I want to stop drowning

Options

Comments

• debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    More than £5k paid off since October. Edging closer to your £40k target on the credit cards. Well done on reserving the book from the library rather than buying it.

Lots of people rave about the Aldi baby event so presumably lots of bargains. I will check that out sometime. My daughter giving birth to our second granddaughter today :)

Thanks.

I definitely recommend the Aldi baby event.

Hope everything goes well today.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    I was just wondering if anyone has used a company called new skills academy? They have a course I like through Groupon.
  • One-step-at-a-time
    Options
    No experience of them I'm afraid, but if you're interested in doing some courses, have you come across Futurelearn? They host free online courses provided by various Universities with optional test sections which are the only bits that require payment. All sorts of subjects from languages to screenwriting to digital media to sciences. Some have time-limited access, some are available for as long as you want.
    Debt-free August 21, Mortgage-neutral April 24
  • debtaghh
    Options
    No experience of them I'm afraid, but if you're interested in doing some courses, have you come across Futurelearn? They host free online courses provided by various Universities with optional test sections which are the only bits that require payment. All sorts of subjects from languages to screenwriting to digital media to sciences. Some have time-limited access, some are available for as long as you want.

Thanks so much. I'll take a look.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you needed to fly away.

My daughter always gets things at the Aldi baby event and stocks up until the next one.

I was thinking of you yesterday, I would like to move to somewhere with my own outside space , but currently where I am rental prices have gone up so much . However if I relocate to the area I work it is much more affordable. It's a dilemma, but I am just looking at the moment.

Have a good weekend, you have done great paying of so much in the past few months.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

We are still not sure what to do about relocating as it will be very far for my dh to get to work. It looks like we have to move out within a few months. I feel really fed about this as we like where we live and don't want to move.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

Still feeling deflated about the move and I think a part of this is due to the cost. We will end up paying more rent, have to buy a second car and the move itself will cost due to admin fees, van hire etc. I honestly don't know how we are going to afford this. I will def need to be extra frugal! My food spend doesn't feel as bad as last month but will work it out properly at the end of the month. My entertainment spends feels awful! I need to learn to not agree to go to every celebration we get invited to as it costs too much money!
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,619 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry you will have to move after all. It definitely sounds like it will be expensive and getting a second car sounds unaffordable for you. Be selective about the things you accept.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    I'm feeling really stressed out about this house move business. Me and dh have had a row over relocating , he now doesn't seem keen which is fine but I wish he had told me before wasting my time! There is hardly anything in our area. The ones that are there are not very nice and more rent! We are going to end up paying over £100 per month more than now!
  • sbgriseum
    Options
    what is your business, sorry if I missed it somewhere.
    Can you exchange the holiday for a cheaper one, or sell the holiday.

I am not sure what debt amount you are in, but being on the forum really really helps.

Also not sure how old the children are, this obviosuly makes a big difference on things I know i had three and was self employe so i could manage the holidays.

Your husbnad works shifts is there an alternative that would give set finish times , this would be brilliant as you could get part time work. Its not just down to you. Do you know other young mums/dads presume you do can you do swaps for child care so each can work a little I know a friend of mine did this, 'so free' other than the other child to feed!

Just ideas, its brilliant that you are on the forum, it really helped me and I am now dong so much better and you will too, think second hand think home grown/ home made. Walk don't drive the kids love it when young.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback