Keeping up appearances.......

Options

Comments

• HappyNow
    HappyNow Posts: 1,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well date night was lovely and I DID enjoy that wine. It felt all the more special after a few days without. Bit sad though because it was dark at 8:30 which means summer is on its way out.
    I'm not even going to write a target update for yesterday because I failed four out of the six! Back on the horse today though.

Zero alcohol - Ticky

Maximum of 1400 calories per day, to include 5 x fruit and veg and just one sweet treat.
    1432 calories eaten which is near enough for me. Five x F & V eaten, and a sweet treat of a Boost bar.

Six glasses of water per day I actually had EIGHT glasses today due to extreme gardening in extreme heat.

Daily dog walk at a fast pace Done with a friend as per my Sunday routine, and we went at 8 am before it got too hot for doggy feet.

No looking at my phone in bed or after 11 pm. Bedtime now and I won't peep at the phone. This has actually been the hardest target.

No money wasting. Balance YNAB daily. No spends at all, YNAB up to date.
    LBM Dec 2011. Aimed, but failed, to clear all unsecured debt by Feb 2019. Finally free of unsecured debt 21st May 21!

Debt Dec 11: Unsecured £69,579 + Mortgage £59,948 = £129,527
    Debt May 21: Unsecured ZERO! ZILCH! Mortgage £22,332
  • Dolphin1
    Dolphin1 Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 August 2019 at 8:54AM
    Options
    Elnora32 wrote: »
    Dolphin, two out of three ain’t bad – well done on the lights out and walking. Hope you hit all targets today.

I haven't been on here for the last few days but I have been so busy I'm fairly certain I have met my walking target and it has been so hot I have definitely met my water drinking target. Don't need to worry about the getting to sleep early target on a weekend but will need to be back on it tonight for the early start in the morning.

Well done HappyNow for getting back on your targets on Sunday. It would have been very easy to write off the whole weekend.
  • HappyNow
    Options
    Dolphin1 wrote: »
    Well done HappyNow for getting back on your targets on Sunday. It would have been very easy to write off the whole weekend.

Erm..... today has been a total write-off Dolphin! It started well enough, but then Mr H suggested a cold beer on the lawn because it was too hot to dig. One beer led to a second. Actually I don't mind the alcohol in them so much because I don't find beer 'more-ish' - it's only wine that does that to me. It was more the calories that were the problem. Then Master Happy and his GF ordered a take-away and asked if we wanted one too. I tried SO hard to say no, but it came out as yes. I hope you fared better than me, but if you didn't then I hope you enjoyed it :)

Ah well, it IS a bank holiday. Tomorrow I am ON IT!!

Honey - if you're around I hope you've had a good weekend and that the croquet was a success. I daresay it was in this weather.

SSG and Elnora - hope your weekends were good too and you haven't let things slide as badly as me!
    LBM Dec 2011. Aimed, but failed, to clear all unsecured debt by Feb 2019. Finally free of unsecured debt 21st May 21!

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Total disaster. I was too tired to post yesterday, and I was locked out of the house this morning after Layla's normal dog walk. Our neighbour was kindness itself, and let both the dog and me to their house while waiting for OH to get home to unlock the front door but made me two cups of coffee while waiting. I normally drink decaff coffee, and I'm now completely spinning out of control because not only does the neighbour drink rocket fuel coffee, she also makes it by pouring boiling water onto the rocket fuel. It will be a good 18 hours before my nervous system is anywhere close to normal. I'll be back tomorrow.
    Better is good enough.
  • Elnora32
    Elnora32 Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on the flying. The routines seem to fall into place once you get going with them.
    That's what I'm hoping for but I've only completed one day so far, so I have a fair way to go until it is a routine.

Dolphin - great that you've continued to meet your targets. I know what you mean about drinking water in this heat - I seem to have drunk loads.
    Erm..... today has been a total write-off Dolphin! It started well enough, but then Mr H suggested a cold beer on the lawn because it was too hot to dig. One beer led to a second... Then Master Happy and his GF ordered a take-away and asked if we wanted one too. I tried SO hard to say no, but it came out as yes.
    Nice weather on a Bank Holiday is rare so it's best to take advantage of it when it does. Hope you've achieved your targets today.

Honey Bear - you have great neighbours. Hope the caffeine hit is wearing off - tomorrow is a new day.

Not 100% for me today

[FONT=&quot]Exercise – yes[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Flying – no as the house looked OK and it was too hot! I will struggle with this target as there is always something more interesting to do.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Feet – yes[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
  • HappyNow
    Options
    Nice weather on a Bank Holiday is rare so it's best to take advantage of it when it does. Hope you've achieved your targets today. [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    Absolutely. But no, I haven't...... :cool:
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Total disaster. I was too tired to post yesterday, and I was locked out of the house this morning after Layla's normal dog walk. Our neighbour was kindness itself, and let both the dog and me to their house while waiting for OH to get home to unlock the front door but made me two cups of coffee while waiting. I normally drink decaff coffee, and I'm now completely spinning out of control because not only does the neighbour drink rocket fuel coffee, she also makes it by pouring boiling water onto the rocket fuel. It will be a good 18 hours before my nervous system is anywhere close to normal. I'll be back tomorrow.
    Caffeine is quite the drug. Hope your come-down wasn't too awful!

• HappyNow
    Options
    Now, where's that embarrassed smiley.....? Best add a few .:o:o:o

Zero alcohol - Fail. Today I met up with my oldest and dearest friend, who I don't see anywhere near often enough. We went for lunch at the local 'Spoons, where our menu choices included a drink. We both opted for white wine, after which we ordered another bottle. We spent a lovely afternoon in the sunshine catching up and getting a bit giggly.

Maximum of 1400 calories per day, to include 5 x fruit and veg and just one sweet treat.
    Absolutely no idea, but I'm sure it was a lot more than 1400 calories. Like, a serious amount more. The only F & V was a bit of sald with my veggie burger. No sweet treat though.

Six glasses of water per day Nope, not even this easy one.
    Daily dog walk at a fast pace The dogs got their walk, but not with me. I was too busy sitting outside a pub eating and drinking too much :D

No looking at my phone in bed or after 11 pm. Managed it last night and tonight is looking hopeful too.

No money wasting. Balance YNAB daily. That old phrase 'a moment enjoyed is never wasted' comes to mind, and I'm slightly amending it to add 'and a pound enjoyed isn't wasted either'. It was a lovely day, so although I spent a few quid it was excellent value for money.

So, nice day, shame about the targets!

• Dolphin1
    Dolphin1 Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all :wave:

Sorry I didn't make it on yesterday. So the early night on Monday didn't quite go to plan. I was in bed by 10pm and light out by 10.30pm but then OH was ill during the night so not much sleep was had. Made up for it last night though. Not sure on the targets, I'll try and keep track again from today.

Honey Bear - I know what you mean about the caffeine especially when you are not used to it any more. I gave it up years ago because if I had a day without it I would get a withdrawal headache so it was easier just to avoid it altogether.

HappyNow - It sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday so it was worth missing a few targets.

Hope everything is going ok Seasidegal and Elnora.
  • Elnora32
    Elnora32 Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    Zero alcohol - Fail. Today I met up with my oldest and dearest friend, who I don't see anywhere near often enough. We went for lunch at the local 'Spoons, where our menu choices included a drink. We both opted for white wine, after which we ordered another bottle. We spent a lovely afternoon in the sunshine catching up and getting a bit giggly.
    This is the best reason to fail a target. Always good to have a catch up and a giggle.
    Six glasses of water per day Nope, not even this easy one.
    I'll help you out - there's water in wine ;)

Dolphin - yes, all OK with me, thanks. I hope your OH is feeling better now. I'm sure you're back on the case with the targets.

Honey Bear - I hope everything is going well for you.

Met all targets today but couldn't fail really as I've got in to a routine with the exercises and I baked today so did the Flying while waiting for the buns to bake.
  • HappyNow
    Options
    Dolphin1 wrote: »
    So the early night on Monday didn't quite go to plan. I was in bed by 10pm and light out by 10.30pm but then OH was ill during the night so not much sleep was had. Made up for it last night though. Not sure on the targets, I'll try and keep track again from today.

Honey Bear - I know what you mean about the caffeine especially when you are not used to it any more. I gave it up years ago because if I had a day without it I would get a withdrawal headache so it was easier just to avoid it altogether.
    I hope OH is fully mended now Dolphin. If not, bung him in the spare room, you need your sleep :D

Funny stuff, caffeine. I have one coffee every morning without fail, then I don't even think about it for the rest of the day. No cravings, nothing. But around 9 am the next day I'm really ready for my next daily dose. Maybe it's not actually the caffeine, maybe it's more that I sit down and relax while I drink it. Whatever reason, I'd really miss that one cup.
    I'll help you out - there's water in wine ;)

Met all targets today but couldn't fail really as I've got in to a routine with the exercises and I baked today so did the Flying while waiting for the buns to bake.
    Oooh, thanks for the info about the water in wine. I suppose that means there's water in tea and fizzy pop too? These targets are easy!

Home made buns, go you. I might get the Bero book out and see if I can set Mr H off on that one now he's mastered scones. Chocolate ones I think......

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport