PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 8th January 2018

Options

Comments

• Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    lil_me wrote: »
    5lb off this week and 1.5 stone award from slimming world

Well done. I did actually manage to go for a run this morning, first one since Nov 11th and it was very wet so I did the shorter drier route which was 20mins and managed to keep going so I was pretty pleased with myself. I won't mention the T0by carvery this evening.

When I left for work Mr N was flying round the kitchen; I asked if he had any plans this morning and he actually replied that the weather was too bad for much except flying. Yes I know I'm lucky.
    3 mice snaptrapped in garage now.

Did an assessment.
    Sorted out Mr N's new toy for him; our bereaved friend very kindly donated him his late wife's tablet.

Not much else other than did a couple of surveys, checked emails and went out for friend's birthday.

Planning to do a tiny bit of report writing before bed.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone, another one here who is surviving on very little sleep at the moment, but at least I don't work so I can rest when I'm able.
    Flying wise, the bathroom has been done, bedrooms done, hall stairs and landing all done, washing and drying all done (I only do this once a week), the front room has been done and that only leaves the kitchen and dining room that I will tackle tomorrow.
    I have attacked the paperwork and slowly getting there but the shredding pile is getting rather large so I must borrow the shredder off my dd.
    I must start tackling the lottie next week, I went there today to pick a cabbage and realized I started some alterations before the snow and cold snap came and I haven't finished it yet, I have also to try and get into my shed as some thieving people tried to get in but just squashed the lock flat so nobody can get in now, but that's not a bad thing as nothing was taken, but I cant get in now either, but no matter I can fix that.
    Next week or perhaps over the weekend I would like to start emptying one kitchen cupboard at a time and spring cleaning it out and after that tackle the pantry that is a big glory hole really!!
    So off to bed now to see if I can claim some sleep back after my 3 hours last night.
    Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The word Fred came into my head tonight with fond memories of Toots. Love how her welcome is still used. Just thought I would share that. Got to Birmingham. Forgot lots of things. Need to use lists more. Toots would remind me about the organisation book I lost.

Goodnight all xxx
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,000 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    lil_me wrote: »
    The word Fred came into my head tonight with fond memories of Toots. Love how her welcome is still used. Just thought I would share that. Got to Birmingham. Forgot lots of things. Need to use lists more. Toots would remind me about the organisation book I lost.

Goodnight all xxx

I know... I still have some messages from her, and a christmas card.. and a card she sent when CF left and one she sent when we had Squeak.. I hope she can feel our love and how we still remember her.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • riotlady
    riotlady Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Day to day cleaning is going fine but haven't done as much de-cluttering as I planned today or yesterday because Mr Riotlady has been off work and he's a terrible influence xD A bunch of nursery furniture arrived from IKEA though and I've done loads of little niggly jobs like sorting out prescriptions and posting thank you notes.
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all - rubbish night's sleep. Don't know why. Did have a strange dream that I had a fist fight with Rachel Hunter (Rod Stewart's wife) and won!?!

Anyway - naff all done yesterday as we had a powercut, then low voltage supply for most of the day. Had to send some tradesmen away as their tools need 110v to run and we were getting about 90v. Not enough to run my kettle or the microwave. Defrosted my HM waffles on the woodburner, so the boys had these and milk for brekkie.

Did go fresh food shopping and had a cuppa with a [STRIKE]slightly bonkers[/STRIKE] very amusing friend. Had to collect another friend's daughter from school as the mum and dad had been delayed car-hunting miles away and lost track of time.

Oh, I swept the floors....
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning all,

Piggers my DD is in year 1 and I am amazed at how much homework they get. She's the youngest in her year so was only just 5 starting year 1 and is shattered at the end of each day.

DH decluttered to work with a bacon and sausage bagel, kiddies fed and watching TV and I've just had brekkie. Must shove some clothes and slap on then get ready to go - loads of errand to run after school run.

Will report back later have great days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,021 Forumite
    Options
    Hello :hello:

I'm not at work today - though I should have been :(. I spent most of last night in high anxiety mode and got very little sleep (and what sleep I got was dream-ridden), got up and got ready for work - on automatic pilot I think, then had a meltdown instead. Poor DS didn't know where it had come from - not sure I did tbh.

I've discovered there is a direct correlation between the number of dirty pots here and my mental health. I've not WUDUPA since Monday evening :(....I suspect that's when the downward slide into mental hell began.

Looking at possible causes I've come up with: the change in my eating habits affecting my brain chemistry?; being bored stupid at work most of the time (the novelty of not being rushed off my feet has definitely worn off - there must surely be a middle road between bored and crazily busy?); the dratted radio at work - but I think that's possibly a symptom rather than a cause (because I'm bored there's nothing to help me tune out the noise); all or none of the above :(.

Flying? I made the bed and fed the birds as part on my morning routine. Difficult to motivate myself to do anything at the minute. At least Sweetie (budgie) is happy to have my company :)

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible (I hope!!!)

Rxx

PS If anyone sees my mojo please send it home - it's done a runner!
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,021 Forumite
    Options
    ooo I think someone shared their mojo with me :) Thank you.

I've put: clean towels in the bathroom; a towel wash on - it's swishing now; the rubbish + some recycling out, and folded some of the dry clothes from the airer.

Not much but I feel dreadful so anything must be on borrowed mojo :)

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So sorry you struggle that way Roundtuit; I can be similar sometimes so you have my sympathies x

Flying wise not a lot apart from putting away dry washing, washing and hanging up wet stuff. Picked up some stuff from table and that's about it I'm afraid. Rubbed in 2 lots of ibuprofen gel and think it is helping a bit - cut back on my work so much but a case of needs must.

Been having a chat with Huck's owner and I think she is realising I don't want to be taken for granted as feel that has been the case but cleared the air now and said I can only do just Huck 3 days a week as from beginning of February whereas at the moment I'm doing 2 7 days a week almost!!

J doing tea for us which is nice. Got the wood burner going as it's cold.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport