fair some good kind folk have more than their fair share to deal with.

I would miss you terribly if you vanish from here - who else would tell me to keep plodding the way you do.

I'm sorry your mum is poorly - such a worrying time for you.

Give yourself permission to rest and relax - none of us are superwoman - it's hard when we have to accept we can't always do the things we used to - something I'm not good at.....

But please stay on the boards and if it's a negative post - that's as it is - and your virtual friends can listen and maybe offer pearls of wisdom as you do to us.

Hang on in there and be kind to yourself as you are to us :A:A
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Thank you so much Milan :A :A
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You need to fake it until you feel it beanie.

Write down a list of positive things about yourself and your life, and then read it out to yourself every day. Eventually you will believe it.

If you can't think of anything nice about yourself then ask a family member/friend/us. They will be able to think of LOTS of things :).

Don't be so hard on yourself :naughty:

Beanie, there have been some wonderful posts since Hairy Hand wrote the above, and I quoted one but then deleted it, because everyone's been brilliant. Really, you can do it. Go for this - I *know* its a worrying time, and a bad time, and if your hands hurt (like mine do, from arthritis) then use a tape recorder, or the microphone on your camera or your phone or anything, but set up "alternative" input, input that's positive, to counter those painful statements you make about yourself :kisses3:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Beanie lovely :kiss:

What Karmacat said.. perfectly put. You should know you’re very special and we value you hugely on here. You contribute so much to our wellbeing, thank you. Look after yourself and don’t give yourself a hard time. You’re doing great. Just seen your first post again on this Diary..look how far you have come.

All my love

Brizzle x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • beanielou
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Hi Beanie lovely :kiss:

What Karmacat said.. perfectly put. You should know you’re very special and we value you hugely on here. You contribute so much to our wellbeing, thank you. Look after yourself and don’t give yourself a hard time. You’re doing great. Just seen your first post again on this Diary..look how far you have come.

All my love

Brizzle x

Thank you so much dear Brizzle xxx

• beanielou
    Options
    Lots of snow here overnight & still falling thick and fast.
    Some local schools have been closed.
    So best boys appointment at the vet has had to be cancelled.
    It is what it is.

• fiona100
    fiona100 Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just received my mortgage annual statement.:j My bank is not happy. You and others like you on this forum have led me to pay off far more than they want me to..:money:

For me and lots of us the word Inspiration should be shouted about YOU in letters 50 feet tall and from the rooftops!:A

Thank you

fiona100
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope you are warm and cozy and not out in the white stuff - looks dire on TVs. Pleased to say there is none of it here. Tv and cat cuddle day on the cards?

Hope you are using kind thoughts and words to yourself - exactly as you do to us ;)
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure