Options

Comments

• kdalwayskint
    kdalwayskint Posts: 789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 September 2018 at 8:50PM
    Options
    Hi everyone

Apricity - there's plenty of time to lose a couple of pounds to fit into your new dress, I've been losing about a pound a week for about 4 weeks and my dress is fitting much better, I think a couple more and I'll be happy with the fit :) I'm usually a 14 but my dress is an 18! I'm sure they do it to make you feel bad!

We've had the menu options from the rugby club so we'll be looking through those this weekend.

I've been playing with the invitation template, I'm happy with all the wording, I just want to see if I can adjust the layout a bit, I'll have to power up the laptop to do that, work has been too busy to have a sneaky look at work :rotfl:

We have found some pictures of cakes, I just need to print them and give to my cake lady, H2B wants chocolate cake with chocolate ganache, cake lady says it will have to be one of the smaller tiers but he thinks more people will want chocolate cake than lemon or Bakewell so he wants the chocolate cake to be the biggest tier so he's rethinking the ganache idea!

We'll have to have a chat about when to give notice, think I need to make a list for wedding chat Sunday :rotfl:

How's everyone getting on?
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • apricity
    Options
    mhmm, me & my fiance are trying to go more healthier , starting this week. We've been saying it for months but now I'd love to actually start loosing weight. Especially now the wedding is creeping up ... Okay, i know it's a year and a bit away but theres too much to do lol

Ohh Foood! I hope the food is tasty and to your liking.

I'm not sure what to do about food. We were going to have a pizza bar with a few side items & a dessert / candy bar. A little nervous as there's almost 90 people on our guest list.

aw that's good , what style are you going for? I was trying to make my own but i'm not good so i'll probablly use vistaprint to make ours .

that cake idea sounds fancy and amazing.
    I hope you & him figure the cake out soon.
    not even started to think about cake yet!!

How did the wedding chat go?
    And do you do wedding chat weekly or just when stuff pops up? I feel like i talk about the wedding alot with my fiance.

Today , I have chosen our photographer and she's avalible for both days. I have to wait mid-week to get deposit information and things off her - the ball is Offically rolling!

Getting my bridal party sorted now too.
    :heartpuls Getting married 21.09.19 :heartpuls
    Emergency Savings - £15.55 / £1,000 :heart: XMAS '19 Savings - £0.00 / £365 :heart: Holiday savings - £6.00(SA) £00 (PB)
  • BeckyAP
    Options
    Hello,

Gosh I'm so bad at keeping in touch.
    We've (I have) found the photographer and got her booked - a bargain price as well.
    Cake lady has been found and she's also offering a really good deal - more money for the honeyemoon!

When it comes to invites etc. I got put onto this amazing website - https://www.gettingmarried.co.uk/
    You can host your free wedding website on this site and it can hold RSVP information, accommodation info for people travelling etc.
    I'm loving working with it at the minute.

I seem to work in fits about the wedding - do a lot and then forget, then do a lot more...Need to find the make up artists next I think.

Oh and venue open day on the 30th which I'm looking forward too!!
  • apricity
    Options
    My new wedding dress has been dispatched but won't arrive until wed-sat.

Ordered a love heart chalk board so guests can use my camera as a photo booth and write messages etc. I was going to pay someone for a photobooth but now I'm going to use my DSLR camera on a tripod and get props and an amazing tapestry for the background .

Not sure how to do that like, just give everyone their photos after or get a printer so they can print out.
    Was going to use my sister's ipad but i'd have to buy a printer for that anyway for like £100+

i use zola but not using it just to invite though as some of my family aren't tech smart. As it were.

I used to just take it slowly but now I've got too much to do and now am starting to freak a little.
    :heartpuls Getting married 21.09.19 :heartpuls
    Emergency Savings - £15.55 / £1,000 :heart: XMAS '19 Savings - £0.00 / £365 :heart: Holiday savings - £6.00(SA) £00 (PB)
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    We didn't really do wedding chat this weekend, H2B was out Sunday afternoon. We went out for tea on Saturday evening and talked a little bit about it. We introduced wedding chat Sundays as we found it was all we were talking about and we felt like it was taking over our lives! H2B is the one more likely to talk about it on other days though. If we need to talk about it on other occasions we just do but let the other one know when we've had enough :rotfl: I talked about the invitations last week :)

Photoshoots are shockingly expensive I thought when I had a look. We thought about doing something ourselves, there are apps that can do it, but I'm wondering if it's too much of a faff!

We've got 8 months and 6 days to go :eek: sometimes I think we've got plenty sorted and other times I have a panic about it :rotfl:

BeckyAP - I'll have a nosey at that website, thank you :)

I seem to go in a similar fashion, do loads then not so much!

Catch you all soon x
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • BeckyAP
    Options
    Apricity - that's a great idea about setting up your own camera as a photo booth style thing.
    I'd just upload them to a photo hosting site afterwards and then if people want to save them/print them off they can do it themselves and save you some money!

I was looking at the Fujix Film instant camera thing in John Lewis on the weekend. It's the wedding bundle so comes with a guest book that people can pop their photos in and sign. Nearer the time will have a look and see what the best price is.
    I originally wanted to get a whole load of disposable cameras and leave them out for people to use but I think that would get soooo expensive, with developing them as well :(

kdalwayskint - so long as you have the big things sorted you're fine! My OH suggested I visit a wedding fair to make sure I haven't missed anything but I'm pretty confident I've sorted all the necessities.

Also found the make up artist for my wedding day - I had to have someone else doing my make up because I wouldn't have a clue where to start! She's also going to do my mum's as well but my "bridesmaids" are happy to do it themselves - very money saving! :money:
  • t1000k
    Options
    Where you will be ordering flowers?
    I found quite cheap flowers arrangements on avasflowers.net anyone used them?
    What do you think?
  • Devonbiker
    Options
    Hi All,

Been great to read through all your experiences here.

We got engaged on the 4th of July this year and are aiming to wed Sept/Oct next year, still trying to find the venue to confirm the date.
    We are also in the middle of buying a house! Nothing like giving yourself a full plate!
    Be glad when its all done and dusted. We have considered just eloping to escape the stresses and strains and the expense!
    But, as we both only intend to do this once, we do want a 'proper' bash.
    I look forward to updating you with our progress as well as reading all of yours too :)
  • Cookieie
    Options
    Hi Devonbiker,

Welcome to the group, we've similar dates!

Got engaged on the 30th June whilst in Austria for F1 & getting married 18th Oct 2019!

Let me know how you get on :0)

Rx
  • Devonbiker
    Options
    I got engaged in Austria too! OH proposed at he top of Grossglockner whilst we were touring on our bikes with some friends! Shocked doesn't come close to my reaction :-D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure