I want to stop drowning

Options

Comments

• debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Cumbria,

I don't feel I can do volunteering now as I'd have to pay childcare plus part of my mental health issue is not coping if I feel too busy. I'm still doing my online business and have the ad hoc job. I also want to do some studying.

Hope you had a lovely Easter.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The online business I had forgotten about , that is definitely enough to be going on with.

You know yourself best , so you must do what is right for you.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    If you log onto halifxx internet banking, there will be a 'cashback extras' tab, activate the offers and when you use your card it will be applied and you'll get the cashback eventually.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Thanks so much , I didn't know anything about that so will do that now. I do have visaoffers but they are not that great.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    debtaghh wrote: »
    Thanks enthusiasticsaver. How's early retirement going?

I def feel my frugal hat is back on and I've been reading blogs all morning. Up until the other day I wanted to go away for my wedding anniversary but it would have cost over £200 ( old me would have just booked it) but I didn't. There is no way I want to WASTE that on 24 hours of fun to then have six months of depression!

Good pass on the night away. As you say the feeling of guilt when you spend on something you have not budgeted for takes all the pleasure out of it. No one is saying you cannot ever go away but use your holiday savings for it. Not sure if you have separate pots for saving or just one but I found splitting savings into emergencies, car and house and holidays was the way to go.

Early retirement is great thanks although I have spent this morning at soft play with my 2 year old DGD and doing painting with her this afternoon. My DD is 8 months pregnant with her 2nd DD so her and my son in law need all the rest they can get ;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Good pass on the night away. As you say the feeling of guilt when you spend on something you have not budgeted for takes all the pleasure out of it. No one is saying you cannot ever go away but use your holiday savings for it. Not sure if you have separate pots for saving or just one but I found splitting savings into emergencies, car and house and holidays was the way to go.

Early retirement is great thanks although I have spent this morning at soft play with my 2 year old DGD and doing painting with her this afternoon. My DD is 8 months pregnant with her 2nd DD so her and my son in law need all the rest they can get ;)

Glad you're enjoying it and I'm sure your dd appreciates the rest.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

So far I've had 2nsd this month and I'm hoping today will be another one. We are visiting friends but I have bits to take with me.

I've checked the accounts and they are all ok ( if I can ever call them ok ;)

My aim was to lose half a stone in March. I lost 5lbs which I'm pleased with.

I would like my aim to be to get the ccs under 40k by December. If I could do it before then that would be even better but I'm also focusing on saving.

Have a lovely frugal day.
  • Honeybug
    Honeybug Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Just wanted to pop by and say hello. I have just finished reading your diary. I am making my way through as many as i can as i find them inspirational and fascinating.

I struggled to follow all the balance/money transfers so am pleased you are no longer doing these. Enthusiatic managed to keep a track which was great.

Keep going, I know it must feel like a mountain but every step you take is one less you have to make. If that makes sense?

I would really encourage you to check out your local childrens centre, if you have one. In our area they run groups (just a donation of a £1 or so) for mums and toddlers, CAB surgeries for advice, healthy eating courses, and lots of other things. The staff are always available to talk - sometimes when you are feeling low a friendly face and a welcoming environment can make all the difference.

Keep going. I will follow your progress but have only just started posting so tend not to put my tuppence worth in to often!! :rotfl:
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You sound more positive than a week or so ago so that is great. Getting below £40k by December would be awesome. Congrats on weight loss and NSD.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Honeybug wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wanted to pop by and say hello. I have just finished reading your diary. I am making my way through as many as i can as i find them inspirational and fascinating.

I struggled to follow all the balance/money transfers so am pleased you are no longer doing these. Enthusiatic managed to keep a track which was great.

Keep going, I know it must feel like a mountain but every step you take is one less you have to make. If that makes sense?

I would really encourage you to check out your local childrens centre, if you have one. In our area they run groups (just a donation of a £1 or so) for mums and toddlers, CAB surgeries for advice, healthy eating courses, and lots of other things. The staff are always available to talk - sometimes when you are feeling low a friendly face and a welcoming environment can make all the difference.

Keep going. I will follow your progress but have only just started posting so tend not to put my tuppence worth in to often!! :rotfl:

Thanks for reading my diary! I know what you mean about the steps... just need reminding at times!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback