Starting over 2017

Options

Comments

• Dorastar
    Dorastar Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bought carrots today and that's it - not been anywhere or done anything other than tidy and shuffle bits of papers. £20 in from surveys and the £14.99 for cancelled conference is being transferred back off credit card into main account. Want to fill up emergency find to £1000 by Friday and then any extra money coming in is going on Mr T's loan, I hate it hanging round our necks. Monthly payment for DS's school residential due tomorrow but apart from that another cheap one tomorrow.
    Mortgage £128,626 going down slowly
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Did you do the baking? I did buns on Sunday but they are all gone now. I wish I was a hollow legged teenager.
  • Dorastar
    Options
    I did snack bars and 30 minute bun recipes 👍
  • Happierdays
    Options
    Just catchung up with everyone Know what u mean about feeding the starving masses! Xx
  • Dorastar
    Options
    Woop two potential interviews coming up in the next few weeks so feeling a bit more positive about life today. £20 food shop done but should see us through till Friday for most meals so pretty pleased with that. Tried some reduced jalapeno burgers for tea, it was nice to try something new, but won't be having them again - nearly died from the heat!
  • Dorastar
    Options
    Another cheap day today £9.36 on food as the menu plan wasn't as good as I thought! Regular payments to loans etc paid so the numbers are reducing slowly and still a few direct debits that can be cancelled. Have been through all our insurances and we are over-covered from when we bought our first house so can dump a couple of them. Still got to chase up some PPI claims that are claiming they don't know anything about us so that's on tomorrow's to-do list as is a quick trip to cash converters to declutter some stuff we don't need at all.
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good luck with the interviews and with those PPI claims. Its always good to go through our bills, even the small ones to see where we can cut back and save those pennies.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • Happierdays
    Options
    Yes ditto good luck with the interviews - hope they come through for you x
  • Dorastar
    Options
    Woke up very late this morning, just. Felt a bit meh so went to get tacos to make for tea and shop had just reduced loads of stuff so got 10 chicken breasts, 4 cod fillets, 2 ready meals & 4 packs of thorntons cakes & taco shells for £10.57 - very happy with my bargains and ready for a new menu plan lol
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,631 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    What is your plan re the mortgage and making payments to repay it? I would suggest you look to address that asap. When was it taken out and why interest only or have you changed to interest only at some point?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback