CSA & overtime?

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• aussiesbird
    Options
    kelloggs36 wrote: »
    Ok - what did the Departures say the reason for not allowing any of it were? Certainly debts which arose from credit cards are specifically excluded, but purchase of furniture should be allowed?
    The reason for refusal of claim was because partner had agreed during divorce to take on the debt.
    I can only please one person per day.
    Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
  • kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't know all the legislation regarding departures but I shall look up what I can find out about this and let you know.
  • kelloggs36
    Options
    I can see why here - the grounds for a departure for this purpose are that he took on the debts BEFORE they were separated and he continued to pay them and they were for the benefit of the family at the time. I presume that he did not pay them until after the divorce settlement?
  • aussiesbird
    Options
    kelloggs36 wrote: »
    I can see why here - the grounds for a departure for this purpose are that he took on the debts BEFORE they were separated and he continued to pay them and they were for the benefit of the family at the time. I presume that he did not pay them until after the divorce settlement?
    The loans were taken out during the marriage and payments were being made upto the seperation and cotinued to be made by my partner after.
    I can only please one person per day.
    Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
  • kelloggs36
    Options
    Mmm, can't see why it was refused just because he agreed to keep paying them! I hope you win the appeal!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure