PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 21st May 2018

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,000 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mumof2 wrote: »
    Pigpen did I read right in that you've already got some Christmas presents? Very impressive!!

oh yes.. got the first box full in the sales after Christmas. I have 3 boxes full now. I have OH, 12 children, 5 grandbeasts, 2 outlaws, 2 sisters and 2 parents to buy for... before OH starts on his 4 people. I couldnt afford to do it last minute!

Frodders.. glad the appointment was useful and hope the support is in place quickly.. xxx Much love and many hugs xxx

All the clothes packed.. I need to do a shopping list for Friday still, pack the huge spotty bag, sort some toys for Twinkle to take and get my head sorted and neat.. it is still up my derriere. Last minute we need bedding and teddy bears.. shoes, coats. The 3 girls can pack a rucksack each.. if it doesnt fit in there, they cant take it! OH wants the xbox and switch too... child!! and our laptops... chargers and a hair brush. I hate packing it takes forever!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 May 2018 at 10:05PM
    Options
    ionafan wrote: »
    Have you got the recipe, please?

Just letting you know I have seen this and I am on the case x

Frodders - hugs for you - and coping vibes and strength x
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Options
    (((Hugs))) Frodders. Your mother must be so frightened. Good on you for getting so much organised for her so quickly, although I realise it feels as though it's moving at snail pace at the moment.
    Better is good enough.
  • supersaver1000
    supersaver1000 Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Almost a bit of a non-day for me yesterday, but thanks to flying on Monday and a few work tasks completed that I have been putting off forever, I still felt really really positive.

Looking forward to this one and hoping I can strike through a few more than yesterday :)

Whimsical Wednesday - Living room, hall and stairs!
    Level One...
    Declutter and vacuum!
    Vacuum right the way up the stairs!
    Level Two...
    [STRIKE]Wipe sofas[/STRIKE] did this yesterday while looking for lost keys
    Wash windows
    Dust and deweb!.. don't forget furry skirtings!
    Level Three...
    MAD half hour doing something for yourself! .. make yourself a hair appointment or something!
    Wash any soft furnishings that need doing
    Sort through coats n bags n shoes etc

Extras
    • Sort through a handbag
    • Sort through a cupboard or drawer of junk
    • 29 fling boogie...
    • HHI
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lots of ((hugs)) Frodders. You've done so well to cope this far. I hope help when it arrives is the help you need. It is so frightening for both of you. Xx

Today I am out for lunch with old friends. Old in that I've known them a long time, as they are both younger than me , just for the record! We are swapping last year's Christmas presents, just to show how difficult it seems to be to get 3 grown people in the same place at one time. Looking forward to it.

I've got a few jobs done - ironing, small grocery shop, f&v from the market, stripped DD's bed including the mattress cover and all going round in the wm. The plan is that it will all dry while I am out...

Yesterday's MAD was rage ivy pulling. DH was being particularly DH-ish, so I took myself outside after dinner and vented on the ivy. The empty green bin is now 1/2 full again, but MADness achieved.

I'm going to flick the duster around the LR now, and maybe treat it to the vacuum cleaner. I have 30 minutes....
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh look only got a few things to do Flying wise:

Thunderstorm Tuesday ~ the boudoir (seeing as I am looking at my mess!)
    Level one!
    Strip, wash and replace bedding.. With the window wiiiide open
    Shine your magic mirrors
    Level Two
    Tickle away the dust and spider homes! It is not Halloween for ages!

Whimsical Wednesday - Living room, hall and stairs!
    Vacuum right the way up the stairs!
    Level Two...
    Dust and deweb

Been booking appointments for Whiz Whippet for vet check and me and S for dentist too. Sold some stuff on fleabay so will send that off a bit later today.

Not sure if I said before but bit of good news in that I found J a labouring job on FB just to tide him over until he starts new job whenever that will be .... still no news. He's not doing every day of the week but £85 when he does work is very helpful.

Fayolle enjoy your lunch.

Frodders big hugs; you're coping so well and it is so very hard to see your Mum struggling like it.

Pigpen I forget how many family you get for at Christmas .... very organised. Hope you're going somewhere nice for the weekend as see you are busy packing.

Going to finish my coffee then see if I can do those little outstanding flying jobs whilst paid stuff is so quiet. Early lunch today and riding Breggey for a while early pm. House very quiet with S away on activity week with the Year 6s. Hope to have work in when I get back but if not plenty of other stuff to do and now J got a bit it takes the pressure off me a bit.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • pigpen
    Options
    Mumof2 wrote: »

Pigpen I forget how many family you get for at Christmas .... very organised. Hope you're going somewhere nice for the weekend as see you are busy packing..

OH's mothers for the week.. or most of it!! Be prepared for lots of complaining.

Food scoffed.. now DS3 is up so I shall go do useful and productive things upstairs.. vacuuming mainly.. with a bit of mop slopping!
  • pigpen
    edited 24 May 2018 at 7:27PM
    Options
    Thursday...

Prescription pick up
    Parcel posting
    [STRIKE]friend coming at 1[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]ring collect from menders[/STRIKE].. OH going.. with Twinkle.
    OH at work 4-close
    Mop bathroom/loo/kitchen ~ delegate?

vacuum hall/stairs/landing ~ delegate?

[STRIKE]DW x2
    Laundry jiggle[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]finish packing[/STRIKE].. not sure what is left but there is always something.
    Write foody list.. I need to shop for the stuff to take with us and stuff to leave the dorks. 2 lists then!

[STRIKE]Tidy middle room[/STRIKE]... or rather, boss OH to do it.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning.

Must do ironing.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning ladies - still lovely and sunny here. Been sleeping with the bedroom windows wide open to get a cool breeze.

Glad to hear things are moving along for your mum Frodders. Hang in there. The situation will improve with hands-on support. Big hugs for you both x

Pigpen - I'm always amazed at your planning skills. I usually hide my head over Christmas until at least the beginning of December. I'm not a very festive person.

Glad to hear J has some temporary work Mumof2 :T U can't believe how long the other job is taking to sort out!

Love hearing about the kittens HB. I'm a sucker for a small furry creature :D My cat was howling underneath my bedroom window at 5am this morning, which was nice.

I have a leisurely day today, so will be pottering about, catching up on missed flying. DH is scuba diving this evening, so I get the TV controller all to myself! Yippee! :j

Catch you all later xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport