Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Leear
    Leear Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Catriona_P wrote: »
    I've now been told that
    'there has been no bills generated on your account, the credit was an accumulation of your payments that you have made.

i have updated your account with all of your available bills.'

This makes absolutely no sense to me...and now my account is saying it's £421 in credit. Completely confused and no closer to my refund.

It is all very frustrating. Today I'm £144.14 in credit and tommorow my standing order of £88 will be paid to Avro, making me £232.14 in credit.

Maybe the next time, we should all under-estimate our useage?
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Leear wrote: »
    It is all very frustrating. Today I'm £144.14 in credit and tommorow my standing order of £88 will be paid to Avro, making me £232.14 in credit.
    Maybe the next time, we should all under-estimate our useage?
    So you will be between two and three months' direct debits in credit which I would regard as about normal for this time of year. I'm in roughly the same position and don't expect too much of a credit balance by spring (when my contract ends).
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • cranford
    Options
    Anyone waiting for a refund or reply from Avro can whistle for it for at least the next 10 days. According to their web site they are already closed for the duration and will only open for ONE day on the 28th Dec before the 2nd January.
    Very very poor customer service and not a good sign.
    I think you can expect rather a long backlog and even longer waits on the phone once they reopen.
  • Logen
    Logen Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    cranford wrote: »
    Anyone waiting for a refund or reply from Avro can whistle for it for at least the next 10 days. According to their web site they are already closed for the duration and will only open for ONE day on the 28th Dec before the 2nd January.
    Very very poor customer service and not a good sign.
    I think you can expect rather a long backlog and even longer waits on the phone once they reopen.
    Not so. From Avro website:
    Christmas Opening Times
    Christmas Eve 9am – 5.30pm
    Christmas Day Closed
    26th Dec Closed
    27th Dec 9am – 5.30pm
    28th Dec 9am – 5.30pm
    29th Dec Closed
    30th Dec Closed
    New Year's Eve 9am – 5.30pm
    New Year's Day Closed
    2nd Jan 9am – 5.30pm
  • cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you Logen, its not so bad after all. They have corrected their web site from what it was at 9am today.
  • colinblue
    Options
    Not great. I noted a hike a couple of months ago and rang in. I couldn't understand the usage barcharts on my account and I was told to ignore them as they were having problems with that. I also submitted several customer readings over the time I have been with them but these didn't seem to be taken into account, favouring a "national average" estimate. On that side, someone did come out to take readings but when asked about that they said that those readings werent actually used and they were just used an estimate. My DD went up £20/ month extra and I could see no justification for it. One adviser after my first hike in November told me I was on "simple and fixed" tariff. When I rang up yesterday after the second hike I was told that I was off that tariff for 2 months. I changed supplier yesterday.
  • wrongplanet
    Options
    colinblue wrote: »
    I noted a hike a couple of months ago...
    Did they notify you in advance, as per DD and Ofgem rules? I bet they didn't.
  • shoppingnoodles
    Options
    When you submit your final gas/leccy meter readings to your new supplier they are sent to separate gas and leccy companies for ‘industry verification’.

This mandatory ‘industry verification’ process can take many weeks in some cases and until it’s completed Eversmart cannot produce your final bill and terminate your previous contract;...similarly Avro cannot fully embrace you as their new customer. It’s a bit of a twilight zone! :(

To be fair, the energy companies are completely at the mercy of the meter reading ‘industry verification’ process.

I switched from Avro to YorksEnergy recently and although the leccy reading was ‘industry verified’ within 4 days, my final gas meter reading took 7 weeks to be ‘industry verified’.

This 7 week delay was not attributable to either Avro or Yorkshire Energy;...it was introduced (for reasons unknown) by the gas ‘industry verification’ people,...whoever the hell they are!

So here we are 3 months later and still the final meter readings have still not been verified, so our old account with Eversmart has not been closed. We were loads in credit with Eversmart as the direct debits were still being paid, so I emailed them (as suggested in another post) to inform them that I was cancelling the direct debit. They acknowledged this by email.

At 8 minutes past midnight on January 1st I received an email from Eversmart stating that my direct debit had been declined and that I needed to contact them to explain why it hadn't been paid (Happy New Year!!). Meanwhile we cannot claim back the balance we are owed because the final meter readings have not been confirmed. We are owed hundreds of pounds now.

Frankly, I'm sick to death of the lot of them! I'm sure that I read that OFGEM were bringing in suggested compensation for situations such as this. Does anyone know anything about it or have any suggestions how to speed things up?
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    edited 2 January 2019 at 11:01PM
    Options
    . . . Does anyone know anything about it or have any suggestions how to speed things up?
    <Ofgem's proposals for automatic compensation from energy suppliers>

It's due to become active from spring 2019.

Edit
    You could start the new supplier's complaints procedure and then just keep on badgering them with emails until you get a result. Whilst it may be true that the delay has been due to verification processes, it is the responsibility of the new supplier to chase up delays.

If you follow the compliant through to the Ombudsman, he/they may decide that £30 compensation is due even if not automatically paid by the suppler as will soon be required (Well, we'll see).
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Energycat
    Options
    Poor experience from me. Fine until I switched away, then didn't give me a final bill for ages after I sent the readings in, then after four phone calls eventually got final bill, then 9 weeks later still had not received my credit (which had built up to about £100), had to complain to the ombudsman which eventually resulted in the credit being paid. They also recommended £35 award for my inconvenience but I have yet to see that money.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback