PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

Options

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    "Champagne moments" for today were my sister unexpectedly visiting, a good long catch up over an impromptu bagel lunch and a zillion cups of tea. Second one was a cheeky coal tit in my garden, never seen one of those at the feeder before and although it knew I was close by it was happy to stay it wasn't at all bothered:).
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    I've had no champagne moments today. I've got the GC for the weekend and they have got that pre Christmas madness. I think I'm going to have a mince pie and a cuppa and go to bed with my new library book. That is about as champagne as my day is going to get.
  • sheilavw
    sheilavw Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nothing like a good library book, I'm 56, gone to the libary since I was a child, still love it now!
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 14 December 2018 at 11:48PM
    Options
    I've had no champagne moments today. I've got the GC for the weekend and they have got that pre Christmas madness. I think I'm going to have a mince pie and a cuppa and go to bed with my new library book. That is about as champagne as my day is going to get.

Sounds good to me. I adore mince pies but they give me gyp, so a bit of a no no. As for Christmas pudding......forget it, 1 small spoonful just for a taste and that's it, or I'm in agony.:rotfl:

Well I don't know what I've had done, whether it's weather related or whether I've overdone it but I have had a really bad fibro flare today, including a bout of costochondritis tonight. There are severe weather warnings here so I'll probably stay indoors tomorrow and just gently potter about.

I was invited out for drinks tonight but had to decline because I felt so grim.:o. So frustrating, never mind I've got some nice outings lined up for next week. I'll just have to rest and pace myself to ensure I can enjoy them.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    For all my fellow bookworms, if you go on ereaderiq uk, there are loads of free kindle books, that can also be downloaded onto phones, n tablets.I love it :j
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,562 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon LL! Shame you were unable to go out but better to look after yourself. Your health is more important than anything else.

Enjoy today pottering about - it'll be too cold to go out anyway!

Denise
  • lessonlearned
    edited 15 December 2018 at 9:57AM
    Options
    Thanks Denise. I feel a lot better this morning. Chest pain gone now. Took a soluable aspirin before bed and slept like a babe. It’s done the trick.

It’s bitterly cold here though so I’m going nowhere. Ive got plenty of food in so I can hibernate for a couple of days. My champagne moments will be of the hygge variety. :D.

Going to decorate the house and do a bit of domestic goddessing in the kitchen.

I may not be rich but I’m blessed with a roof over my head, warm clothing, heating, enough to eat and plenty to keep me amused and entertained, loving family and friends - including my virtual ones. I thank my lucky stars.

My lovely plumber called in last night to see how I was doing. Whilst he was here I asked him to bleed the radiator in my bedroom because it was a bit cold. Super toasty now. :D

Hope you all have a lovely weekend with lots of nice little cheap and cheerful champagne moments.

Stay warm.
  • candygirl
    Options
    Brrrrr it's chilly here in Lancs .The Furnutters are hogging the fire :rotfl:
    I've not been out since Mon!! Still feeling poop, but am keeping warm, n looking forward to the Strictly final tonight.Come onnnnnnn Stacey :j
    Keep safe n warm everyone xx

• lessonlearned
    Options
    Ah Candy, you are struggling at the mo aren't you. Yeah you snuggle up and keep warm.

Blimmin cold here too. Had the heating belting out all day and I still feel shivery. In fact my skin feels all painful and prickly like when you have the flu and my legs feel like jelly. Lol. Probably just the fibro flare up though so hopefully I will feel better in a day or two.

Not the best of days if I'm honest. A bit of a "widow day", missing my husband. Found decorating the tree very emotional. Daft really but he was such a kid when it came to Christmas, he was so enthusiastic about it all. I really haven't got "into Christmas" yet, it's just not the same without him. Nothing is. :o.

Anyway enough of that.....I managed the big tree although my arms really ached (again fibro pain) so that's all I've done today. Tomorrow I will finish the bits and pieces and then next week I can have a good tidy up.

Going to write a list and maybe go shopping tomorrow. It looks set to be a bit warmer and it will do me good to get out, even if it's only the supermarket. :rotfl:
  • candygirl
    Options
    Aww 'LL it must be so hard for you hun.You're always so upbeat n positive, so be kind to yourself when you're a bit low :A
    I was just having a lovely hot shower, n Zeus jumped in with me :eek::rotfl: I don't know whether to laugh or cry at him, at the mo:rotfl: He's in front of the fire now with his little towelling poncho on :D
    Still haven't trimmed up , n cba this year:(

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family