My Mega Light Bulb Moment

Options

Comments

• LightBulbMoment
    Options
    HI Bambi

It is really nice to read your comments. My business makes a small component that companies use when they are building any machinery with a control panel. They are all made to the companies individual design and every order is different. It is a little strange but I really enjoy it and the market is not saturated as there are not many companies producing made to order items.

Ebay is still going well at the moment and I am just paying all the cash off my C/C balance so it is coming down. I am going to check the weather for Sunday and if it is nice I am going to go and set up my little stall and see what happens.

Is your business busy? Do you do alterations or / and make things from scratch like prom / wedding dresses?

Take care everybody and have a great weekend.

LBM
  • Tjh1412
    Tjh1412 Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    Wow you're off to a great start LBM; have inspired me to finally get round to listing the bits we decluttered last week. Will subscribe, keep going you're doing so well
  • bambisonamission
    Options
    Hi LBM,

I always find other people's businesses fascinating, I have no idea how you would start something like that! Business is really busy at the mo, wedding and prom season is in full force. I do all of the above really, plus curtain and blinds, but I've even sewn up tents and dog coats before now, if it goes through the machine or I can do it by hand I will generally sew it.
    The weather here looks OK for tomorrow but DH and I have had a rare night at a party for a friends birthday (a bonus no spend night out!) and we have a lie in with no DS so we will take advantage and not set the alarm! More sorting tomorrow though.
    Good luck for the car boot if you go.

Bambi
    Currently in an IVA due to trying to fund a growing business but enough is enough. Back to uni I go to study and get some stability back!!!
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi bambi

Your business sounds amazing I would love to be able to make things like that it must be fantastic when you see somebody in a wedding dress that you have made. I do love my job, it has slowed down this month which is great as I really have been so busy now for about four months and it was getting a little bit too much. Hence the reason I am now catching up on sorting the house out.

Well I have had an awful weekend. On Friday evening I started to feel just awful, being sick, hot cold and generally felt really bad. This continued all over the weekend. My DS said a lot of people at his works had the same thing so I have a feeling he has past a germ onto me and it did not bother him.

Any way today i am feeling so much better. Typical it had to be at weekend. Needless to say I did not go to the car boot sale and the weather was amazing and also I did not list anything on ebay all over the weekend as I felt so bad.

But I am not going to let this get the better of me and have got up this morning motivated and ready to go . So I had sold four things over the weekend. These have been wrapped and taken to the post office. Also up to now today I have list five items. I am going to try and list another five later.

Shopping came in under budget again and the freezer is still very full.
    I am hoping to reach a target of £500 in sales on ebay in June and to do at least one car boot sale. All the money will go off the C/C bills.

Any way take care everybody and have a nice evening

LBM
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Good morning everybody,

Well another two sales on ebay yesterday. I have wrapped them and took them to the post office. Ebay fees have been paid and the rest after postage has already been paid of the credit card with the highest interest rate.

I have had a look and it has a balance of £2237 left on it. I really would love to get this paid off by the end of August, but will see.

Shopping and meal planning still going very well and I am keeping on track with that.

Going to list another five items to go on ebay again today, to keep up with that goal.

Petrol is working well on my £20 a week. It is making me become a lot more organised in the fact that instead of doing three journeys in the same direction I now do one and do all the things I need to do in one go.

Just waiting on this months gas / electricity statement to see were we are up to with that.

Keep going everybody and have a nice day

LBM
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great diary lightbulbmoment ,loved reading it and how incredibly motivated you are .I sell quite a few things on ebay too ,i have to say i find it hard work taking all the pictures listing then packing but then as you say the positives outweigh the work.I have some debts too ,i have brushed them to one side for too long just paying off the minimum amounts but must start tackling them one by one starting with the smallest,there seems to be so many things to tackle,saving pension mortgage overpayments and so on but must add it to my list.
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Morning everybody,

One more sale on ebay yesterday so again I have paid the amount from my C/C bill.

I have just had a look and this month I have paid £1133 off my credit cards. I cannot believe that, I just hope I can keep it up.

Shopping still going great.

I have had my gas and electricity bill in and noticed that at the bottom of the bill the company I am with have introduced a new tariff that is a little better than mine and would save me about £50 a year. I know it is not that much but the way I am thinking now £50 is £50 and is better in my pocket than the electricity company. I moved supplier about three months ago now as they were the cheapest about at the time. I do not have any locked in fees if I move which is great.

So my job for today is to change to the cheaper tariff and once again list another five items on ebay. I feel like I am an online retailer at the moment.

Take care everybody and have a nice day.

LBM
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Try Harder

Thank you so much for reading and your comments. I know what you mean. Until I started this diary I just made the minimum payments and I did not know what interest rates I was being charged. I know it is really silly.

The first thing I did was get balances and interest rates. I then went and input all the information into the Snowball. After I had got over the shock of looking at those figures I decided I really needed to sort things out. This exercise illustrated which cards were the most expensive to have. I found a 0% card and did transfer some of the highest percentage rate to make it a little cheaper. I am hoping all the amounts will be on 0% seen which would be great.

I think this in itself is such a step forward as you are taking control and organising the debt to make it a goal to pay it off.

From this I decided I needed to raise extra cash to try and pay the card with the highest interest rate off as fast as possible. I am hoping to have this card paid off by the end of August.

Once you are organised I am finding it less stressful than the not knowing to be honest. It has also really motivated me to reduce and eventually have no debt at all. My Snowball says it is going to take me 34 months to pay it off. I am hoping it is going to be less than that.

Take care and it really is worth spending a few hours going through everything so that you can move forward.

LBM
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Good Morning Everybody

I cant believe it is Thursday already. Two seems to be the magic number at the minute as I had another two sales on ebay yesterday. So, items posted and the amount left after postage and fees has been paid off my c/c with the highest interest.

I phoned the gas / electricity yesterday. I was on the phone for three minutes and they have changed my tariff to the cheaper one. The lady said it would save me £55 a year as the charges were the same as the tariff I am on but the unit price was cheaper. So a no brainer really. I know it is only a saving of just over £1 a week but I am looking at it as a £50 saving in a year.

I am trying to think of all these little amounts like the Costa coffee amount of its only £3 a day but that equals £15 a week if you buy on your way to work or £780 a year.

Today I am going to do a meal plan for next week as I am going to go shopping again tomorrow as I really am finding this great, as there is always food over the weekend so the temptation for takeaways is so much less.

Also, I have a free day today, so after finishing this post I am going to get a very large box out of the garage and list all the stuff in it on ebay. So hopefully over the weekend all the really nice people out there will buy all my stuff.

Take care everybody and I hope you all have a great day.

LBM
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Everybody

Its Friday :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j

I had eight ebay sales yesterday so going to wrap them up this morning and get them to the post office. When they are all posted I will pay the amount of my credit card.

Going to try and list another five items again today.

Also going to go shopping later after doing a list of what I need.

Petrol has lasted again this week which is great another £5 saved.

I have done my meal plan for next week and a lot of it is coming out of the freezer.

Goals for next week.

Keep to shopping and petrol budget.
    Batch cook some meals
    List five items on ebay a day.

Take care everybody

LBM
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income