Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2018

Options

Comments

• pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I read somewhere that this lawsuit will allow any lawsuit involving them to be based in LV, and will hopefully be more sympathetic to them than anytown USA.
  • lulu984
    lulu984 Posts: 394 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys,

I went Vegas about ten years ago. I'm looking at booking flights for next year but cant seem to get a good price. By the time ive added baggage its coming out super expensive.

Where do you all book through? Any tips?

TIA :beer:
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lulu984 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I went Vegas about ten years ago. I'm looking at booking flights for next year but cant seem to get a good price. By the time ive added baggage its coming out super expensive.

Where do you all book through? Any tips?

TIA :beer:

In your opinion what constitutes a good price?
    Not planning a 2019 Vegas holiday (yet) but have seen £545 direct flight with Virgin from Manchester and £600 with Thomas Cook airlines.
    IMO they are great prices for direct flights.

I normally book with Expedia but the hotel direct (especially if you play My Vegas game).
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    In your opinion what constitutes a good price?
    Not planning a 2019 Vegas holiday (yet) but have seen £545 direct flight with Virgin from Manchester and £600 with Thomas Cook airlines.
    IMO they are great prices for direct flights.

I normally book with Expedia but the hotel direct (especially if you play My Vegas game).

What dates have you seen the £545 flights for, I am thinking of going May next year and at the mo they are super expensive
  • jonesMUFCforever
    edited 19 July 2018 at 11:42PM
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    What dates have you seen the £545 flights for, I am thinking of going May next year and at the mo they are super expensive

Gone up slightly to £565 but Expedia has a Virgin/Delta flight on 5th May 2019 for 7 nights direct from Manchester.

A week later the price is still £545.
    I have to be honest I 'm not sure whether that includes a checked in bag or not but still a decent price.

Paid £750 each (ouch) this year so IMO that's a bargain but partner not keen on going back so soon.
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gone up slightly to £565 but Expedia has a Virgin/Delta flight on 5th May 2019 for 7 nights direct from Manchester.

Paid £750 each (ouch) this year so IMO that's a bargain but partner not keen on going back so soon.
    Keep trying to persuade your partner. I’m not sure when we can get back due to unforeseen medical stuff, so am telling everyone to go if they can. I hope you go for it. I’ll probably looking out for trip reports and still be waiting.
  • photome
    Options

A week later the price is still £545.
    I have to be honest I 'm not sure whether that includes a checked in bag or not but still a decent price.

Thanks

I missed the Manchester bit. Thats too far for us. some of the London flights are still nearly £1000 each
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Thanks

I missed the Manchester bit. Thats too far for us. some of the London flights are still nearly £1000 each
    How long is Euston to Manchester Piccadilly by rail - a couple of hours if that - then a night at the airport for an early flight and you would be still quids in - and who knows you might have time for a tour of a great football stadium :D:D
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks

Go on sky scanner, click each airport individually and all of May. It shouldn't cost a grand each
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • photome
    edited 20 July 2018 at 10:26PM
    Options
    How long is Euston to Manchester Piccadilly by rail - a couple of hours if that - then a night at the airport for an early flight and you would be still quids in - and who knows you might have time for a tour of a great football stadium :D:D

I live in Norwich tho and drive, it!!!8217;s bad enough driving to and from London, def not doing it to Manchester and back.

We have flown from Norwich many times but have also missed connections a few times.

As for the tour...happy with sitting in Carrow Road each home game (was supposed to be a smiley wink face here but my I pad generated a load of numbers instead)

Haven!!!8217;t looked in to cost of flights from Norwich to Manchester, that may be an option
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure