MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• lauradora
    lauradora Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry for you Kirsty....sounds like a right mare....

Hope everyone is staying safe in the snow xx
    On a mission
  • sweetilemon
    Options
    Are you taking anything for your sugars Kirsty? I'm on metaformin. What are your levels like? Did you eventually get the all clear with movement and heartrate? If you are worried just go in for monitoring. 9lb's isn't too huge but I guess the problem is the difference in percentile?

The snow is really bad here, I got in to work today but a few scary moments. It's meant to be worse tomorrow so if it's unsafe I'm not going to go in.

My midwife and other antenatal appointment's got cancelled today. My scan is next week.
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I was on 4 metformin a day but my levels dropped and were only going above 5 if I massively increased carbs so they told me to increase carbs and reduce to 3 metformin daily but they still weren't picking up.... until today when they have all been over 7 :eek: so looks like the midwife was right and it was the calm before the storm.

Have to call her in the morning and let her know so I think I'll be back on the max metformin. They did give me the all clear from the monitoring so I'm just keeping an eye for now.

It's a pain about the antenatal appointments, hope they've been rescheduled soon? Make sure you're safe tomorrow, don't push yourself to go in!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • lauradora
    Options
    these last few days at work are dragging soooooo much :(

Came in this morning and arrived early after leaving the house early due to the snow but the roads were much clearer and safer than yesterday. I got an early finish yesterday in case the weather drew in but its really not done much today so no hope of that again.

I'm so glad I finally went ahead and booked my MAT leave in though, I'm so tired and achy I cant even get comfy in my chair.

I am so looking forward to getting back into the forum properly, I joined a challenge today in readiness for mat leave but am already worried cos I'm getting chips tomorrow with it being my last day and there's an NCT nearly new sale near me on Saturday which I cannot resist, but that's what challenges are for :)

I am well jealous of all you ladies having snow days:rotfl:

Kirtsy I wish there was something I could do to help.....will try and do dome extra bounces on my ball for you and of course will eat lots of curries in your name :D
    On a mission
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Almost there Laura!

I'm going to live on my ball from now until he arrives :rotfl:
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • lauradora
    Options
    I had a nice hot chilli for you tonight :beer:
    On a mission
  • riotlady
    riotlady Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi everyone! :) Just found this thread. I'm due in 5 weeks but drs have said they're probably going to bring baby a bit earlier due to gestational diabetes. Nervous but very excited- hopefully building the last bits of ikea furniture for the nursery tomorrow!
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Sounds lovely laura!

Welcome riotlady, congratulations!

You're in the same position as myself and sweetilemon with the GD - how have you been doing with managing your sugars?
  • riotlady
    riotlady Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    kirtsypoos wrote: »
    Sounds lovely laura!

Welcome riotlady, congratulations!

You're in the same position as myself and sweetilemon with the GD - how have you been doing with managing your sugars?

Thanks!

Managing much better now I'm on metformin- one with breakfast, two with dinner. I can manage weetabix for breakfast now, which is very exciting because I was getting quite sick of eggs :p

Also my friend managed to find some Oppo salted caramel ice cream for me and it is AMAZING.

I do feel a bit like all I think about at the moment is food though!
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    I know what you mean about eggs - I feel the same about cheese! I got the choc mint swirl oppo and was so excited but I thought it tasted like toothpaste so I was gutted :rotfl:

I've been making a list of all the stuff I want to eat once he makes his arrival and OH is under strict instructions to bring it all to the hospital!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport