IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Aldi Facebook Page Kicking Off after Parking Eye LBAs

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I was just thinking ....... (yep, dangerous, I know).

Aldi has had quite a mauling over PE in the past 36 hours or so on FB, and their PR must have taken quite a battering.

Now, wouldn't it really recover the position for them if it was suggested that they announce a total 'amnesty' and they've called off the PE dog; all charges are revoked.

I'm sure that would be very profitable for them, and restore some of the lost customer confidence.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Umkomaas
    edited 20 June 2013 at 11:32PM
    Options
    just added my puppy to the Aldi page :)

Photo

I think your 'puppy' post on the Aldi FB is the best of them all.

Kudos (or is that Kodak?) :T

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=540248012677276&set=o.165836530143824&type=1&relevant_count=1
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• photography_2
    Options
    just tried a similar thing on Welcome break FB page, another PE bed mate. They just deleted my polite message, it was to the point but it was polite.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    just tried a similar thing on Welcome break FB page, another PE bed mate. They just deleted my polite message, it was to the point but it was polite.

Great evidence when the house of cards (and their principals) come tumbling down.

'Statements of Truth' seem to me to be a very potent, future phenomenon.

Beware all who sup with the Devil :)

• trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Still more people piling in with complaints about PE's aggressive tactics. ALDI's stock answer is "give us your contact details and we can discuss this privately", even to general question about why ALDI have got mixed up with PE. In other words, "we are very embarrassed by this, but don't want it publicised".
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • HubertGrumblethorpe
    Options
    Thanks all.

Looked on my council site and although the application is listed there is no further detail. So I'll nip down & take a look at the signs tomorrow and send a letter. If any 'regular' has a suggested text for the letter that would assist.

It does seem that 'public outcry' and bad PR is probably an effective tactic in helping rid us of these bad practices. Like most of us, I'm quite happy to pay what is due, but not stupid amounts that feather the nests of these people. :mad:
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Hovite wrote: »

Although not right, I had a good chuckle over some of the comments towards the end of the page. :rotfl:

• Aaron_Aadvark
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    ALDI's stock answer is "give us your contact details and we can discuss this privately", even to general question about why ALDI have got mixed up with PE. In other words, "we are very embarrassed by this, but don't want it publicised".

And if you do, you get an e-mail from Weber Shandwick, a PR company, which completely avoids the simple question "Why is Aldi happy for its customers to be sued on its behalf for using the Aldi car park in order to spend money in Aldi stores?"
    Je suis Charlie
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    And if you do, you get an e-mail from Weber Shandwick, a PR company, which completely avoids the simple question "Why is Aldi happy for its customers to be sued on its behalf for using the Aldi car park in order to spend money in Aldi stores?"

Do they honestly think that that is going to calm the situation when people are so incensed by the PE/Aldi onslaught on them?

More likely the poking of a stick in a wasps nest.

Is the email a further template job? Can anyone post up a copy?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport