PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm here monnagran, cringing in the corner because I've had ice cream for 2 days on the trot. I'm going to avoid the scales until I have the weigh in, hopefully I can repair some of the damage by then!
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »
    Has anyone else found that after only a brief period of eating normally it is doubly hard to get back on the straight and narrow?
    I've been ravenous all day. I've sucked peppermints, cleaned my teeth, drunk my water
    eaten my salad, walked a couple of miles and I'm still eyeing the dogs biscuits jealously.
    I don't really know. I eat 'normally' every day. The only times I eat extra is when I go out for a meal (maybe once a month) or on holiday. Then I will often have desert - but not always :D
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    When i eat "normally" I put on weight. If anyone else serves me the portions are lovely but then I am heavier. Yesterday I had 50g spagetti at lunch time, and two slices of bread with soup for dinner. Today I am almost two pounds heavier, despite having been to the gym, and walked 12000 steps.
    It all gets very depressing and annoys the hell out of other people when one declines nice things.
    Currently got a son staying for a few days.
    He wants spag bol for dinner...I'll substitue the pasta for courgettes and green beans for myself.

Have a lively day ,everyone.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm glad its not just me. I know that I wax lyrical about the food I eat, when I do eat, but in all fairness to myself It is no more than most people eat every day.
    I always choose a 'smaller appetite' portion if it's available and if I do give in to a desert it is usually a scoop of ice cream.
    I also walk a fair bit every day whatever else I am doing.
    Nevertheless, 3 days of this and I put on 5 pounds. .DONT PUT THAT DOWN KNITWITCH. I have hopes of losing some of it by tomorrow because it will only be temporary - fingers crossed.

TiredTrophy, I feel your pain.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I was surprised to come home from our holiday the same weight as I left the UK despite having 3 meals a day and not the 2 I normally have here. We were very active, which must burned off any extra intake. I seem to have reached the stable point and am running between 64.5 and 66kilos but am still being sensible about what I do eat every day. I try for soup and cold met for lunch, this week we've got some lovely sweetcorn ready on the allotment so lunches will be that with cold meat and suppers are usually protein of some kind, new/jacket potatoes and lots of steamed veg. We do have puddings but fruit based and sweetened with stevia not sugar, of late I've made berry crumbles with stevia and some crushed digestive biscuits on top for the crumble which works a treat, we have pudding with 0%fat Greek yoghurt or lately Skyr which is also fat free and finish with a small cup of black coffee which seems to tell our brain we're full and don't need to go on eating. I have a piece of chocolate if I want one but stop at one and don't do it every day and if I get the munchies mid afternoon I keep a lovely tub full of dried fruit, nuts and yoghurt coated peanuts and raisins and have a handful of those rather than hit the biscuit barrel. It seems to be working for us, He Who Knows is also finding he's reached stable weight at between 82 and 83 kilos. Keep with it, you'll get there!
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 August 2017 at 9:06AM
    Options
    I've put on gain 5lbs :cry:
    Be gone comfort eating :(
    All in the space of two weeks! :(

Monna the more I eat the more I want to eat and the hungrier I feel.

The more exercise I do, the more healthily I eat and in much smaller portions and in turn feel less hungry, ... :huh:

It's crazy logic but that's how my body works..I'm sure I ain't alone!
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    karcher wrote: »
    I've put on gain 5lbs :cry:
    Be gone comfort eating :(

Monna the more I eat the more I want to eat and the hungrier I feel.

The more exercise I do, the more healthily I eat and in much smaller portions and in turn feel less hungry, ... :huh:
    All in the space of two weeks! :(

It's crazy logic but that's how my body works..I'm sure I ain't alone!

OUCH - seems like a few of us have had a bad week or two!
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Artytarty … 0/14
    Carmen … 12.98/22 :):):):):):):):):):):):)
    CathA … 1/3 :)
    CloughiesBrewerArmy … 5.5/6 :):):):):);)
    Dandy-candy … 0.4/4 :A
    Doveling … +1/9 :(
    Florence J … 3/10 :):):)
    FurryBeastOz … +4.6/13 :(:(:(:(:p
    GDB2222 … 6.54/28.6 :):):):):):);)
    Gresleyrover … 4.8/4 :):):):D;):A
    Karcher … +2/7 :(:(
    Knit Witch … 0/10
    Lynnejk … 3/8 :):):)
    MallyGirl … 1/6 :)
    Monnagran … 5/7 :):):):):)
    Pinknsparkly … 0/5
    RicardaRacoon … 2/9 :):)
    SezzaF … +2/7 :(:(
    Short_bird … 4/10 :):):):)
    SIRENS … 2/8 :):)
    Tea Lady … 4/14 :):):):)
    Tessie bear … +1/11 :(
    TiredTrophy … 0/13
    Weewdy … 15/10 :):):):):):):):):):D:T:T:T:T:T
    Zafiro1984 … 5.25/14 :):):):):):A

4 st 8.87 lb :j:j:j:j :):):):):):):):);):A
    Must use my stash up!
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    sorry to hear of gains it seems hard work at the mo with little /no reward but going to keep trying good luck to everyone xx
    onwards and upwards
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a minuscule 0.2 lbs off which I'm very surprised about as I have fallen off the wagon badly these last 3 days. It probabLy would have been more impressive if I hadn't indulged in naughty things, but I will just have to try harder :j

I've done a two mile walk video thingy and had a late breakfast of branflakes with chopped prunes which my stomach is promising me an afternoon of hell for :rotfl: I only put in 4 which isn't excessive for me at all usually but I haven't had any for a few days so maybe that's why?

Good luck everyone with your weight in :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure