PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 21st January 2019

Options

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    WM is on, I have WULTD and the DW has been emptied and is now running a clean.
    I am out later today for a quick lunch with some friends from my old job. I’m hoping the ice and other unpleasant weather will have sorted itself out by then as I have a bit of a drive to get there.
    I keep thinking of lots of small jobs that I need to do, so I think a list is in order or I am going to forget them. I also really need to do some bits from yesterday’s list as well as today’s. First I need DD out the door and to not miss the bus.
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Weekend ended with a phone call to let me know that DS's aunt (on his dad's side) has taken her own life. Such a shock.
    And breathe....

After a full, and full-on :eek:, day at work yesterday I came in, got changed and set my timer for 30 minutes.

Then I:
    WUDUPA a bowl of 'pots' (lunch boxes / drinks bottles mainly)
    WUDUPA pans and frying pan
    laundry shuffle

and that just leaves the baking trays to wash :D

My kitchen is starting to make me smile - still a long way to go though.

I'm going to feed the birds and put out the rubbish / recycling then it's heigh-ho, heigh-ho again for me. ( I do hope it's q-worder today!)

I'll be calling to see Dad after work but hope to get something done tonight. We'll see how the day goes.

Love to all

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. Hugs and spoons where needed.

I know that I should be catching up on kitchen jobs today but can't seem to summon up the enthusiasm at the moment. Need to keep on top of dailies and walk dogs too. Maybe the VERY fresh air will help.

I have however got together most of what I need to make lasagne for tea tonight. Just need to buy an onion (or more) from the farm on the way back from exercise class later.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,778 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

So far WM, TD & DW x1.

Last night I took ages to warm up so brought a hot water bottle to bed... bliss.

Plan for today is to do yesterday and today's list. I also want to catch up with ironing. And bed changing. But first I need to deal with the grey while I have the house, and therefore the bathroom, to myself.

Roundtuit, what a shock...and such sadness. Condolences to you.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :wave:

Round, I am so sorry to hear your sad news - so difficult for your DS (((Hugs)))

No snow here but a heavy frost.

I worked for 2 hours late yesterday evening and another 1.5 hours this morning and demolished a large frog off my Toots list :D

My RoD is slowly getting tidier :)

Today:
    - SW
    - Phonecalls
    - Home visit
    - Rosie's walk
    - as much of today's list as possible
    - then more in the RoD

Spoons in the kitchen and sticks on the lawn - please help yurselves x
  • Valli
    Options
    It's snowing...huge white flakes and I'm snug and warm in bed!
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Jazee
    Options
    No snow here but think we're kinda low down. Anyway, I cleaned the fridge inside and out and did a meal plan based around what is in there. DH even said - yes, chorizo and soft cheese omelette sounds lovely - so result there!

Just having my cuppa and will then walk the dogs. Ironing to do, but not a lot of it, when I get back.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    Options
    Hugs to you, Round. And to your DS.
    Well done, Iona, on your fantastic progress.

The car is still covered in thick ice but the sky is a brilliant blue. We are so high that I think we are above the snow clouds! Usually that means that we get any snow going. I hate it, so the longer it stays away the better.

I’ve been on a mission this morning, so level 1 from yesterday has been done, bathrooms are gleaming, and all floors duly swept and mopped. I was going to give up part way through but the shame of not getting on top of it when I’m actually at home was too much!
    I’ve just stopped for a quick coffee then I need to find something half way decent but warm to wear for lunch out, and to get my bad weather bag in the boot of the car. Funnily enough the only thing in it so far is chocolate ;)
  • Valli
    Options
    Anyone up for a HHC at 10:30?

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Jazee
    Options
    I was walking the dogs at 10.30 Valli how did you get on.

Ironing still not done here but I've made progress with some paperwork and groomed DH!

Having a quick lunch, there might be time for ironing before I go out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport