Littlefred's bid for mortgage freedom!

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• littlefred169
    Options
    £1 TT for me today

I've just got home from my friend's house where 3 of us met and one of them I haven't seen for a while so that was a few good hours chatting and of course it was free!

Consequently I haven't achieved anything else!
    Original MF Date = July 2034
    Current MF Date = July 2025
    Target = April 2025
  • littlefred169
    Options
    I've been just a tad rubbish at this, need to do better! I hope everyone had a good Christmas and new year:xmassmile:xmassmile

Literally 10 minutes after my last post my mum rang me to say that she'd called an ambulance for my dad as he'd had another 'turn'. So ensues another night in hospital and they still don't seem to have an answer for him! The advice when he left was to see the GP in a month!! So I have the talk with dad and say you’re not leaving it a bl@@dy month before you go and see your GP and thankfully he agreed although it doesn't seem to of helped.

All doors have been sanded, painted and rehung and that took a lot longer than I anticipated and I only finished on the 27th December! However, all doors now shut properly and look nice.

On the money side of things, I have continued to TT and overpay the mortgage and split and remaining money at the end of the month. I also started on call in December and because our pay roll can’t cope with us being paid different rates for on call I now have another assignment number but what it does mean is that it gets paid separately and so I split it up and save/overpay on payday without any calculations as it will change every month depending on how frequently I’m called in. I need to find some time and see if I can set some realistic targets for myself.
    Target = April 2025
  • littlefred169
    Options
    70p TT yesterday and 77p TT today

Absolutely shattered today so it will be an early night tonight!
    Target = April 2025
  • littlefred169
    Options
    My professional body fees came out on Friday is I've split the excess from my savings pot for them between the 3 other pots and overpaying the mortgage. 50p TT today.

Also very peeved that they want to raise out professional registration fees (different to those above) by 18% meaning a rise of £40 in the last 5 years! It's not like we have a choice about these as we have to be registered to work!
    Target = April 2025
  • littlefred169
    Options
    I've continued with the TT and I managed to overpay my on call money on payday which was more sizeable than the last one thanks to being in on Christmas day. I'm off to lunch with mum today and then hopefully I'll get some weeding done if it doesn't rain this afternoon.
    Target = April 2025
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills