Coventry BS Regular Saver

Options
Hi,

Considering opening a Coventry Building Society Regular Saver.

Could anyone advise if you can manage the account online? i.e do they send you online login details and then you can login and check balance etc? On the website it says to open & manage but the list seems more geared towards how you can open the account and not too much on managing i.e can you view the balance and check that when you make a payment,it has arrived in the account.

Currently considering this and to then stop by other regular saver which matures in Jan as this one allows more money to be paid in, previously I had 2 as couldn't pay what i wanted into one.

Many thanks!

Kev

Comments

• madlyn
    madlyn Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I opened one last Month, I did mine online and manage it online.
    I cannot remember exactly but somethings you create at the time of opening and others are sent through the post and all arrived within 3/4 days.
    A very simple process.
    SPC 037
  • typistretired
    Options
    Yes you can apply online and also if they open an account for you can also view and maintain online. It is a long time since I originally joined but they will give you all details on opening.

Have you looked at the 2 new Principality BS Reg Savers too?
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • kev2009
    kev2009 Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks both, sounds good so far.

Yes, i had a look at the Principality BS Regular savers but the Coventry is paying more and the Christmas one is a low amount to pay in so seems not worth it for approx £20 interest.

Coventry is looking favourable at the moment, going to look over it again and then decide what to do.

Thanks

Kev
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What interest rate are they offering ?

what is the maximum pay in ?
  • kev2009
    Options
    Principality Christmas RS is 2.7% fixed but only £125 month pay in.
    There normal is 2% fixed, £500 a month pay in.

Coventry is 2.5% variable, £500 a month pay in.

Kev
  • kev2009
    Options
    Hi,

So i applied to Coventry BS about 1 week ago now and I have not received any letter through the post. After completing online, it said they would send me a copy of the application form to sign and return and would advise also if any ID was required. I've not received anything so far, any idea how long it takes to get the form to sign and return?

Thanks

Kev
  • ctdctd
    ctdctd Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    kev2009 wrote: »
    Hi,

So i applied to Coventry BS about 1 week ago now and I have not received any letter through the post. After completing online, it said they would send me a copy of the application form to sign and return and would advise also if any ID was required. I've not received anything so far, any idea how long it takes to get the form to sign and return?

When I applied for mine, I got the first of many letters within a couple of working days.
    If you applied a full week ago and your post is normally reliable, I'd give them a call.
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • youngretired
    Options
    This happened to me. I hadn't heard anything and so I tried again and it accepted my 2nd application and I was sent a letter within a couple of days later with account details.

The 1st application did finally arrive in the 2nd week but as it was just an application and they hadn't yet opened the account (where in the 2nd attempt they had), I just threw the paperwork away.

I did facebook with them about applying the 2nd time and I was told that if they had opened the account on the original 1st attempt then the system would not allow you to apply again. They were the ones that said just throw the original application away if received.
  • kev2009
    Options
    Hi,

Many thanks, I applied last Thursday evening so I was hoping to get the application Mon or Tues. I've had other post so would appear i've not received this yet or something went wrong but no indication of that when applying.

I'll give it a bit longer and if nothing then i'll apply next week again or call them.

Thanks

Kev
  • chockydavid1983
    Options
    I was expecting a completely different thread from the title! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure