Real Life, Dating and Money!

Options

Comments

• SkintTeacher
    SkintTeacher Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    A will - Great idea! And again, something I didn't do until AFTER having a child!!!???

Did have a little freak out moment the other day as both my brother and sister have named me as potential guardian of their children in worst case scenario (meaning I could go from one child to 5!)

Keep up the good work. I'm cheerleading you on x:j
  • Littlebirdie
    Littlebirdie Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Haha skinnyteacher now that would be a different way of living!

Thanks so much :j
    To staying out of debt!
    Credit card (Nov 2018):£894.60 . Emergency fund: £2000/3000
  • Littlebirdie
    Options
    So yesterday

Money spent:

£ 5.60 travel to friend
    This will come out of my travel budget so far £18.90 spent this month

£4.80 drinks
    Didn't drink alcohol last night which was so nice! Nice to go out and be cool just to have soft drinks - we chilled in a coffee shop which was lovely!

£41.60 expensive train fair
    So this is going to have to come out of my holiday fund. Slightly annoyed as it took my friend a few days to get back to me so it rose in price but hey ho. Nothing I can do about it.

£3.99 eating on the go
    I was so blooming hungry! I don't know what came over me yesterday. I think it was because I hadn't eaten much fruit - makes such a difference.

£8 eyebrow wax
    The difference this has had on my confidence is priceless - I have to remember this!

Will's
    So had a good look and decided the best one for me is to get the cheap templates from online that are about £30. I don't own property and it's literally for somewhere where I can store my bank details. Also I need to decide if I want to pay for someone to store it which I think is £20. Need to also fill out the document for someone to get my pension if anything did happen.
    To staying out of debt!
  • Littlebirdie
    Options
    Soo today

I'm off to see my beautiful friend. I always feel so greatful when I think about my friends :A

Today so far (it's not even 9am :rotfl: )

£2.10 coffee
    I just love the taste, the smell, the everything about it! Well except the staining of teeth of course. Coffee shops are such a safe haven for me. I won't go into it but they make me feel so safe and comfy.

£3.99 Gift
    For my friends child - I always get him a magazine and it's not too expensive and fills him with hours of joy.

£5 gift
    Cheaper than flowers and this friend does so much for me. I know I don't have to buy her although a small thoughtful gift goes a long way in my opinion

I have a baby shower coming up and I spent £20 on my friend. Argh I'm tempted to take something back. I don't know - we will see. The annoying thing is I got cash back (okay only £1.00 but better than nothing right? :rotfl: ) and I'll lose it if I take something back. Well in the grand scheme of things it would be saving ~£10 so may be worth it. Well it is worth it.

Also I bought a £14 outfit for my newphew. I really think I'm going to have to take it back. Argh I would just love to buy it for him. I just don't think I can afford it. Well I can't. Maybe I could buy him a cheaper toy instead. I think that would be a good comprimise.

Oh yesterday I took sooo much to the charity shop! Feels good to have got rid of loads of clothes. Took lots of body butters - I could have filled a paddling pool with the amount I had. So good to have got rid.

Not feeling great about the scales. But after thinking about it, I can sit around and feel sad or I can think that actually I'm going to be proactive about it!

Dating

So was going to have a date on Thursday but this guy is taking too long so yeahh not going to waste time on him.
    Well it's for the best with my bank balance!
    To staying out of debt!
  • Littlebirdie
    Options
    Hello,

Just on my way back from a friend - lovely time. Eaten lots of cake, crisps so running tomorrow.

Money
    Didn't spend crazy amounts. This friend treated me to lunch which was lovely. I think what would be really helpful it to write where I am on my spending:

Eating Out restaurants - £68.62

So my budget is £25! This is not good. Basically no more eating out. Now I do have family coming over which may result in eating out but I'm going to realllllly try and avoid it.

Birthdays/Gifts - £47.12

So my budget is like £20!
    Basically what I'm going to do is take back the majority of gifts I bought for my friends baby shower and take back the gift I got for my nephew - long story short I can't afford it. I'll get something cheaper

Alcohol/Pub - £36.97

My budget is £50 so still writhing budget but I can see this going over if I have a date - very likely. I'm going to hope to save in another area

Eating on the go/ food treats - £23.34

My budget is £25....yup gonna go over this one too. Urgh.

Food week one - £21.25

Okay so saved £8 here! Finally a saving

Travel - £18.90
    My budget here is £50. Hopefully will be well under budget this month. I imagine I'll spend another ~£15 this month.

So I get it. I can totally understand if there are some people reading this going: 'you have more money than sense' - I agree with you. Yup be annoyed with me because I guess what, I'm annoyed with myself!

But you know what, I hate wasting money. I hate being tight as well although finding a balance is the key and I just haven't found that yet. That's life though so not going to dwell on it.

Tomorrow
    Sort out gifts
    Take back kitchenware
    Do a load of washing
    Go for a run

Cashback
    Oh got £2.30 back! Going to put it in my emergency savings account.

Right now to recipth0g

Thanks for reading
    To staying out of debt!
  • Starlighthappiness
    Options
    Keep doing what you are doing. Just by being conscious of what you are spending will help out to make small changes in your lifestyle and eventually you'll find that balance!
  • Littlebirdie
    Options
    Hello

So took back the gift last I got for the babies - saved like £26! I then went and bought a cheaper toy.
    Also got a voucher to for £5 off the shop and then used this to buy my brothers gift so only came to £5. Then got him some small things so totall ~£12 spent on him. I alwas remember the feeling I get when I get presents so I was happy to get him something.

Got the food for the weekend. It's come to ~£40 which is £10 over my weekly budget. I'm trying to be rational about this. My family live abroad and hardly come over. The memories that are made are priceless so as long as I'm not being extortionate (which I'm not) it will be ok. Also I got things like coffee pods and desserts which I never normally get. Got something now in the slow cooker which saved money!

I found a fit bit months and months ago. I tweeted them and they gave me an address to send it back to so the owner could get it. However it was near Christmas and I never go round to it. So I tweeted them again for the address and they said they are not able to return to the sender as they aren't able to identify it. They said to put into a local fitbit store but I said if I could keep it - they said yes! I don't want a Fitbit so I'm going to sell it. I think I'm going to buy the accessories next month and sell it. I'm watching a few on eBay so we shall see as it's the older version.

Going on a date tonight which makes my day super busy but it keeps me hopeful for the future so it's good for me to go. Travel there and back will be ~£6 then say ~£11 for my round of drinks. I said I could only stay out for two and he said the same so that makes it a bit cheaper.

Clothes

I'm so bored of my current clothes. I'm considering next month just going out and putting like ~£100 on my credit card and pay off £50 each month. It's just I go out and I find things I like but get so bogged down on how it's over my budget.

That's all for now - thanks for reading ��
    To staying out of debt!
  • Littlebirdie
    Options
    Thanks Starlight. The thing is I'm always conscious of what I'm spending as I put it all on my little app but don't seem to care if I overspend. Being public about it is what is helping me the most!
    To staying out of debt!
  • Littlebirdie
    Options
    So went out last night - travel costs were ~£7, a round of drinks cost ~£8. Oh and I had
    to spend ~£5 on heel grips for my shoes that came off! I honestly think my days of wearing high heels are done. I was in pain, I couldn't walk and I'm just so over them! Date was also rubbish!

Also done som
    To staying out of debt!
  • Littlebirdie
    Options
    So went out last night - travel costs were ~£7, a round of drinks cost ~£8. Oh and I had
    to spend ~£5 on heel grips for my shoes that came off! I honestly think my days of wearing high heels are done. I was in pain, I couldn't walk and I'm just so over them! Date was also rubbish!

Also done some panic buying this morning. I have been to the supermarket 3 times! First time was because I needed a bigger dish and a jug, second time was for dips and the third was for another broccoli head and drinks. I think I'm just not used to cooking for this many people so planning how much I would need is difficult. So overall all expensive! Im hoping that there will be left overs so can make a big batch of soup and live off that!
    To staying out of debt!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport