PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• sunny8_2
    sunny8_2 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Options
    Topkapi wrote: »
    My claim was received by RBS on 2nd September 2010 and still not heard anything despite several phone calls. Just get quoted "we have until Aug 31st to respond to your claim". They have also told me they are working through them in date order which does not seem to be correct as I have read of several successful claims which have been made in 2011.

Hi, My OH has had his in with the FOS since feb 2010, he got a letter from the claims company( as we didnt know about this then :-( ) saying that they have upheld on the 29th July 1011...we have rang the bank, FOS & claims company and no one seem to know what they are doing...its just a case of sitting tight for the 8 weeks im afraid.

When i spoke to the FOS, they said that even though the claim has been with them nearly 18 mnths, it still hadn't been seen by an adjudicator - it was Natwest that got in touch with the FOS to say they uphold it, or otherwise, it would still be sitting there...he also said to me that they are in date order and i believe it as we have one in with the FOS with halfax since Jan 2010 & that still is in the que :eek:

Keep the faith... and good luck:) xx
  • PIP1966_2
    PIP1966_2 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Just had a thought about the person who had £6k dropped into her account. Seeing as she has a Barclays account, all they need to do is similar to a branch transfer and not a payment to another account via BACS. Perhaps they want to keep their existing customers happy? What do you think?
  • sunny8_2
    sunny8_2 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Options
    Scotty1.7 wrote: »
    Further update for you all

Co-Op Still on going but has till till the 20 of september.

Welcome Finance no response yet to the letter going into them.

MBNA- the magic word UPHELD. They advised they are upholding all claims and will advise the full redress and re payment asap (8 weeks is the quoted time but the chap n the phone did say they were going through them a little quicker.)

Not sure what the amount back will be but its all good

Hi Scott, Congratulations:T
    Did MBNA say they are upholding All claims or just your claims??
    Just i have seen a couple on here that have been told to go to the FOS. Oh i do hope so.. i have a cc claim & loan!!:p
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    PIP1966 wrote: »
    Just had a thought about the person who had £6k dropped into her account. Seeing as she has a Barclays account, all they need to do is similar to a branch transfer and not a payment to another account via BACS. Perhaps they want to keep their existing customers happy? What do you think?
    Very possibly, but I think in the post the person was saying it was an old account, but obviously still active as in being open. I wish they would do this with everyone for the repayments, it saves getting the cheque and then having to wait 4 days or whatever for it to clear, lol, I could get it into one account and pay all my debts from it in an instant!:D
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • only_mee
    only_mee Posts: 2,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    smitchy73 wrote: »
    then having to wait 4 days

Then want to keep hold of it for as long as they can lol
  • chrismargrett
    Options
    Hi, Im new to all this, but about 2 months ago I made a claim for PPI to HSBC, I got a letter back today stating they are offering me £232 but they do not accept the allegations I made of mis selling but are prepared to settle the complaint.
    But the original figure with the loan was £290.16 and this loan was took out 6 years ago. The figures in the letter are as follows

Original Loan protection premium £290.16
    Term of Loan 24 Months
    APR of Loan 16.9%
    PPI Premium Redress £146
    Plus taxable interest at 8% £75
    Plus early repayment costs inlcuding 8% interest £11

OFFER £232

Is this HSBC trying to "fob" me off with a reduced figure although im entitled to more? Have they tried this tactic with others?

BAring in mind I defaulted on the loan and it was passed to a collection agency, but I did eventually pay back the amount through the collection agency. Whether that is relevant Im not sure, any help would be appreciated. Thank you
  • smitchy73
    Options
    only_mee wrote: »
    Then want to keep hold of it for as long as they can lol
    Hope we're talking about money here, lol:D:A
  • only_mee
    only_mee Posts: 2,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    smitchy73 wrote: »
    Hope we're talking about money here, lol:D:A

You can read into that whatever you wish, i take no responsibility ;)
  • smitchy73
    Options
    only_mee wrote: »
    You can read into that whatever you wish, i take no responsibility ;)
    lmao:D:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::D
  • ebayg1rl
    ebayg1rl Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Dizzywytch wrote: »
    Santander - Evans Card
    Has anyone had any dealings with Santander? I sent them the questionaire and they've responding by sending me a copy of the form I filled in instore in 2003 which does show that I signed for PPI. They have also said that there was a 30 cooling off period and therefore they are not upholding my complaint.
    I clearly remember that when I was filling in the form I was instructed simply to sign here, here and here etc. and have always thought that the PPI was compulsary. On looking at the form says 'and don't forget to take out account cover for your peace of mind' which to me seems a leading statement.
    Do I still have a claim? If so, what is the next step?
    Lisa

Hi Dizzywytch, You are in a similar position to me regardings Evans.

My card is from 1995 and was used regularly to 2006. They sent me a copy of the signed agreement back in october 2009 when I first complained to santander about PPI (on the grounds that I was told to "sign here and here" and I didn't know PPI was on the card). They didn't uphold at that time as they said I'd signed the form. I felt very disheartened and didn't take it further.

In May 2011 I found this website and forum and resubmitted my complaint to Santander (on the grounds that the application form has a big sections not filled-in which includes occupation and employment status, there is a big "A" written in this section by the store staff which I know to mean "approved", and that I wasn't asked if I wanted/needed it.)

In June 2011 it was rejected as it had been previously investigated - so after a formal letter or two about complaining on different grounds etc, it has been "final responsed".

I am now waiting for the beginning of September when I will forward it on to the FOS as I reckon that big chunks of the FOS backlog will disappear, what with Barclays promises to pay-up and various other institutions looking to payout and get rid of the problem. I know it won't be quick but I know that with this forum I have the support and confidence (backed by this forum) that I didn't have previously.:money::money::money::money::money::money::money::money::money::money::money::money::money:

Don't let it rest - it's your money so go and get it back (its a very nice feeling!!) ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback