I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Knocked DS up! But he was happy to come with me. I treated him to some shoes from shoe zone, and some jeans and a shirt from a few other shops. We had a cuppa and a slice of pizza in Greggs. We talked a bit but I didn't want to go on and ruin the time. I offered to buy a few groceries when I was in Aldi, and he said they always need food but what would help is some nappies and baby wipes. So I was happy to do that within my food budget anyway. I then went to my Mums and had a cuppa with her before going to Biggest to look after the two little ones. I stopped off at McD for dgd on the way home so she didn't have to wait long for the meal. I had left Over Chinese from the fridge.
    Not my cheapest day. But that is ok once in a blue moon.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    As we know son time is precious :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Bank card has been compromised!
    Used it Sunday to draw cash in Oxford. Tonight bank has called me, and I have been frauded. So not good, but great they have noticed. Card now useless. No access to cash for a few days with that account. Thankfully I share my money between two different banks.!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    What an inconvience.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Could have been so much worse!
    I am so lucky ��
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Wonder what today will bring?
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning Mooloo,

What an absolute PITA about your bank card! Thank goodness the bank noticed quickly.

I'm glad you had a good time with your son, it is sometimes hard to spend quality time with our offspring once they grow up and leave home. We were delighted to get some time with our (only) son over Christmas - he took Dad to a footy match and we did a gin tasting together :)

I hope your tum is better today. Like many people, I suffer from IBS so I understand how low it can make you feel (((hugs))).

What is goldenpaste please?
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Pondskater
    Options
    Have you got snow there Mooloo? My sister and nieces live in Dunstable and have had snow. I live on a hill in South Lanarkshire and no snow here yet thank goodness. I am so glad you had a good day with your son.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Pondskater wrote: »
    Have you got snow there Mooloo? My sister and nieces live in Dunstable and have had snow. I live on a hill in South Lanarkshire and no snow here yet thank goodness. I am so glad you had a good day with your son.

Yes we woke to a spattering of snow but it's melting as the sun rises, it's black ice on the pavement and even though I put on my snow boots I slipped several times enroute to work.
    Just checked in on Mum she has snow there too. Good job I did the shopping for her yesterday when I did mine.

Zip for the coat has arrived, so that's probably the first job of the day to get it over and done with.
    I will not miss replacement zips when I finish here!
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    Every time I see this diary at the top of the page, I misread the title. 'I will cut my throat..........' :rotfl:

ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills