Littlefred's bid for mortgage freedom!

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello littlefred! Saw you on PP's thread and describing yourself as a returner, so I pootled over to your diary to have a look :) and even if you go away/stop posting, many kudos to you for carrying on coming back, and keeping up some of the habits anyway. All good :)

The new job and the much smaller commute sound excellent - giving away your life is no joke, I've made a few mistakes about that in my time :o Cutting out volunteering that really doesn't speak to you any more is the same thing. You mentioned your weight, and more holidays, and I bet you find it easier to get healthier/have more of what you want, now that you're not overworking/overcommuting/overvolunteering.

Seconding the artex issue :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • littlefred169
    Options
    Thanks Karmcat - you're right things are starting to go in the direction I want now and everything seems that bit easier.

10p TT today

cut the grass

chopped down some more branches in the garden but the rest are too high so I'll have to see if someone is free to hold the ladder for me as the ground isn't even but I did manage to fill my green bin

went to my first pilates class - I'm hurting already so I'm dreading what I'll be like in the morning!

sorted out the bins and recycling

almost managed to leave work on time which is unusual for a late shift but funnily enough the commute is better at that time of night...
    Original MF Date = July 2034
    Current MF Date = July 2025
    Target = April 2025
  • littlefred169
    Options
    £1 TT today but not much else happened. Going from a late to a day normally tires me out and I really haven't felt like much so I caught up with some tv shows and had a lovely bag of chocolate buttons. Off to bed as I'm off to work tomorrow, night all
    Target = April 2025
  • littlefred169
    Options
    £1 TT today (well yesterday now!) I was at work in the day and I was on call tonight and actually got called in so I've just got home. A lie in is definitely called for! Night all.
    Target = April 2025
  • littlefred169
    Options
    As it's pay day tomorrow I've cleared my account and have a surprising amount of money left. Not having as many takeaways seems to be paying off!! So £73 to the mortgage, £71 to the wish list, £71 EF and £71 to holibobs.

I've managed to do a load of washing today

Hopefully finished the touching up of the white paint on the ceiling

Put my light ceiling rose back up in the bedroom

Made a macaroni cheese or rather a predominantly penne cheese as I had a lot less macaroni than I thought!
    Target = April 2025
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Great residual funds to be splitting out. Well done :)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • littlefred169
    Options
    Thanks KK

Yesterday was pay day and so the money shuffle :) So the standard overpayment £111 has gone to the mortgage.

Today a TT of 54p

Not much achieved so far today as I didn't get home until 0145 and then had to wind down so as lay in was definitely called for!
    Target = April 2025
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Happy pay day LF:j. I love a money shuffle :D
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • littlefred169
    Options
    Thanks PP :)

53p TT yesterday and £1 today

I've managed to

sort out receipts

give blood

and not a lot else as my late was crazy on Wednesday and it took me forever to wind down so I was a tad dopey yesterday!
    Target = April 2025
  • littlefred169
    Options
    oops the weekend disappeared!

I spent most of Saturday taking doors down to sand them and taking the hinges off as I'm not sure the last time any part of the door and door frames were sanded. Needless to say there were some awkward sods and and eventually I managed to get all but 1 out which unfortunately has snapped in the door frame but I'm not too worried as one of my doors was only held on by 3 screw instead of 9 :eek:

Sunday was going to the football and my lovely mother painted some of my walls in my bedroom for me although I couldn't be bothered to put my bed back together by the time I got home so I slept on the sofa.

Before work today I finished off the sanding of the doors that I've taken off so far and have also sanded the frames and my mum came around to do some more painting. I'm so lucky to have such a lovely and helpful mum :)

23p TT on Saturday, £10 lottery win to the mortgage on Sunday, 55p TT today. I also looked at my data usage with my mobile and I've managed to downgrade my deals as I haven't been using so much data since I changed jobs.

Hopefully I manage to get out of work at some point today although it's not looking likely.
    Target = April 2025
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills