CSA & overtime?

Options

Comments

• TheWaltons_3
    TheWaltons_3 Posts: 1,203 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with kellogs, I think that they were trying to put most down so at least it is on record her behaviour/contempt mabye?
    I feel so much for you both at this difficult time. I have been through this with my eldest, My ex was constantly texting me and phoning me telling me that my daughter didin't want to see me, But and here's the but, She has no power over the youngest as he's his Dad's boy. I know they tried as he told me, he tells me everything. He also told me that my ex's mother wanted her there with her and was pressuring my daughter.
    This all came out in the end after tears and tantrums, but I always let her know I was there for her whenever She needed me and always would be.

This is the kind of behaviour that we(my family) have to endure from my ex and her so called Friends and family.
    Am I up against it....
    You bet.
    We all have it bad in every way.
    Take care and stick at it, and remember..
    WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

Very true indeed. But you wait a long time for it to 'go around'.
  • repsolblade
    Options
    TheWaltons wrote: »
    Very true indeed. But you wait a long time for it to 'go around'.

4 Years, but boy would I like to be a fly on the wall when she gets her revised CSA payment :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • aussiesbird
    aussiesbird Posts: 287 Forumite
    Options
    UPDATE
    Sent off papers for tribunal today requesting a paper case. I know this will probably go against us, but my partner would not cope at the moment with an oral hearing that he would have to attend, and we cannot afford to pay someone to represent him. His ex stated in the papers that he had only seen his children once in 12 months back in 2003, we have sent all the original paperwork (faxes and emails) which show dates agreed by her for the whole of 2003 and beginning of 2004. Hopefully they will now see that she has lied and will take the appeal more seriously. This appeal was for the variation but I just have a feeling we will not win it. I am glad it has gone this far though if only to prove a point that she is lying about things.

We still haven't heard from her with regard to why partners daughter did not want to visit. We have tried to phone again but no reply. We were hoping to have the children over the summer hols but cannot get in touch with her or the kids to arrange. Partners mum has a date for a visit arranged for this weekend so we will have to see what happens. Partner would go in to see them but is working. He has said he will request half an hour off the road to see them. His work is very good like that, if you explain the situation they will put him on standby for a bit.
    Will keep you posted.
    I can only please one person per day.
    Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
  • kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can you not go instead as his third party rep?
  • aussiesbird
    aussiesbird Posts: 287 Forumite
    Options
    kelloggs36 wrote: »
    Can you not go instead as his third party rep?
    I don't think I would be able to cope either. I have M.E and suffer with servere panic attacks.
    Today is not your day.
  • aussiesbird
    Options
    UPDATE
    My partners Mum had his children for the day today and my partner got the chance to go in to see them. All three were there and he spent about half an hour with them. They all were happy and playfull (hyper!!). When he got a quiet moment he asked his daughter(who wouldn't come to see us last time) if she was okay and if she wanted to talk about why she didn't want to come and see us. She said she was fine and the reason she didn't come was because her Mum made her choose between coming to see us or getting her ears pierced for a second time. She said she couldn't have both!!
    She ended up not having her ears pierced again because when she got there she freaked out at the sight of the needle!
    My argument is that she could of had them done anytime as the kids are on school hols but it is just like her mother to do something like that. The most annoying thing is we have been going through hell trying to think what had upset her and worrying she wouldn't want to come and see us again. We don't blame her at all, it's just another example of an evil minded ex!
    Today is not your day.
  • aussiesbird
    Options
    TRIBUNAL UPDATE
    Had a letter from tribunal today enclosing a copy of a letter from partners ex. In this letter she states that my partner agreed to take on the matrimonial debt at the time of the divorce, which is correct, and that in return she did not get any propotion of his pension. My partner had to pay her £60 per month on top of child maint for 3 years in settlement of the divorce. Surely that was what that was for. She also states that as a result of him going bankrupt he now owes her £12,000! :confused: We have no idea what she is talking about here. She says that my ex gives me a "very substantial" amount of money each month - how would she know? and more to the point what business is it to her? She states that we have a plasma tv and all new kitchen appliances. I was given a large screen tv by my parents as a gift some time ago when they had a windfall on the lottery and since moving into my house 15 years ago I have not replaced any electrical appliances so my partner and I saved for quite a long time so we could replace the cooker and dishwasher and decorate the kitchen, that was it! Why are we having to explain all this to her? If we were sat on a pot of gold I wouldn't mind but this is just bl**dy ridiculous!
    Anyway we have sent a letter off to the tribunal today in response to her remarks but if she keeps responding with lies and more exagerations then this could go on forever, backwards and forwards!!
    Tune in for next instalment!! ;)
    Today is not your day.
  • kelloggs36
    Options
    What were the matrimonial debts in respect of? Does she still have the benefit of what the debt was for? Were any of the debts accrued from credit cards? Her comments about the fact that he gives you money is irrelevant as it does nothing to prove his income, merely what he does with it. What he owes her outside of CSA is totally irrelevant (even if it were true!!) that won't make the blindest bit of difference to how the assessment is worked out. Whether she likes it or not, the tribunal will only be looking at the points raised for the reason for appeal - nothing else. His circumstances other than those needed for the assessment are irrelevant - this appeal isn't one for a lifestyle inconsistent with declared income, so those issues won't be considered.
  • aussiesbird
    Options
    Thanks Kelloggs. The matrimonial debts were for things like a new 3 pc suite and general living expenses, there were credit card debts too (she would buy the weekly shop on credit card). But they lived in furnished rented accomodation, and this is where it gets confusing! They rented the house from my partners grandad who was in a hospice. My partners mother took care of the "landlord" part of things on his behalf. So what furniture they replaced could not be taken with them but I believe they only replaced the suite as my partners mother replaced other things like carpets etc with the rent money they were paying. Anyhow, she left the house and took beds for the kids, nothing else as she moved into a fully furnished house that her new partner owned. She left owing months of rent to my partners mother but my partners mother will not do anything about that as she does not want to upset his ex as she may respond by not letting my partners side of the family see the children. My partners mother also used to send money through to her for the childrens school uniforms but never received so much as a thank you. I am not sure if she still does that or not.
    Today is not your day.
  • kelloggs36
    Options
    Ok - what did the Departures say the reason for not allowing any of it were? Certainly debts which arose from credit cards are specifically excluded, but purchase of furniture should be allowed?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure