GB Energy Supply reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• JohntyRingwood
    Options
    Just signed up to GB Energy. Well impressed with the customer service 10/10 the Sales lady explained everything. Even that the direct debit is set up on a date in advance, but once account is opened you can go online to your account and change the date of your direct debit to suit yourself. They answered the call within 40 seconds. I've changed suppliers about 8 times over the years and this is the best service I've ever had. I know that they are at present trying to grow the business so, it needs to be good. But as she explained there are no exit fees or contract or fixed period and if the service is poor or prices go up, you're free to leave. However, she explained that they want loyalty from the new customers. My change over is in 3 weeks so I'll keep you posted on that.
  • DaveyAlrow
    Options
    Be warned GB Energy steal a payment from your bank account BEFORE you are a customer then hide behind Ofgem Rules what POO its like Tescos asking for £75 as you go through the door before you buy anything.
  • Super_Stomper
    Options
    The savings on this account look amazing. I don't actually mind paying my DD before I get started, but I don't like that if the website won't allow me to see regular statements after I've submitted meter readings I will only get one statement a year. I dropped out of SP because they would only raise 6-monthly statements. I like to keep on top of my bills and expect to see at least quarterly bills/statements on line. For that reason I won't be switching yet.
  • ph80
    ph80 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I have to say I am a bit worried about this now.

I have decided to leave Spark Energy who have been a nightmare with bills! They have increased my DD again, always get my bills wrong and tell me I owe them when they owe me. Their bills and online 'transactions' system don't tally up. I spoke with them and asked why they have just hiked up my DD by £30 a month and they tell me it is because of my estimated increased energy usage over the next 6 months. I pointed out that it's coming up to Summer and they said it will put me in credit, so there's no need to worry!

I was hoping that GB Energy Supply were going to be better as they are small right now! i have to say that communication to date has been OK (although i''m still waiting for my website login details). I'm not bothered about paying my DD upfront so long as they don't behave like Spark Energy! Luckily there's no exit fee so they have 3 months to impress me or i'll just move again!
  • sidbee
    sidbee Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ph80 wrote: »

I was hoping that GB Energy Supply were going to be better as they are small right now! i have to say that communication to date has been OK (although i''m still waiting for my website login details). I'm not bothered about paying my DD upfront so long as they don't behave like Spark Energy! Luckily there's no exit fee so they have 3 months to impress me or i'll just move again!

Snap!

Welcome pack received by email within hours of signing up, followed by a welcome letter in the post and a couple of everything-is-going-OK emails during the switch period. Then an email from them today, the switch day, asking me for an opening meter reading to be given online using the login details sent to me. Fine, but they have not sent me login details, so I tried to give opening reading by telephone. Gave up after holding for 15 minutes. Terrible, I won't be staying with them for long if things are going downhilll with their admin. already. I have now emailed them to ask for login data to be sent to me so I can give the reading without having to waste even more time holding a phone playing annoying music at me. Not impressed.
    sidbee
  • sidbee
    sidbee Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DaveyAlrow wrote: »
    Be warned GB Energy steal a payment from your bank account BEFORE you are a customer then hide behind Ofgem Rules what POO its like Tescos asking for £75 as you go through the door before you buy anything.

Agreed it is unwelcome, but they don't try to hide it. It is quite clear from the details given on their website.
    sidbee
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    I too was asked for readings but not been given a login, rang up and they haven't switched my electric only gas, said login would be emailed but nothing as yet
  • Ginky2
    Ginky2 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    All seemed to be going well with the transfer, prompt acknowledgements/letters about the switch (despite the DD going out before the start of supply) all seemed to be going well until we were asked to give the meter readings using log in information in the email they sent, what email? As we are in the process of switching called the switching helpline, which was answered in seconds, but then told I had rung the wrong number as a customer I had to call customer service, they couldn't even put me through. Now been on the phone for 24 minutes holding to speak to customer service. Very very poor - about to hang up and switch elsewhere! Was moving from Ovo to save money, their customer service was great, even when we spoke to them about leaving, lesson learnt!
  • CompoundInterest
    Options
    GB Energy customer service appears to be as bad as NPower. They send me emails asking me to supply a meter reading, but the website is completely nonfunctional. In Firefox the digits can't be seen. In Chrome the button to submit the reading does nothing. In IE the submit button always comes back with "There was a problem. Please call us on". But they don't answer the phone either!
  • notyetdead
    notyetdead Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 27 May 2015 at 5:50PM
    Options
    Be careful, this company not only takes their first monthly DD 4 weeks before your service starts - which means in reality that unlike mainline suppliers, you will already be 4 x monthly DD's out of pocket before your first quarterly bill is due. To me, this completely negates any possible savings, however, as it is no contract, I am starting the switch to another company ASAP. Also note, their customer service is all but non existent. It has taken them 13 days to send a response to my email.
    They ask me to send a reading using the login details they supplied - they have not supplied anything, only taken my money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure