Interest details on HMRC Personal Tax Account. Updated to include how to access interest details.

Options

Comments

• talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I wrote to them 2 months ago with a list of corrections in the savings interest list. They somehow have corrected 2 Santanders (one now closed, the other now lite), and 2 BoS (only 1 left), and left the rest of the list wrong - including an extra £2500 of interest in a 000 account that does not exist! You couldn't make it up.
    2010 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just checked my PTA and all the savings interest has disappeared.

Would it be too much to hope that it`s gone because it was last tax year`s 17/18, (although it`s not there either).

Maybe the current tax year`s 18/19 will show up later in the year when they receive it from the banks etc.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Is it too much to ask that HMRC put a message on their site when a whole section suddenly disappears?
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    RG2015 wrote: »
    Is it too much to ask that HMRC put a message on their site when a whole section suddenly disappears?

Yup

more characters
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,101 Forumite
    Options
    Well, I've had my P800 for 2017-18. The interest figure shown is £93 more than actual, so we are talking about £20 of tax. I kept detailed figures which I've re-checked as far as I can with the passage of time.

Is it worth £20 to let things rest as they are? I'm considering it.

I've only been on their website once, to register and to discover that the discrepancies for the 2018/19 coding were just too many to feel like getting involved with. With the stories emanating from here I just decided to wait to see what happened. On that first visit I couldn't see anything about 2017-18 interest anyway.

I logged in today - isn't a nightmare to get into it all? - and I still can't find any details of 2017-18 interest, so I've no means of checking anything.

I'll sit back and wait for news on here that their website is working the way it should, and then try again.

I'd like to bet that Chris Grayling is involved in it somehow :(
  • schiff
    edited 6 March 2019 at 4:54PM
    Options
    Two small areas that may be involved:

I was receiving £5 cash-back from TSB for part of the year in connection with a switch. Always thought it was non-taxable. Was it? If so, it might have been added to the normal account interest by TSB.

On the Santander paper statements for the 123 account the summary on the front page lumps together the interest plus cash-back viz: "Select Current Account (cash-back and interest) This month £XX.XX". Incorrectly reported by Santander that could be one possibility.

It won't be an excess payment (refunded) on a Virgin RS maturity btw. The only one I had was in the current tax year.
  • schiff
    Options
    I wonder how far you would get if you asked for a print-out :)
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    For information, as of this moment, all of my interest income details referred to at the start of this thread have disappeared from my personal tax account online.
    I have just found my 2018/2019 untaxed interest summary again although it is now only shown as a single figure. To access it in my personal tax account online I click on the following:

1. PAYE
    2. Check current tax year
    3. How your income tax is calculated
    4. View detailed Income Tax estimate
    5. Scroll down to view tax on savings interest and my total figure is shown here.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I have just found my 2018/2019 untaxed interest summary again although it is now only shown as a single figure. To access it in my personal tax account online I click on the following:

1. PAYE
    5. Scroll down to view tax on savings interest and my total figure is shown here.

But is it correct?

And if it isn't, how do know what has been included & what omitted?:cool:
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

1. PAYE

And at the bottom of that page there is a link "Is there anything wrong with this page?"

Now, how do you spell "Everything"? :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure