Walk 2000 miles in 2017

Options

Comments

• Jonbvn
    Jonbvn Posts: 5,562 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Reporting in at the end of the 3rd week 22 Jan 2017:

As of midnight last night, I have walked 334.70 km (207.97 miles) putting me 139.05 km (86.04 miles) ahead of schedule.
    In case you hadn't already worked it out - the entire global financial system is predicated on the assumption that you're an idiot:cool:
  • Jonbvn
    Options
    indesisiv wrote: »
    0 miles run this week. Been ill since Monday and still don't seem to be getting any better. See if I can make a GP appointment on Monday if I am still bad by then :(
    Was hoping to have a good training week this week before the northern cross country championships next weekend. If I don't get better soon then I won't be running in them I guess :(

Get well soon! Running in the cross-country championships, I assume you are quite a serious athlete.
    In case you hadn't already worked it out - the entire global financial system is predicated on the assumption that you're an idiot:cool:
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    Just running puts you in the serious athlete category as far as I'm concerned!:o

I am precisely 5 miles behind where I should be, which I'm fine about. It's not been a good week with travelling away, that always makes it harder to get steps/mileage in. This week should be Ok though, no major work things going on.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Jonbvn wrote: »
    Get well soon! Running in the cross-country championships, I assume you are quite a serious athlete.

Not really serious, my target was to not get lapped (4k laps (12k race)) but don't think I will be able to race as my lungs still feel like they are filled with sand! My target would have been around 50 mins for 12k XC.
    I have much more important things that I am racing this year and want to make sure I am 100% before getting back to it. About to start my marathon training plan and don't really want to interfere with that.

I normally run +/-20secs of 20 mins for 5k up to around 68 mins for 10 miles.

On a mileage note sadly just the 6 miles I did on Monday as I am still not back up to running yet :(
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • davomcdave
    Options
    146.75km for me please YTD (I've left blank the time that my fitbit ran out of battery). That puts me about 60km so far this year.

Gonna have to pull my finger out a wee bit.
  • Jonbvn
    Options
    indesisiv wrote: »
    Not really serious, my target was to not get lapped (4k laps (12k race)) but don't think I will be able to race as my lungs still feel like they are filled with sand! My target would have been around 50 mins for 12k XC.
    I have much more important things that I am racing this year and want to make sure I am 100% before getting back to it. About to start my marathon training plan and don't really want to interfere with that.

I normally run +/-20secs of 20 mins for 5k up to around 68 mins for 10 miles.

On a mileage note sadly just the 6 miles I did on Monday as I am still not back up to running yet :(

Based on that info you definitely qualify as a serious athlete in my book. I've walked nearly a marathon distance in a day and to say I was kn@ckered would be an understatement. To run it in say 3 to 4 hours is for me, like going from a pub team to the premier league in one season.:p
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Fitbit weekly report in and tells me I have done 52.39 miles in the last week.
    Happy with that. :D
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fitbit tells me I have done 59.57 this week.
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    fitbit tells me I have done 59.57 this week.

Well done:T That's 8.5 miles a day.

I just don't have that much time unless I cut back on other activities:(
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 26 January 2017 at 11:40AM
    Options
    Another week of 0 miles run for me. Nearly better but don't want to run until my chest is completely clear. But I am away for a few days then in the lake district over the weekend so won't be back running till I get home, probably next Wednesday.
    I will then start building back up the mileage and be slowly catching up to my target.

Jonbvn wrote: »
    I've walked nearly a marathon distance in a day and to say I was kn@ckered would be an understatement. To run it in say 3 to 4 hours is for me, like going from a pub team to the premier league in one season.:p

I have never run that far ... yet.
    I have walked the yorkshire 3 peaks which is about 24 miles. However the furthest I have run to date is 17 miles.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport