PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 21st May 2018

Options

Comments

• Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Skids in from the left...hair dishevelled, sunburnt shoulders, empty wine glass and half eaten cheesecake in my hands...yeah! What a weekend!

Pauses to send big, big hugs to Fodders for today. We've got your back girl xxx

Collapses in a heap and looks, bleary-eyed at today's list. Joy. The kitchen.
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Many thanks for the list .... I am in please.

Frodders, sending you a big hug - feel absolutely free to say anything you want here as you are right in that writing it down is helpful and we've all got stuff we're going through so we can help, OK? x

S just gone on school residential for the week - queue whoop whoop whoop from me!! You can tell the parents whose kids are going for the first time as they look a bag of nerves. DH has picked up a labouring job just until proper job starts so that's helping out .... I found it for him on Facebook of all places.

Dizzy I feel just like you at seeing the kitchen as it's a heaving stinking mess but will have to do it! Glad you had such a lovely weekend and can I finish off your cheesecake cos I love it!

Yorkshirelass hope you get on OK at GP and that your anxiety passes; ever present isn't it .... I'm with you too but weaned myself off Mirtazapine as was permanently hungry. Miss not sleeping though :(
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Frodders I saw a work colleague go through this with his Dad and I know how hard it was for him - phone calls at 11pm at night as well as during the day. Hope it gets sorted x

And at 00:30; 02:20 and 03:50!!!

Thanks everyone for you thoughts and hugs. I finally manged to get washed and dressed and have breakfast in between fielding 6 calls since 07:15 (and one from my Dad because she'd phoned his house and asked for me!)

Have a good day all xx
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Motivation is low, long walk tonight some sort of dinner will be cooked and i have some lights to put in the garden. I must give my hoover an empty and a good wipe over. All the washing got put away yesterday and i have a wash ready for this evening..... if i do all this tonight i will be happy, tomorrow is spin so not much will be done in the evening :p
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just popping in to send enormous (((hugs))) to Froddy and to say thanks to Natty for the lists this week.

Yesterday I decluttered the forget-me-nots out of one border.

This morning I have
    - done some more of the endless admin and made quite good progress
    - done WMx2 and hung out
    - made :coffee: :coffee:
    - given Rosie some attention
    - encouraged DH to finish oiling the decking

I still have lots of paperwork cluttering up my desk and the spare bed, and I've got a shedload of college work to do, but this afternoon I am going to do some more work in the garden, or my bedding plants that are destined for the patio pots will all be dying from lack of care. The house is tidy enough for me to cope with it!

I will happily relieve you of some virtual cheesecake, Dizzy, trusting that in its virtual state, if not its real state, it is SW-friendly :rotfl:

(((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round, as needed xxx
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,815 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 May 2018 at 9:47PM
    Options
    Froddy you were (and are) in my thoughts.

Flying - nil but my reconciliation sheet was spot on first go for the first time ever. This temporary job is going on much longer than anticipated. By the t8me it finishes I!!!8217;ll have fathomed how to do it lol

Taster at sw tonight. We had cheesecake. 2 syns for the WHOLE thing. Lots of us Dec.ared we would be mor3 than capable of eating the entire cheesecake
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,444 Forumite
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    my reconciliation sheet was spot on first go for the first time ever.
    :T:T:T

I am still trying to sort out the charity accounts - we have a Trustees' meeting on Wednesday :eek:
    Valli wrote: »
    Taster at sw tonight. We had cheesecake. 2 syns for the WHOLE thing. Lots of us Dec.ared we would be mor3 than capable of eating the entire cheesecake
    :p
    Have you got the recipe, please?
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Huge hugs Frodders xxxx
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • supersaver1000
    supersaver1000 Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 23 May 2018 at 6:33AM
    Options
    Morning all, up with the larks again (well the very early waking kitten). Was really pleased with yesterdays jobs and looking forward to Tuesday. Last night OH cooked the soup and it was really easy to wash up afterwards so I got out the mop and bucket. Big surprise from DD and the kitten - what is this wet floor (I really don't do it very often) and it feels so fresh. Might not be as productive today but will be able to tick a few off. Next week will be better as its half-term and I'll have more time free. Looking forward to tackling the boudoir :rotfl:

Planning to shine the mirrors, clear a cupboard top, wash a window and tidy towels today.

Thunderstorm Tuesday ~ the boudoir ;) (seeing as I am looking at my mess!)
    Level one!

Strip, wash and replace bedding.. [STRIKE]With the window wiiiide open[/STRIKE]
    *Shine your magic mirrors
    Level Two
    Have a fling in a cupboard! Not with the butler!! What can be set free!?
    Clear the top of a cupboard
    Tickle away the dust and spider homes! It is not Halloween for ages!
    Level Three
    [STRIKE]Gather up stinky laundry[/STRIKE]
    *Wash a window
    Binbag dance.. Fill it up from anywhere in the house and let it go .. To the bin, CS or anywhere !!
    Extras for those who are brave!
    • Tidy the towels.. Can any be donated or turned to rags?
    • Clean the upstairs doors.. Oh to live in a bungalow!!
    • Wash stinky pet nests!!
    • [STRIKE]Do something you enjoy for at least half an hour!! [/STRIKE]Eating/drinking/chasing loose women do not
      count!! :p

After my good Monday start, yesterday was a bit of a stall in the starting blocks. But I did wash the hall rug and sweep the hall floor. Bedding was changed at the weekend so I was okay on that one. And I managed to tidy a bit in the ensuite - but still have the mirror cleaning stuff sat on the side - will tackle that as soon as OH gets up. That said, I did have a really good work day yesterday and ate a couple of big elephants - felt really good, enhanced by the fly lady day I had on Monday.
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    Options
    Lots of hugs for you, Frodders. It's so hard.xx Everyone here will be right behind you.

I'm not sure why I didn't get to post yesterday - I think I was too busy trying to tick something, just anything, off the list. DD was exhausted last night, and as I predicted is not in school today. She is curled up under her duvet as she feels cold....needless to say I was up at 6.15 this morning to make sure she got up for school. On my first Tuesday off since January. Oh well, at least I don't have to juggle work with her being at home, so silver linings and all that.

The result is that the ironing mountain is no more, the wm is running, bathrooms have had a s&s, as has the kitchen. As I was going to make a push on the allotment weeds today, I'm now listing garden jobs that need doing. There are many, say no more.

Oh yes, for my MAD yesterday, I made DH go for a walk with me for 30 minutes so that I could point out some allotment jobs for him to do! Does that count?

Have a good day everyone, I'm off to write another list.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure