MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• lauradora
    lauradora Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    kirtsypoos wrote: »
    I was really impressed! They run one lot of sessions a month and it's 4 sessions of 2 hours each, which is good as to be honest I'm flagging by the end of the 2nd hour!

Thats it I dont think I could sit for that long never mind pay attention!

Well ive had a right few days of it.
    Fell over at work on Monday, car crash thursday and absolutley strung out with cold:(

So was off sick Friday and today and have put a last minute annual leave in for tomorrow cos I feel like poop. Had another rubbish nights sleep last night so am feeling well sorry for myself:(:(:(:(
    On a mission
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi again everyone, I'm finishing work the same day as you Lauradora. But I've only got 4 work days left as I'm doing short weeks now. Feeling a bit stresses about finishing up, not only the work, but clearing my desk 0_0 I've got a lot of personal paperwork to take home, and then sort out.

We are lucky to have a lot of handmedowns, but still need to go through everything, and buy what we need. Mostly consumables, nappies etc. And to actually organise and put things away. Its not easy in a small flat, when we need to declutter our own things before we can tackle mount baby stuff!

Maybe I should so hospital bag first, just in case! Anyone got a good list to follow?
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hope you're ok after the fall and crash Laura? Did you go and get you and litte'un checked out?

Hope you manage to clear your desk Cherry, I'm finding myself getting more stressed as it gets closer as I'm worried about anything I may have missed so I think it must be fairly normal.

I got a good list from babycentre but am slacking about packing - I've done the baby bag but for some reason I'm still putting mine off. It's driving OH mad but it feels far too real!

It's my last day on Friday and I can't wait to be able to get stuck in at home. I'm not sleeping well so I'm really pleased that I can turn my alarms off and that way if I do manage a bit of extra sleep it will be lovely.

I have my next growth scan next Tuesday which is when we will start discussing induction dates which is very scary!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • sweetilemon
    Options
    Hope you and baby are OK Laura! Not long until work is done! It'll definitely be good to finish up Kirsty although my first week of maternity seems to be filling up with appointment's already. I went to a mothercare expecant parent event, it was good, St John's Ambulance were there showing baby resuscitation and what to do if your baby chokes. Glad I've done that. They gave a list in the pack, the only thing different from the usual was towels. I do remember having to ask the midwifes for towels last time for my shower. So I'll remember to pack them this time!
  • lauradora
    Options
    Yes thank you all for asking we were in A & E and triage until midnight on Thursday but got checked over well and babys heart beat was monitored for a good 45 mind so all good there.

I have googled the s**t out of hospital bag lists and ended up making a hybrid of all of them....which is why I guess now I've got two bags and not one :p

Now ive had a couple of days off sick I cant wait to finish work....
    Just like you Kirtsy, if I don't sleep through the night there'll be no pressure I can just sleep for as long as I need :D
    Ive also got another growth scan on Tuesday, Kirsty you must be looking forward to knowing what date your going to meet your little one :)

Cherry sounds like our ready for your leave too, I've been using works time and resources to get some of my personal admin stuff done too, is that a possibility for you??
    On a mission
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 July 2020 at 10:43AM
    Options
    Hi Laura, yes I've been taking a bit of personal time and winding down at work with short weeks.

I brought home personal paperwork today, so that's a good step! Just a load of filing or recycling to do now. At home me and the partner are setting time aside thus weekend to get organised and make shopping lists, numbers for taxi firms etc.

I'm glad all was well in the end Thursday night, that must have been a really anxious time.

Good luck for the growth scans Kirtsy and Laura. I had one yesterday (35+5), you don't get such a good view later on as they are so big you just get a body part at a time. They estimated our little one as 6lb2oz already, so he should be almost 8lb at 40 weeks. Hope you get the measurements you are hoping for.
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Glad everything was ok Laura :)

I was quite out of it yesterday and didn't manage to get my bag packed. OH is out tonight so that's my plan for after my afternoon nana nap :o

I'm quite scared about finding out when they will want to induce - hoping to persuade them for 39 weeks and I will be doing my best to start it off naturally before then. I'm taking raspberry leaf capsules but have ordered the tea as well, I've been bouncing on my ball for weeks and I'm trying to persuade OH that sex is the way forward but he has been too freaked out by baby movements for months, so I'm not holding out too much hope of that :cool:

Sounds like your growth scan went well Cherry, it is a shame that the 'view' isn't as good but at least we get extra chances to see them :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • lauradora
    Options
    I love it Kirsty!!

What else are you trying?? How far are you now??

I was talking to a woman the other day at my antenatal class who said whatever you do don't try castor oil because it will make you ill!! :(
    On a mission
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    I'm going to do some more research over the next few days. I'm only 35 weeks so won't be trying anything for 10 days, but some of the stuff I would try is off the table because of the diabetes - like pineapple core, which I ate for conception but can encourage uterine contractions, too sugary for now though, I think the Docs would kill me for those results :rotfl:

I agree with the no castor oil thing, my mom tried it with terrible results. Same for hot curries - there's no reason it could work but could cause toilet issues and the midwives job is gory enough without adding that in :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport