PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2019 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• elsiepac
    elsiepac Posts: 2,561 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 October 2019 at 8:25PM
    Options
    I'm in for £250.

Current planning (although this is subject to change) indicates a ~£50 stock up shop which includes replenishing
    • Tinned tomatoes and passata
    • 8 spices/spice mixes
    • Other stores including jarred roasted peppers, baked beans, siken tofu, mustards and coconut milk
    • Various tinned beans
    • Toothpaste
    • Loo cleaner
    • Kitchen rolls
    • Dishwasher tablets
    • Laundry tablets

I also need to spend ~£30 on 2 medicinal items that I'm on my last ones of that aren't prescription.

This leaves me ~£170 for the month, which is a 32 day-er, so £37 a week or £5.30 a day.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old Style, Crafting and Techie Stuff boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    GC: May 22 £tbc/£250 Vegan 27-8-13
  • Crowdpleaser
    Crowdpleaser Posts: 1,277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you Elsiepac!

I'm going with 325 again please!
    My month goes from 25th october to 22nd November. Includes all food treats cleaning supplies and hamster stuff for 2a 2c and 1 hammy

Xxx
  • thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,668 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you, elsiepac! I can bump my target up to £450 this month, to include all food, toiletries & cleaning stuff for 4 adults (plus guests at weekends) 3 cats, 2 cockatiels, and 12 chickens of varying sizes. It's a 5-week month, and some festive stocking-up is called for, but That Will Have To Do!
    Angie - GC April 24 £532.07/£480 - oops: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread, Elsiepac. Count me “in”, please, with a budget of at least* £120, to cover all groceries - excluding meat and big bulk purchases - for two adults. Our month will run from November 1st to 30th.

- Pip

* As usual, if there is any money left over from October’s budget, I’ll roll it into November’s.
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
  • Vanlady
    Vanlady Posts: 148 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Please count me in again Elsiepac.
    £210 and 16 NSD
    (Although I may need to increase it depending on Oct challenge outcome).
    That's for 3 adults, but quite a often 2 and occasionally 4. (2 small eaters and 1 greedy oink).
    For all food plus toiletries for 2 ( dd buys her own) and cleaning stuff.
    The fluffy princess has her food bought from the vets so is from a different (probably larger:p) budget.
  • elsiepac
    elsiepac Posts: 2,561 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Was just doing some recalculation and realised I had it slightly wrong, plus shaved a bit off my stock replenishing - so actual figures are:

£250 total
    £75 for stock plus the medical items
    Remaining £175 over 5 weeks = £35 per week exactly

Now to stick to it!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old Style, Crafting and Techie Stuff boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    GC: May 22 £tbc/£250 Vegan 27-8-13
  • jam2019
    jam2019 Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Please count me in - going with £40 again for November
    Grocery Challenge
    2020: £739.83 / £880
    2019: £166.20 / £220
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm in! ;)

I'm trying to eat out of the cupboards and freezer as much as possible this month so I'm expecting some weird and wonderful meals will be had!! :rotfl:

I'm meant to be on an annual budget but to be honest, it's been such a strange year for a multitude of reasons that I've totally lost the plot and have no idea where I am with it anymore! :o
    All I can do is keep everything to the bare minimum until the end of the year then get back to a proper budget for 2020! ;)
  • ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi Please sign me up for£300 again.
    Failed miserably in October.
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    £190 for me please!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts