PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• alexmatt
    Options
    hi i am new to this site although i have been following the posts for quite a few months!a few months ago i put in a claim for mis sold ppi on a credit card and various loans ive had with hsbc. i recently recieved a letter stating they have denied the allegatiions of mis sold ppi but are prepared to settle the complaint anyway on this occasion. i have been told they are not responding to the individual amounts i have paid but they are paying me back in compensation!does anyone know if compensation is usually a larger amount? im just anxious to know roughly how much i will recieve?i have had ppi since 2006 on my credit card and on average have paid £20 a month ppi. sorry its a stupid question i know but would be grateful for any info or someone may have experienced the same kind of claim as me?!thanks guys
  • tifosi wrote: »
    Hmmm

hate to be so cynical, but first post?

I smell a rat

:cool:

I did question it, but it had all the workings out including the 8% simple interest, I don't know what else they would owe? What would you do?
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    alexmatt wrote: »
    hi i am new to this site although i have been following the posts for quite a few months!a few months ago i put in a claim for mis sold ppi on a credit card and various loans ive had with hsbc. i recently recieved a letter stating they have denied the allegatiions of mis sold ppi but are prepared to settle the complaint anyway on this occasion. i have been told they are not responding to the individual amounts i have paid but they are paying me back in compensation!does anyone know if compensation is usually a larger amount? im just anxious to know roughly how much i will recieve?i have had ppi since 2006 on my credit card and on average have paid £20 a month ppi. sorry its a stupid question i know but would be grateful for any info or someone may have experienced the same kind of claim as me?!thanks guys

Hi and welcome

Offers of compensation can vary, so depending if your happy with the amount or not and what you feel is fair compared to what you have paid of the amount and so.
    If your not happy with the offer, have they given the final response on this, or have they given you the opportunity to forward further info in order for them to reconsider a higher amount? (or put you back in the position as if you did not have ppi)?
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • taren
    taren Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,
    • What were you reclaiming: Credit Card
    • Who was the provider: MBNA
    • How much did you get back: £653.56
    • Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: Email
    • And then write your brief reclaim tale
    I've been a lurker on these forums for a while now, started a few years back looking for advice on debts, and had my light bulb moment (LBM) way back then, and if it wasn't for these forums, I really think I could have lost the lot, house, job, etc etc, anyhow back to the reason for me plucking up the courage to make this post. I'm posting to encourage others - to, " do it now and dont ever give up ".

I also started looking at my numerous credit cards and loans over the years, and managed to find a few credit card statements with PPi on them, I have posted out two PPI questionnaires forms to Lloyds and Barclays, still work in progress. Grrrr

But the MBNA as detailed above have said a cheque is on its way, I am well chuffed, I had almost given up on all three, the original email was sent early July and since then I have had a couple of emails back, and then today I recieved a letter stating the below

" Following a review of your complaint I have identified that MBNA acquired your account from HSBC, and that the sale of PPI was made by them prior to MBNA becoming your service provider. When your account was transfered to MBNA new policy terns abd conditions were issued to you and you were given the oppourtunity to cancel your policy, should the new terms and conditions not meet your requirements. However, as a gesture of goodwill, I have arranged a refund of the premiums and associated intrest that have been charged by MBNA since the date of transfer to be made in line with the calculations set out below".

Total PPI Charges £399.55
    Total Intrest associated with PPI £93.31
    8% amount £160.70
    Total £653.56

This credit card went back to 2006, and not sure if many have had success with MBNA hence why I have posted, I would like to give huge thanks to di3004, amersall, the marksman and all the people who post in here, you are all truly wonderful and without your positiveness I would have given up.

Thank you
    LBM NOV 2010 DEBT YEARLY PROGRESS | 2009 £77k | 2010 £72k | 2011 £51k | 2012 £40k | DEBT FREE [STRIKE]AUGUST[/STRIKE] July 2013? - CURRENT DEBT TOTAL £0.00
    Debts - | Lloyds CC [STRIKE]£13,881 £0.00[/STRIKE]| Lloyds Loan [STRIKE]£14,663£0.00[/STRIKE]| Opus CC[STRIKE] £570 £0.00 [/STRIKE]| Mint [STRIKE]£513 £0.00 [/STRIKE]| Coop [STRIKE]£1848 £0.00 [/STRIKE]| Barclaycard CC[STRIKE] £6,399 £0.00[/STRIKE]| Barclaycard/Egg CC £5470 £0.00 | Overdraft [STRIKE]£1000 £0.00.[/STRIKE]
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    taren wrote: »
    Hi all,
    • What were you reclaiming: Credit Card
    • Who was the provider: MBNA
    • How much did you get back: £653.56
    • Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: Email
    • And then write your brief reclaim tale
    I've been a lurker on these forums for a while now, started a few years back looking for advice on debts, and had my light bulb moment (LBM) way back then, and if it wasn't for these forums, I really think I could have lost the lot, house, job, etc etc, anyhow back to the reason for me plucking up the courage to make this post. I'm posting to encourage others - to, " do it now and dont ever give up ".

I also started looking at my numerous credit cards and loans over the years, and managed to find a few credit card statements with PPi on them, I have posted out two PPI questionnaires forms to Lloyds and Barclays, still work in progress. Grrrr

But the MBNA as detailed above have said a cheque is on its way, I am well chuffed, I had almost given up on all three, the original email was sent early July and since then I have had a couple of emails back, and then today I recieved a letter stating the below

" Following a review of your complaint I have identified that MBNA acquired your account from HSBC, and that the sale of PPI was made by them prior to MBNA becoming your service provider. When your account was transfered to MBNA new policy terns abd conditions were issued to you and you were given the oppourtunity to cancel your policy, should the new terms and conditions not meet your requirements. However, as a gesture of goodwill, I have arranged a refund of the premiums and associated intrest that have been charged by MBNA since the date of transfer to be made in line with the calculations set out below".

Total PPI Charges £399.55
    Total Intrest associated with PPI £93.31
    8% amount £160.70
    Total £653.56

This credit card went back to 2006, and not sure if many have had success with MBNA hence why I have posted, I would like to give huge thanks to di3004, amersall, the marksman and all the people who post in here, you are all truly wonderful and without your positiveness I would have given up.

Thank you

Well done and Congratulations:T:beer::j
    And your very welcome.:A;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • caely19
    Options
    Loan, LTSB , £2098, from a claim company. Got a loan, of £5k.. in 04, from LTSB, + paid it back Sept 06, and I worked part time.In Dec 06, I was made redundant. help from a claim company. I got £2098. + agreed to to pay 25% for the privelage, which was a shock. Even worse was the 20% VAT, £104+ that they expect me to pay, leaving me with only £1468!! Does anyone know whether VAT is allowed to be added to this? I now feel ripped off.
  • caely19
    Options
    Sorry words missing.... should have read as ...With the 'help' from a claim company, who rang me earlier this year. I got £2098. I never thought it was worth the bother claiming the PPI, + didn't believe that I'd get anything.
  • tifosi
    tifosi Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 August 2011 at 10:18AM
    Options
    caely19 wrote: »
    Loan, LTSB , £2098, from a claim company. Got a loan, of £5k.. in 04, from LTSB, + paid it back Sept 06, and I worked part time.In Dec 06, I was made redundant. help from a claim company. I got £2098. + agreed to to pay 25% for the privelage, which was a shock. Even worse was the 20% VAT, £104+ that they expect me to pay, leaving me with only £1468!! Does anyone know whether VAT is allowed to be added to this? I now feel ripped off.

Hi,

Yes, the VAT is normal for CMC's - if they turnover more than £72k/year they are required by law to register for VAT and charge it

You say the 25% was a shock, did you sign T and C's stating the 25% + VAT charges prior to them starting the claim?

:(
    -

Congratulations to all who have got their PPI back!

:T
  • nikkilala_2
    nikkilala_2 Posts: 9,872 Forumite
    edited 21 August 2011 at 8:40AM
    Options
    GOOG GOOD GOOD Morning guys, I am so excited that I think I will burst. Just been to my mums to pick up some mail and my offer letter was there from LLOYDS. I can't believe it but wanted to quickly post to give everyone who's with LLoyds all hope that you may well get your offers before 31st August which is what I was told by them.
    My offer is for £2,800 and is for a loan from 2000. The loan was for £15,000 with ppi of about £1100 but I'm going to post all the figures later so as some kind person might be able to check them for me, but I am sure they are about right.
    Thank you so much to everyone on here for all your help because without all of you I would seriously never have done it, I'm not naming anyone because so many of the regulars helped me and spurred me on.
    Thanks again guys
    Nikki x
    Beware!!!! Glitching is addictive:rotfl:
  • patricia50
    patricia50 Posts: 264 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    nikkilala wrote: »
    GOOG GOOD GOOD Morning guys, I am so excited that I think I will burst. Just been to my mums to pick up some mail and my offer letter was there from LLOYDS. I can't believe it but wanted to quickly post to give everyone who's with LLoyds all hope that you may well get your offers before 31st August which is what I was told by them.
    My offer is for £2,800 and is for a loan from 2000. The loan was for £15,000 with ppi of about £1100 but I'm going to post all the figures later so as some kind person might be able to check them for me, but I am sure they are about right.
    Thank you so much to everyone on here for all your help because without all of you I would seriously never have done it, I'm not naming anyone because so many of the regulars helped me and spurred me on.
    Thanks again guys
    Nikki x

Great to hear some good news about Lloyds, gives those of us waiting to hear from them some hope. Well done :j:j:j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback