INSURE & GO - wriggling out of claims

Options

Comments

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Send them a letter headed "Official Complaint" keep it concise and polite, they obliged to properly investigate the matter and report back to you within eight weeks.
  • rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quote their FAQs back to them

You should report any loss or thefts of passports to the local police in the country you are in as soon as possible. You will need the crime reference details they provide for the LS01 (which is the Lost or Stolen Passport Notification) form. You should also report the loss or theft to the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) embassy, consulate or high commission of the country you are in. You can get details of your local FCO office wherever you are by calling +44 (0)20 7008 1500 (0870 606 0290 within the UK) or by visiting the FCO website. The FCO will issue you with replacement travel documents so you can travel back to the UK.
  • bilbobaggins53
    Options
    I had a claim September 2013 after a trip to Mexicao. My daughter lost her purse with spending money on the plane. She found it missing after reaching Cancun airport. We told Insure & Go all the details of when & where the loss took place, and who we told at Virgin at the start of the claim. (Her purse was in a bag in the overhead locker) They kept asking for letters and statements from the airline etc. for months.

What realy wound me up was a letter from Insure & Go, 8 months after making the claim, saying that they would not pay out because my daughter didn't have the money on her at the time of loss.

If they read the claim in the first place they should have rejected it straight away and stopped wasting my time.

Ok, so next time perhaps we should get money belts, and a large roll of bubble wrap to prevent injury, but I know for sure Insure & Go wont be getting my families business in future. Are there any decent holiday insurance companies or is that an oxymoron?
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tbfrance wrote: »
    Took Platinum insurance for worldwide for myself and wife Flight fromBrazil arrived late in Amsterdam,missed the flight from there to Birminghamand had to pay over 600.00 euros for my wife and I to get home as KLM would not allow a change of flight.
    Had no option but yo buy the tickets as needed to get home urgently. The guy at KLM asked if I had insurance and I said yes a Platinum one,he said well you will get it refunded. Called insure and go and guess what? not covered oh no we do not cover you for that. What a waste of space and money a complete rip off, well the policy is not at all clear on this and is obiously designed to be like that. This company should be stopped from trading they are typical of many Briish Insurance companies that want to take your money but never pay a claim.
    I am issuing a county court summons against them even if I loose I hope the judge will comment on their lack of clarity and it gets into the papers.If it saves just one other person from losing out with them it will have been worth it. DO NOT TOUCH THEM WITH A BARGE POLL.

No insurer in the country would pay out in that situation.
  • silvergirl14
    silvergirl14 Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 29 January 2015 at 12:39PM
    Options
    2015. Had hospital treatment in France November 2014 insured under Travel Claims Ltd.
    They are using irrelevant questions to delay any further discussion. They have been by turn aggressive and pushy. Now they are just being obstructive.
    If it wasn't a claim in good faith I'd give up. But this has made me more determined.:mad:

However, to be fair, they have settled (cheque received today) as we discounted a trifling amount for travel re-book fee, and agreed that the proof of an extra length of stay was not proven.
  • losgiganteskid
    Options
    Yes Silvergirl you only need to read back posts on this thread to see that the claims handlers for Insure & Go are very poor at handling claims - their knowledge of the policy wording is dire. One can only conclude that Insure & Go are happy and content that these claims handlers (if indeed you can call them that) continue to bring the name of Insure & Go on an ever downward customer satisfaction spiral - you can imaging the quarterly meetings between the management of Insure & Go and Travel Claim Services Ltd

"Good to see you again - please be seated and help yourself to a digestive biscuit"

"Thank you very much - don't mind if I do"

"Now then how many claims have you had in this quarter ?"

"Several hundred - but don't worry - we rejected the majority, others we have put "on hold" in the hope the policyholder will get fed up of waiting and go away and the rest we managed to tell the policyholder that there was no cover because they failed to take note of some of the small print - you know the print I mean - even if you could read it you wouldn't be able to understand it. That leaves 8 claims outstanding which by the time we had reduced the value of the claim they seemed to fall within the policy excess - so luckily we didn't have to make any payment - Didn't we do well ?"

"That seems to be an excellent result - well done Travel Claim Services - have another digestive"
  • Franparis
    Options
    I agree with your comments - "DO NOT TOUCH THEM WITH A BARGE POLL".
    I had worldwide insurance, and spent 5 months emailing, calling (no answers) and sending registered post for a claim on a cancelled Eurostar (and having to buy a plane ticket to get to destination in time). They mess you about and are clearly making it very difficult for anyone to make claims...I am sure that most people give up, exhausted by the effort of it and disgusted with the lack of good will. In the end I got £50 out of them which was by no means compensation for the cost of my travel, but also for the time and money I spent trying to process my claim. One thing I am glad about is that I didn't have a more serious problem far from home! So if you want to feel confident in your travel insurance... look elsewhere than Insure & Go.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Franparis wrote: »
    I agree with your comments - "DO NOT TOUCH THEM WITH A BARGE POLL".
    I had worldwide insurance, and spent 5 months emailing, calling (no answers) and sending registered post for a claim on a cancelled Eurostar (and having to buy a plane ticket to get to destination in time). They mess you about and are clearly making it very difficult for anyone to make claims...I am sure that most people give up, exhausted by the effort of it and disgusted with the lack of good will. In the end I got £50 out of them which was by no means compensation for the cost of my travel, but also for the time and money I spent trying to process my claim. One thing I am glad about is that I didn't have a more serious problem far from home! So if you want to feel confident in your travel insurance... look elsewhere than Insure & Go.

Have used Insure and go before but haven't yet had to make a claim.
  • losgiganteskid
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Have used Insure and go before but haven't yet had to make a claim.
    - thank your lucky stars then !!
  • Telbec
    Options
    Reading through the reviews on here, I wish I had read them before taking travel insurance with them. We were on holiday in California when my wife fell and broke her leg in 3 places. We paid the bill in full. We contacted them to ask for assistance in getting an upgrade on the flight home for my wife as she had to have her leg elevated, they agreed in principle but stated they could not give us financial assistance until we returned home. After submitting the claim, we have had to send in copious amounts of paperwork to prove we paid out, sometimes asking for them twice. After 8 weeks they have sent a cheque for only the flight, not the medical expenses nor associated costs with the credit cards due to the length of time they are taking. We even lodged a complaint and was told on 3 occasions we would be called back but heard nothing, only a letter stating it could take a further 8 weeks to resolve!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure